What's new

The DEA to move cannabis from Schedule I to Schedule III

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
A simple Google search of the penalties for schedule 3 violations shows the reality as of today.
Still gonna go to prison.
Still gonna be subjected to the feds.
Gonna more tightly regulated than it is now as the states have been doing it individually.
Now they will all have to comply federally.

eastcoastjoe

A simple Google search of the penalties for schedule 3 violations shows the reality as of today.
Still gonna go to prison.
Still gonna be subjected to the feds.
Gonna more tightly regulated than it is now as the states have been doing it individually.
Now they will all have to comply federally.

Nobody knows what’s going to happen next. If you’re basing the penalties of schedule 3 on exactly what the law says , apply that logic to our current state of affairs and ask yourself why we have thousands of licensed grows operating under schedule 1 without the law being applied to them. The truth is, exceptions can be made just like they are being made right now at schedule 1.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Nobody knows what’s going to happen next. If you’re basing the penalties of schedule 3 on exactly what the law says , apply that logic to our current state of affairs and ask yourself why we have thousands of licensed grows operating under schedule 1 without the law being applied to them. The truth is, exceptions can be made just like they are being made right now at schedule 1.
That would make it zero progress then.
Still against the law we just pick and choose when and who to enforce upon..........see how that's gonna work?

xtsho

Pessimism:

a tendency to see the worst aspect of things or believe that the worst will happen; a lack of hope or confidence in the future

an inclination to emphasize adverse aspects, conditions, and possibilities or to expect the worst possible outcome

an attitude of hopelessness toward life and toward existence, coupled with a vague general opinion that pain and evil predominate in the world.

Can you please explain how the DEA and the Feds are going to make money if cannabis is rescheduled to a class 3 drug? Not some outlandish claims that are not based in reality H

Typical right-wingers. It is impossible to keep you people happy so I don't think anybody should bother trying anymore. Let the rest of us enjoy some PROGRESS without the mouth breathers crying about how bad they personally have it while dragging down everyone else.
Right wingers haha haha haha progress is great nobody can afford shit just keep giving money away to other countries progress is great your either dumb or blind or both or maybe your a govt leech living off handouts ... I'm done with this forum bunch of blind tea bagging politicians bye bye beef curain

xtsho

Right wingers haha haha haha progress is great nobody can afford shit just keep giving money away to other countries progress is great your either dumb or blind or both or maybe your a govt leech living off handouts ... I'm done with this forum bunch of blind tea bagging politicians bye bye beef curain

Hey this guy agrees with you.

"But Dr. Kevin Sabet, a former White House drug policy official who has worked under presidents of both parties, says rescheduling is a step in the wrong direction."

eastcoastjoe

That would make it zero progress then.
Still against the law we just pick and choose when and who to enforce upon..........see how that's gonna work?

No progress ? The industry as we know it has always been federally illegal but still have allowed hundreds of thousands of people to access, cultivate and dispense without prosecution. Not sure how old you are but if you were involved in cannabis before 1996, I struggle to see why you think no progress has been made.

My point was, if they have not been enforcing the letter of the law at schedule 1, we can’t just assume they will when it is schedule 3. That is actually a good thing. Everyone is assuming the worse and we don’t even know what’s going to happen yet.

I Care

You’re a cool dude stick around

GainesvilleGreen

Some folks need to chill and quit reading into all this shit.
It's a great thing going schedule 3.
We have all been fighting this battle in the South East and glad to hopefully see a change.
Some of you guys are probably in rec states still bitching.. 😂 unbelievable..
Fuck Yeah, going 3 baby!
That's it!
Cheers

Last edited:

I Care

Still no reason to believe that they won’t find a way to fuck it up. If they don’t federally mandate that there’s no crime associated with cultivation, possession or free trade and regulation of plant forms of cannabis. They ain’t gonna ever get it right. You know that like every politician is probably prescribed Benzo, Amphetamine, and /or Ambien. Not asleep nor are they awake. There for the salary not for our constitutional freedoms.

But shit man, maybe they can put people on the synthetic cannabidiol or canabidol injections soon for people addicted to the import chemicals coming across the borders.

GainesvilleGreen

Still no reason to believe that they won’t find a way to fuck it up. If they don’t federally mandate that there’s no crime associated with cultivation, possession or free trade and regulation of plant forms of cannabis. They ain’t gonna ever get it right. You know that like every politician is probably prescribed Benzo, Amphetamine, and /or Ambien. Not asleep nor are they awake. There for the salary not for our constitutional freedoms.

