What's new

Tom Hill Haze

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FWIW:

Skunk #1 from Sacred Seeds is a Afghan x Colombian X Acapulco Gold
Original Haze from Sacred Seeds is a Colombian 3 way, Gold X Mauve X Punta Rojas
There were other parents added by other beeders, me included but that is not Original Haze it is a Haze Hybrid
-SamS

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FWIW:

Skunk #1 from Sacred Seeds is an Afghan x Colombian X Acapulco Gold
Original Haze from Sacred Seeds is a Colombian 3 way, Gold X Mauve X Punta Rojas
There were other parents added by other breeders, me included but that is not Original Haze it is a Haze Hybrid
-SamS

Todd has said his sk#1 seeds produce more Acrid phenos?. This is what's on his website

In 1988 Mel Frank begot Skunk No.1 seeds from Skunkman Sam and put them into the refrigerator until 1996 when he reproduced them 8 years later. Then Mel Frank properly stored them for another 24 years until 2020, when they were grown and selected by me for the more acrid terpene phenotypes. (Afghan x Colombian) x Acapulco Gold. I grew Sam's SK#1 a few times but never found any strong skunk phenos. I told him I never found any goos skunk in SK#! seeds. Per our conversation, he said his seeds will produce better Skunk profiles. Todds SK#1 is in the queue to get popped so I will see what's what. .

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Todd has said his sk#1 seeds produce more Acrid phenos?. This is what's on his website

In 1988 Mel Frank begot Skunk No.1 seeds from Skunkman Sam and put them into the refrigerator until 1996 when he reproduced them 8 years later. Then Mel Frank properly stored them for another 24 years until 2020, when they were grown and selected by me for the more acrid terpene phenotypes. (Afghan x Colombian) x Acapulco Gold. I grew Sam's SK#1 a few times but never found any strong skunk phenos. I told him I never found any goos skunk in SK#! seeds. Per our conversation, he said his seeds will produce better Skunk profiles. Todds SK#1 is in the queue to get popped so I will see what's what. .
Skunk 1 was even in mid 80's always fruty herb.
With added cat piss thats why it called skunk = piss..

Acrid smells garlic,glue,chem comes from ghanis from mazar i sheriff region mostly.

Nevile on skunk 1 x nl5 cross...
"taste is similar to Skunk #1, a rich sweet pungency"

So skunk 1 was always sweet pungency even back in mid 80's.

I got proven info that Original Haze smells like pine rosin and nothing more. It was scary strong herb with strong incense/church smell while burning and christmass tree structure.
High was so rocket lunch that people often have stomach pain of adrenaline rush they feel after few tokes.

It was nothing like original haze you buy from today breeders.

Last edited:

jessethestoner

watch sam on this episode of hash church talk about his skunk.

He also says his favorite male, when reversed to a female, was much more sweet than he had ever believed based on how the plant expressed as a male. Which no doubt heavily influenced the selections beyond evem what he consciously chose

he basically says, as he has for years, i liked the smells, effects and hash more from the sweet selections than the more acrid skunks.

Last edited:

harvestreaper

Veteran
thh f2 pheno 3 left ,,2 right ,,@CANNATORIUM the sibling brother to these was very strong pine terps

20221017_174051.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Skunk 1 was even in mid 80's always fruty herb.
With added cat piss thats why it called skunk = piss..

Acrid smells garlic,glue,chem comes from ghanis from mazar i sheriff region mostly.

Nevile on skunk 1 x nl5 cross...
"taste is similar to Skunk #1, a rich sweet pungency"

So skunk 1 was always sweet pungency even back in mid 80's.

I got proven info that Original Haze smells like pine rosin and nothing more. It was scary strong herb with strong incense/church smell while burning and christmass tree structure.
High was so rocket lunch that people often have stomach pain of adrenaline rush they feel after few tokes.

It was nothing like original haze you buy from today breeders.

Not from my perspective. The skunk we had did not have any piss or had any sweet aroma. It had a very strong skunk aroma that would permeate anything it touched. Carrying it around was a mistake. That skunk terpene did not translate into its flav but it never was sweet. The real skunk for 1980 will be hard to duplicate if ever. There aren't many people still alive that know what the 1980 skunk in Cali was like.. There is nothing available today that is as strong in terps as she was.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You guys do realize even the Haze brothers told Sam different story's about what haze way and Sam him self posted he never saw the early original Haze.

