What's new

YOUR WORST/DISAPOINTED/OVERATED STRAIN(S)

3 seeds >>>>>>>>>>> if your growing 3 seeds at a time you might be better of with 3 fems !!

you need to grow out a few with regs , they should be a good one in the 15 seeds in pack i should think

I agree with you, but I must say, my other strains, were like better to another level... I mean, my Sensi star, out of 2 seeds, I found a SUPERB feno.... the other was good also, White russian, in 1 seed, I found a verry unique plant.... peyote purple, all seeds turned out awsome, Sandstorm, out os 2 seeds I found a god female, and an AWSOME male, I mean, I know how to select good plants, but when I was working with these lines, I wasn´t much into germinating a whole pack to find 1 plant.... I wanted to germinate 1 seed and know something good was coming, but, Black Widow, realy let me down, I´m from Brasil, and here, the street weed, is mostly brick weed from paraguay, and unfortunately, I have smoked many bricks that were far better then my experiences with black widow, I realy do hope to find a good feno in the pack, I mean, what kind of grower has never had a good widow!? kinda makes me feel bad, this year I´m gonna be starting my new grow, maybe I´ll give the rest of the seeds a shot!..... but first I gotta do this other little project I have in mind....... anyways, thank for your imput!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
There are over 100 posts searching under 'blueberry' in this thread- about 1 in 15. Lotta high expectations and disappointing results with blueberry, it seems. Any successful blueberries?

mdk ktm

Worst SEED BREEDER i ever grew out was KC Brains.. i bought like maybe 6 strains. out of the 6.. 5 have hermied bad.. out of reg seed packs.. 60 seedlings.. not a single keeper. all the males were runts.. or hermi back to females.. or all the females went hermi early flower.. or late flower.. really disapointing.. fucked up my 5th grow. with KC Brains..

Then.. dinafem is hit or miss.. got some good genetics from them.. and then next thing u know u grow them a few times from clones.. and they start to hermi? maybe thats the point of fem seeds.. they can sell more of them because after clonin them for awhile they pop nanners?

about 5 years ago I grew out a pack of TNR from KC. Ended up with 5 females,1 was a runt. But the other 4 ladies were EXACTLY the same, like complete carbon copies of each other... Not a single nanner showed up. And the buds were pretty damn good. The sativa buzz was a bit too racy though.

So thats my KC brains experience take what you want from it.

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
I grew out TNR about the same time, same experience too.
Not bad, just not the Thai influence I was looking for. Solid from my exp.

mdk ktm

I grew out TNR about the same time, same experience too.
Not bad, just not the Thai influence I was looking for. Solid from my exp.

yeah mine didn't grow like the typical sativa at all.. It had 4 side branches with big top colas and then a nice solid middle bud.. Real dense chunky buds.

Chillb

Worst for me was Kansas Railroad Bud ... smelly lime greenish sativa like plants chock full of seeds, 4-15 feet tall. O ... wait ... that was hemp from almost 20 years ago ... lol.

But seriously, I haven't had a dissapointing variety, I don't buy into hype. I expect some smoke, and I get it everytime I grow, no dissapointments that way.

J

Junkhead

Every once in a while I like to come back to this thread. Alot of sincere people in here. I read a lot about what people like, its good to hear what didn't work/what sucked sometimes. Also warning for potential duds.

Although there are some of people who only ran a couple seeds of a strain commenting as if they know it well. That kinda skews stuff

S

sirius haze

sensi seeds hindu kush, beautiful indica plant but the buds were hay, it makes me think pure indicas are better for hash making not for sinsemillia.

C

cyber echo

Blue Kush, Blue Moon Rocks, Sour Grape, all from BOG.
All grew beautiful resinous plants with top notch bud appeal, but all seriously lacked potency. Maybe 2-3 plants that have a hit but nothing to write home about at all. The vast majority of plants didn't get me or the people that sampled high, which is a shame considering how dank they all looked, totally frosty.

