What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Harvesting Acapulco Gold

Bluetic

I could use some advice. Approximately how many days of flowering before harvesting AG? I’m at 73 days now and the hairs are turning brown, buds seem to be growing, and the turps look a little milky. This is the first time I’ve grown this strain. A lot different then what I’m use to growing!
IMG_1116.jpeg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Welcome. It looks like you still have some time to go. Wait until the calyxes swell under the most of withered pistils. After the calyxes swell the trichomes will get coated thick and frosty. It's easy to be fooled with that strain and harvest too early. It may take 120 days or more. Be patient friend, because it will be worth it in the end. .

acespicoli

If its the hybrid ones 70-80 days
MMS 150 days
Depends on water stress...etc
Usually wait till all your hairs turn check trichs with 30x jewelers loupe they run 10$
depends what you like for head

:huggg:

1709032458656.png

The easiest method you can use to observe the trichomes without a magnifying glass is by using your phone’s camera. Make sure there’s enough light in the room, point the camera at the bud, zoom in until you see the trichomes.

Translucent/Transparent Trichomes​

When a fully developed trichome bulbous head looks clear and transparent, it means the trichome has entered its early stage of ripening. Usually it occurs after 56 days of flowering. Consumption at this stage will give you citrus taste and a “high” which is much stimulating or paranoia and less sedative or calm. This happens because less terpene and cannabinoids are produced by the trichome gland at this stage. The pellucid nature of the bulbous head represents the less amount of psycho-activity hence such cannabis is not ready to harvest.

Milky/Cloudy Trichome​

Trichome heads slowly become white or cloudy, probably the best moment to harvest most available hybrids. The milky colour represents that cells inside the trichome have partly turned into cannabinoids, terpene, flavonoides and other useful compounds. Because of the presence of several cannabinoid molecules the colour of the bulbous head might look slightly yellow. If you harvest at this stage when most of the trichomes are still milky, the effect will be pronounced cerebral and psychotropic, however the THC level would still not be at its peak.

Amber/Golden Trichome​

At this stage, you can observe completely mature trichomes with fully developed bulbous. Most of the ripe trichomes turn completely yellow while some of them could still be milky with a slight golden hue. You need to wait until 70% of trichomes have turned amber to get higher concentration of CBD and THC. This is the moment when most of the growers harvest their plant. If the trichome ripeness level reaches more than 80% of the bud, the quality and concentration of CBDs and THCs would start decreasing gradually. At a later stage the bulbous head would start to shrink and burst. During this time some of the larger and lower fan leaves may begin to yellow and wilt.

Author bio – A guest blogger has contributed this advertorial

Last edited:

Bluetic

If its the hybrid ones 70-80 days
MMS 150 days
Depends on water stress...etc
Usually wait till all your hairs turn check trichs with 30x jewelers loupe they run 10$
depends what you like for head

:huggg:

View attachment 18965694
The easiest method you can use to observe the trichomes without a magnifying glass is by using your phone’s camera. Make sure there’s enough light in the room, point the camera at the bud, zoom in until you see the trichomes.

Translucent/Transparent Trichomes​

When a fully developed trichome bulbous head looks clear and transparent, it means the trichome has entered its early stage of ripening. Usually it occurs after 56 days of flowering. Consumption at this stage will give you citrus taste and a “high” which is much stimulating or paranoia and less sedative or calm. This happens because less terpene and cannabinoids are produced by the trichome gland at this stage. The pellucid nature of the bulbous head represents the less amount of psycho-activity hence such cannabis is not ready to harvest.

Milky/Cloudy Trichome​

Trichome heads slowly become white or cloudy, probably the best moment to harvest most available hybrids. The milky colour represents that cells inside the trichome have partly turned into cannabinoids, terpene, flavonoides and other useful compounds. Because of the presence of several cannabinoid molecules the colour of the bulbous head might look slightly yellow. If you harvest at this stage when most of the trichomes are still milky, the effect will be pronounced cerebral and psychotropic, however the THC level would still not be at its peak.

Amber/Golden Trichome​

At this stage, you can observe completely mature trichomes with fully developed bulbous. Most of the ripe trichomes turn completely yellow while some of them could still be milky with a slight golden hue. You need to wait until 70% of trichomes have turned amber to get higher concentration of CBD and THC. This is the moment when most of the growers harvest their plant. If the trichome ripeness level reaches more than 80% of the bud, the quality and concentration of CBDs and THCs would start decreasing gradually. At a later stage the bulbous head would start to shrink and burst. During this time some of the larger and lower fan leaves may begin to yellow and wilt.

Author bio – A guest blogger has contributed this advertorial
Awesome info! Thanks for sharing! I’ll keep ya posted. Pics are from 2/23, approximately 70 days.

Attachments

• IMG_1117.jpeg
    IMG_1117.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1115.jpeg
    IMG_1115.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1098.jpeg
    IMG_1098.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1116.jpeg
    IMG_1116.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 49

Bluetic

Welcome. It looks like you still have some time to go. Wait until the calyxes swell under the most of withered pistils. After the calyxes swell the trichomes will get coated thick and frosty. It's easy to be fooled with that strain and harvest too early. It may take 120 days or more. Be patient friend, because it will be worth it in the end. .
Pictures were taken at 70 days.

Attachments

• IMG_1116.jpeg
    IMG_1116.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1115.jpeg
    IMG_1115.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1117.jpeg
    IMG_1117.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1098.jpeg
    IMG_1098.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 35

Bluetic

I could use some advice. Approximately how many days of flowering before harvesting AG? I’m at 73 days now and the hairs are turning brown, buds seem to be growing, and the turps look a little milky. This is the first time I’ve grown this strain. A lot different then what I’m use to growing! View attachment 18965239

Attachments

• IMG_1117.jpeg
    IMG_1117.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1098.jpeg
    IMG_1098.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 40

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Damn, friend. You are kicking ass and dialed in with that plant. I grew a plant similar to the one above, and it took a long time to finish. I kept waiting for the trichomes to show up and grow. Took forever, so I reduced the hours in the photoperiod and limited its food to help speed it up. It finally had trichomes in the end but very few compared to other strains.

The weed sat for about 6 months and cured out nicely. That's been a year and I still have some jars and love it. It reminds me of the weed from the old days before all that stinky stuff started showing up. Overall it was worth the extra time and I was glad I worked with it in the end. Thanks for sharing your grow with us.