But shit man, maybe they can put people on the synthetic cannabidiol or canabidol injections soon for people addicted to the import chemicals coming across the borders.
Sure I get what you're saying. But it's a step in the right direction to study it, period. Whatever happens after that depends on us getting this shit right.
Tired of fighting the fight .. crazy we are still talking about it tbh..

xtsho

Some folks need to chill and quit reading into all this shit.
It's a great thing going schedule 3.
We have all been fighting this battle in the South East and glad to hopefully see a change.
Some of you guys are probably in rec states still bitching.. 😂 unbelievable..
Fuck Yeah, going 3 baby!
That's it!
Cheers

You guys had it bad out in some states and in many cases still do. We'd hear stories about people going to prison over a roach in other states years ago. There was a story floating around that if you got caught with a seed in Texas you could go to prison.

In Oregon, less than an ounce was made a finable violation and not a crime way back in 1973. I've personally had cops just dump out my bag of weed after getting caught smoking in a park or parked on the side of the road getting high way back in the 80's. Over an ounce bumped you up to a felony though.

I Care

I’m serious about researching it for alternative addiction recovery treatments to what’s currently out there for people of the tracks.

The politics for me. I want my freedom back and I want it now. Everyone who wants to grow will grow and everyone who doesn’t grow will know somebody who does. That’s all I’m really pissed is that since Oregon 73, 40 years, the plant isn’t decriminalized yet. Up to an ounce legally in possession of people of Oregon for over 40 years and how many fatalities related to cannabis use?

I Care

I don’t see a single other thing the have to put on list with its biological name. From the same nomenclature system used to class humans bilogically. Nit a single thing you need to do, you could fucking take a bite right off of it and put it in your oatmeal. But let’s just move it lower on a list of chemicals.

TBH can they reschedule peyote too. I always wanted to get high on mescaline when I was a kid and it’s another one on the list that they took from the soul man.

xtsho

I’m serious about researching it for alternative addiction recovery treatments to what’s currently out there for people of the tracks.

The politics for me. I want my freedom back and I want it now. Everyone who wants to grow will grow and everyone who doesn’t grow will know somebody who does. That’s all I’m really pissed is that since Oregon 73, 40 years, the plant isn’t decriminalized yet. Up to an ounce legally in possession of people of Oregon for over 40 years and how many fatalities related to cannabis use?

This is the way it is. The Feds are leaving the States alone. In Oregon and other Rec States it is basically decriminalized. There is no penalty for possession or cultivation. You can have it delivered to your door if you want in some places just like ordering from DoorDash. There are more dispensaries than McDonalds.

I don't see why the Feds would change anything and come after anyone after the Classification level is lowered. The Fed level is meaningless to us in legal states. They're not going to do anything. But it's going to take time for it to be decriminalized Federally.

There are 50 states and you have to have Representatives and Senators from all the states vote on it. Some of these people come from pretty conservative areas and they're not going to vote yes on any Bill unless they get to slip some crap into it like a bunch of money to build a new widget for their town. Only so much can get done using executive action which is what this declassification would be. The rest has to go through Congress because of the Controlled Substances Act.

So if and when Congress can get their shit together, start functioning, and pass legislation. It will take some time for complete legalization at the federal level because these idiots have better things to do like focus on their Social Media presence and appearing on cable news

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran

It depends on you definition of fatalities... People killed for their cannabis, robbed and killed... It's happened around here... some young punks trick a couple of girls into thinking they are selling them a pound and then they they shoot them to steal the money. There have been other over the years too, other punk coming "buy" some ones home grown and they rob and shoot them. This was all local stuff that has gone down over the years.

It feels weird and odd for the DEA to just go and do this, and to lots of folks it feels like something is off and they are waiting for the rug to be pulled out from other them, like it's some kind of magic trick. Congress did passed some bill that has been sitting at the senate and waiting for them to do something. I don't know all the detail if it was decriminalization or legalizing. It seamed like it might not go anywhere. Maybe this is why the DEA did this, I could be wrong but just trying to question why they did it?

farmerfischer

tumblr_35bf85b320e231ee5740970cb978a171_bef4ff5b_500.gif