Strange tastes and nothing really appealing. Some strange musky sweet tastes that I myself did not enjoy but my main gripe remains with potency and overall quality.

The worst of the bunch was bluemoonrocks which packed a ton of resin and smoked like hemp. One sour grape had some nanners and I doubt its the room because I grew them with 4 different strains none of which had any.

A few hundred quid n a few lights wasted. Not amused and don't think I'll try anything else from him unfortunately. Quite disappointed after all the hype I've heard about BOG's seeds.

In short, not a single keeper from 3 packs.

For what its worth, it only took 1 pack of chemdog based genetics to give me atleast two plants light years ahead of anything I got from those 3 packs tbh. I also popped one pack of a popular cross of a kush and the white and got atleast 2 keepers. Just to compare.

TNJed

A friend gave my a Mango clone (not sure who it was from), and it was a massive yielder. Unfortunately that was the only thing it had going for it. Bland generic taste, boring buzz, smelled like nothing at all, no bag appeal, and it always hermied in a room with several other strains that never popped a single nanner. Ran it twice and tossed it.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
BEEN GROWING THE NL5 x haze for 15+ years with great success, one of the best strains ever created

this is one post which highlights the problems with breeders fan bases. they have a strain for 15 years and cant understand why the same present day offering has gone to shit. and if your gonna say you have been popping their same strain, multiple packs grow buy grow then id find that hard to believe as well.

A

AlterEgo860

have grown kcbrains back in the day.. and again recently.. genetics deff changed. !!! not as reliable stability wize for me atleast.. seemed like every female was completely different or showed hermi traits some early flower and some late. had a great experience with a ton of there shit .. back like fuckin 10 years ago . then 2-3 years ago I ran spotanica . kc33 .. and mango.. ended up with a lb of smokeables.. and about 4 lbs of shit that was seeded like swag.. don't get me rong.. the bud lookd fine.. but wen u broke it up.. and saw 15 seeds in a 3 gram bud.. it was annoying.. so tossed it in the hash bag.. and on a bored day.. went threw. took the seeds out.. and ran some bubble.. made some good hash.. but man was it a waste of time.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Although by default any G13 Labs freebies are the worst, it's not like anything but crap was expected.

Sensi's Hash Plant came at the most disappointing cost, but the possibility of high CBD genetics could have made it med-valuable at the time if I'd tested it.

A previous version of Sour Bubble was pretty overrated, the unlikable "sour" strong and penetrating. This resulted in extremely prejudicial herbicide not quite so quickly meted to Sour Bubble's exact opposite, Thai Hay-ze. This sour thing (also much too present in unimpressive Blush and Bogbubble) is an abomination.

All of several seeds grown of Sensi's excellent NL5xHaze with a Sour Bubble dad are nice, though. It's a robust, tall, stout, vertical SB - without sour, odor fruity like mom, but lighter. Clone material.

this is one post which highlights the problems with breeders fan bases. they have a strain for 15 years and cant understand why the same present day offering has gone to shit. and if your gonna say you have been popping their same strain, multiple packs grow buy grow then id find that hard to believe as well.

This strongly implies positive experiences are no longer allowed. But, people have been saying the present day offering has gone to shit for 15 years at least, for all Sensi strains. We shouldn't really need to buy 5 packs every few months over that time to give positive opinions. Positive opinions of Sensi's NL5xHaze don't make you a blind Sensi fan.

For me two stand out as utter failures.

******'s BlueberryxChem D - This one made the list only because I had such high hopes for this. It grew fine but the quality wasnt there. I have like 6 more beans so who knows, my opinion may change and I may be expecting too much.

Seedsman Skunk #1 - It either didnt germinate or went crazy hermi and was culled.

DNA Chocolope - all the females I got herm'd like clockwork week 6 of flower.

To me, there is no bigger dissapointment than growing something for 3-4 months only to have it go hermi.

SV

Latest posts

Latest posts