What's new

Shiva Grows

shiva82

the 3 x 50 litre of compost on the shoulder , 500 metre walk is a good training session. i could do that daily . my mate is shoutin ' use the wheel barrow it is easier' , i'm shouting back ' leave it , i enjoy the workout in the sun ' i did that 4 times, and then i moved loads of stone and that is about 30 minutes of heavy work load . enough

method to the insanity

revegeta666

i used to be a lot stronger and eat three times as much , but it a waste and strain on the body long term and heart
After 40 it's better to be mindful and focus on mobility and general fitness, stabilisers, tendon strength. Leave the curls for the youngsters 😅

i'm a big fan of max holloways attitude . some power, but speed and timing all day everyday
Me too he has to be in my top 5 of all time. Timing is everything, much of his power comes from using the opponent's movement to create harder collisions. Michael page is good at that as well. Point karate background, they make every hit count.

shiva82

After 40 it's better to be mindful and focus on mobility and general fitness, stabilisers, tendon strength. Leave the curls for the youngsters 😅

Me too he has to be in my top 5 of all time. Timing is everything, much of his power comes from using the opponent's movement to create harder collisions. Michael page is good at that as well. Point karate background, they make every hit count.
canelo is similar . good defence and timing of power shots with set ups and faints too

revegeta666

canelo is similar . good defence and timing of power shots with set ups and faints too
I like crafty sneaky fighters. Makes the matches more interesting. Fedor had some great handtraps. It wasn't hard to find GIFs haha
fedor hand trap big right against nog.gif

shiva82

fedor had calmness and was very focused ,is what i feel when i look at him and his style. pure calm. he does all the basics very smooth and accurate . more than effective , and ice cold . i rate fedor

everyone has their own styles , and fedors is one of the most effective styles of all

revegeta666

It was almost eerie watching how calm and stoic he was before every match. He really is my favourite of all time. Looking like a potato man with his gut hanging out like he's waiting for the bus. Then the bell rings and Armageddon is unleashed.

shiva82

It was almost eerie watching how calm and stoic he was before every match. He really is my favourite of all time. Looking like a potato man with his gut hanging out like he's waiting for the bus. Then the bell rings and Armageddon is unleashed.
he was fit and strong , may 25 % body fat rather than say 10% lean . the extra weight would help wrestling , extra power , shot resistance etc . if you are fit enough to handle the extra weight . it can be very handy . most of us would be hindered i suppose

shiva82

maybe a lean fedor would not be able to fight at super heavyweight and heavyweight at respective companies over the years . balls like king kong and two godzillas rolled into one too

shiva82

cruiser or light heavy divisions at the time and in russia were not considered as top tier as the super heavy and heavy. so let him stay a bit fat to keep him at weight to compete. heavy is most prestige

revegeta666

he was fit and strong , may 25 % body fat rather than say 10% lean . the extra weight would help wrestling , extra power , shot resistance etc . if you are fit enough to handle the extra weight . it can be very handy . most of us would be hindered i suppose
Oh no he made it work and so did his brother. Bear wrestling potato fueled russian ass kicking machines. They were as explosive as any of their peers if not more.

There's a lot of conditioning wisdom that originated in Russia that only in the last few decades has been accepted in Western countries. But they've had it figured out for a long time. Kettle bells and ropes and sledgehammers and sandbags people use now all are traditional in Russia. That kind of strength translates a lot better into sports than barbell lifts I think.

shiva82

Oh no he made it work and so did his brother. Bear wrestling potato fueled russian ass kicking machines. They were as explosive as any of their peers if not more.

There's a lot of conditioning wisdom that originated in Russia that only in the last few decades has been accepted in Western countries. But they've had it figured out for a long time. Kettle bells and ropes and sledgehammers and sandbags people use now all are traditional in Russia. That kind of strength translates a lot better into sports than barbell lifts I think.
if fedor gets a grip of anyone it is game over