I gave seeds to both the Original Haze growers in 1972 and also later, One used Thai and S Indian with his Haze in the very early 70's. The other grew the Thai but decided it was not as good as Haze and did not use it. The very first Original Haze was a crop of both green, lime green, purple, and other colors, all from Columbian, after that I am not sure and anyone that says they are, is just fooling themselves. One of the Haze growers RL told me a different story then the Original Haze guy that did it first up in the SC mountains and then in the next few years moved down to right by my house, less then a block away, the other Haze grower RL, who put out the OH poster lived a block the other side of my house. I had a friend "J" that used to help the SC mountain Haze grower, he was also a good friend of RCC, he told me all about the early Original Haze I never saw, as I got back to SC in early 1972. They both told me different stories, I did not care so much it was the Cannabis I was interested in.
Sacred Seeds never tried to stablize or improve the Original Haze, our only goal was to save as many of the Original Haze genes as I could so I used as many Original Haze females and males as I could. I think I could create an all Original Haze improved line but I would need to grow thousands and thousands of plants to find a few keeper females, the males would require to be transformed into females to be screened as keepers, and/or by progeney trials that would be best. I would have done it already except that Original Haze is a lousey Dry Sift Hash maker and I hate to use so much space to do the work right. If I don't someone will....
I really do not like Original Haze hybrids that use an WLD Indica to make powerful Hazes, they are strong but often lack the pure Sativa high the I prefer. It is easy though.
If done right with just haze taste and effects, and I can't tell it is a hybrid and it is strong as the Haze was, I would like it I bet. Even the Purple Haze from back in the 70's was not really my choice, they did seem a bit stronger then the greens, limes, and blues, but they also had a more narcotic effect to me. They were the prettiest not the best, to me.
-SamS

GreenAndFast

Not from my perspective. The skunk we had did not have any piss or had any sweet aroma. It had a very strong skunk aroma that would permeate anything it touched. Carrying it around was a mistake. That skunk terpene did not translate into its flav but it never was sweet. The real skunk for 1980 will be hard to duplicate if ever. There aren't many people still alive that know what the 1980 skunk in Cali was like.. There is nothing available today that is as strong in terps as she was.
I had it once in around 2004, the boy brought a Oz of it to school and literally stunk the entire school out. I had a 1g bag and had to walk home with my bag open trying to get the smell out. Dark, greasy oily very dark green from what I remember. Effects wise it was nothing special - glued to the couch barely awake but happy. Not really my idea of a good time but the smell was unbelievable.

CannaT

Premium user
thh f2 pheno 3 left ,,2 right ,,@CANNATORIUM the sibling brother to these was very strong pine terps

View attachment 18770397
I express my toughts badly.
Not that O.Haze is not good today.
But real first expression that was consider Original haze was like that pine to the max.
The most strongest haze phenos I ever smoked where Pine dominant terp profile.

So it can be found in todays oh seeds and its good sign. 😊

Last edited:

CannaT

Premium user
You maybe had something ghani or ghani dom phenk that you consider skunk or its called skunk.
In Europe even today any strong smelling and strong cultivar is called skunk.

I said this about strain from seeds that is called sk1.
Shure there are burnt rubber and ghani phenos afghan is part of it.
But mostly its sweet skunk strain sativa dominant.

Asiatica

Bandaid haze - why the name Bandaid? Does it smell like the adhesive you get on fabric plasters or savlon?

I get that smell in MN AfgHz.

THH to me was sandlewood, lime, frankincense, leather/goats, old musty books, cola/root beer, oily metallic shavings

The smell of burning frankincense when it burns a bit rather than melts is a smell similar to leather/goats/musty books. Frankincense when melting is similar to lime fruit polos.

:love: THH Haze

Bodhi coined the name "Bandaid" Haze because "it heals all wounds."

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You maybe had something ghani or ghani dom phenk that you consider skunk or its called skunk.
In Europe even today any strong smelling and strong cultivar is called skunk.

I said this about strain from seeds that is called sk1.
Shure there are burnt rubber and ghani phenos afghan is part of it.
But mostly its sweet skunk strain sativa dominant.

1980 skunk did not come from SK#1. She was around before those got made. IMO it was an NLD hybrid. Virtually everything in 1980 was an NLD hybrid.. AFGH did not come around often. Not many liked them do to the missing flavors they offered. Everything since then has just used the name skunk which most are not. I can find phenos with a slight skunk aroma in many of my NLD projects but nothing has come close to the original.

jackspratt61

1980 skunk did not come from SK#1. She was around before those got made. IMO it was an NLD hybrid. Virtually everything in 1980 was an NLD hybrid.. AFGH did not come around often. Not many liked them do to the missing flavors they offered. Everything since then has just used the name skunk which most are not. I can find phenos with a slight skunk aroma in many of my NLD projects but nothing has come close to the original.
Skunk quickly lost popularity here because it was consistently ripped before outdoor harvest.

Ralph W. Llama

Skunk is. Had lots of different versions over the years, starting in the late 80’s. I am lucky to have some relevant genes to play with and for anyone doubting the smells, the ripper angle rings true. It took a lot of stealth to pull it off bitd, even indoors.

The UK use of the term muddies some already murky waters, but anyone who has experienced the real deal doesn’t use “skunk” generically for strong stuff. This BBC article reads like comedy.

As for THH, it’s on the list to try. I miss Tom’s input too. Some of the most learnest …

Latest posts

Latest posts