What's new

Wow...hydro hut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryj315

Sundance said:
Mary - with all due respect ... but if you think Hydro Hut should have to take bullshit, lying, wrong and misleading statements like this .. without answering and setting the record straight ... your out of your mind

This kinda crap is wrong on so many levels .. and the only one who should apologize for making wrong and misleading statements like this, is the person who wrote them ... its clear he doesnt know which way is up .. and is very wrong to speak for anyone other than himself

Go back and read my posts on page 1 of this thread and see why .. read slowly

If you have a toxic white plastic tent from Hydro Hut and a legitimate claim ... then write Hydro Hut at hydrohuts@gmail.com ... tell them your story ... and I am sure they will sort you out .... you can also visit their website at www.hydrohuts.com

And by arguing their point right or wrong you just pick up more people to argue with like now the longer they argue the more people they make choose sides with out even looking at the new product they need to sell their new tents not fight battles over their defective old ones

If they just turn the other cheek and apologize in all public forums then Mr.B and myself NOW as of today will have no one to argue with except people using their nice new Huts that are extremely happy with their product and post pics that prove that they have a good product

Their fault or not the buck stops with them not Mr.Bongjangels he is pissed and has every right to be the ball is in their court it does not matter who's fault they will ethier argue the past or apologize and sell more tents

And i guarantee if this were a forum growing tulips IndoorMojo would have not made that post

Mj

Sundance

maryj315 said:
And by arguing their point right or wrong you just pick up more people to argue with like now the longer they argue the more people they make choose sides with out even looking at the new product they need to sell their new tents not fight battles over their defective old ones

If they just turn the other cheek and apologize in all public forums then Mr.B and myself NOW as of today will have no one to argue with except people using their nice new Huts that are extremely happy with their product and post pics that prove that they have a good product

Their fault or not the buck stops with them not Mr.Bongjangels he is pissed and has every right to be the ball is in their court it does not matter who's fault they will ethier argue the past or apologize and sell more tents

And i guarantee if this were a forum growing tulips IndoorMojo would have not made that post

Mj

This is NOT about arguing

Its about truth .. right ... correct .. fact .. setting the record straight

Its quite clear - pissed or not .. Bo is very, very wrong on many levels ... and worse .. his statements are wrong .. its clear he does not know which way is up .. and is very wrong to speak for anyone but himself - especially when he does not know what he is talking about

Read my posts on page 1 of this thread

Do you think that because your pissed .. that its ok to lie ? mislead ? ... attempt to bury someone ? ... and that if you do all that - then the other person should apologize ?

That is what your saying

Great product always sells itself ... but there are always assholes out there .. and you cant always please everyone

JazzJazz

No Ill will towards H.H. BUT!!!!!!!!

No Ill will towards H.H. BUT!!!!!!!!

I happen to have had one of the early defective huts, and only found out about what was going on, was from this site last year. Here's my story quick and sweet.HH had me do everything under the sun to my hut with my time and money.....lost my prized bubblegum strain because of the death hut....HH told me to go to my supplier and try to get my money back as it's not there problem
( i don't know how to grow was the implication...lmao...but i can atleast understand that theory ). Thank god my supplier is a good dude as i directed him to this site with the posts going around from last year and HE TRUSTED ME and the fact that the hut was defective and gave me a Sunhut for exchange.
He is the one who ate the cost and had to throw it out because HH told him the same thing...TOO BAD dude your BEAT...nice customer relations.. Now my Sunhut also has the white lining but it works great and i'm very happy with it.
This is my story and as I hold no i'll will towards HH at all, I will never ever buy there product because of the way they treated me as customer, not the product they sell as they've always have had a good reputation. I wish it had worked out but it didn't. These facts and the reality of what kind of consequences can happen when customers who are spending good money get treated.NO ONE will ever change my mind on this subject as some posters try to do for some reason. End of story..Thanks for reading.

Jazz

maryj315

Sundance said:

Its quite clear - pissed or not .. Bo is very, very wrong on many levels ... and worse .. his statements are wrong .. its clear he does not know which way is up .. and is very wrong to speak for anyone but himself - especially when he does not know what he is talking about

Do you think that because your pissed .. that its ok to lie ? mislead ? ... attempt to bury someone ? ... and that if you do all that - then the other person should apologize ?

That is what your saying

Great product always sells itself ... but there are always assholes out there .. and you cant always please everyone

No Sundance i think you have every right as a satisfied customer of H.H. to proclaim your point to any and every one including Mr B i just do not think it is in H.H. best interest for any representatives of H.H. to do so

Also you should read those old threads H.H. had some body else or it could be the same person being just as confrontational as he is now

Show your grow in your hut that is what will put this issue to rest proof is in the product if i were going to buy another tent it would be a H.H. i think your assessment of their product is the same as mine

That said you need to remember Mr B went out just like us and purchased their product he lost his money and had to spend more to replace the product and then had to come in here and argue with their representative
who was being very colorful in his language toward the whole community

You did not create the problem yourself Sundance so i have no ill regards toward you or your opinion and look forward in seeing your H.H. in action they are sweet looking

Mj

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sundance said:

Blah blah blah - you type much but say little..

Basically just "I still disagree with Mr. Bongjangles."

Lets look at some things you said on the first page though, since you asked..

Sundance said:
How about a free trip to Tahiti too ?

That's right.. You're the guy who equates getting a refund for a toxic tent to getting a free trip to Tahiti...

Just when *DO* you think a refund is in order?

Anyways, lets look at something else you said about the refund issue on the first page..

Sundance said:
Additionally, HH did not take money directly .. retailers did, probably after buying from a wholesaler ... individuals were free to request refunds, or store credits from their retailers and many got them .. and HH did offer to take product back from wholesalers and retailers thru wholesalers too - HH took the hit ... heck all kinds of shit was going on ... and HH did their part

When you say that "individuals were free to request refunds or store credits from their retailers and many got them," what I see is that you know that some did not get them, and that you know Hydrohut would not give refunds directly to anyone whose retailer wouldn't take the tent back.

Furthermore, most retailers wouldn't take the tents back until after Hydrohut did a recall, which was late in the game, after the vast majority of people with bad Hydrohuts had already been screwed and forced to move on with other options.

That is why people like myself got Jardin tents a year ago, and people like yourself waited a year or more with nothing to show for your money and just now got a replacement tent which is a hillarious Secret Jardin Darkroom knockoff anyways.

Keep disagreeing with me man, its a joke.. You've got nothing to take down the things I've said, and it is you who has said things you cannot document, and you who has let your bizzare pro-hydrohut-no-matter-what attitude cloud your judgement about the facts.

Sundance said:
I think Hydro Hut handled it as best they could .. far better than all the others brands .. including Homobox ... who never admitted their problems ...

I'm still waiting on proof that Homebox ever had off-gassing issues since you said that along with the other guy. I can show you threads all over the internet about Hydrohut, Sunhut, Habitat, and off-brand tents, but not ONE Homebox showing "Hydrohut Syndrome."

Sundance

Mr. Bongjangles said:
Blah blah blah - you type much but say little..

Basically just "I still disagree with Mr. Bongjangles."

Lets look at some things you said on the first page though, since you asked..

That's right.. You're the guy who equates getting a refund for a toxic tent to getting a free trip to Tahiti...

Just when *DO* you think a refund is in order?

Anyways, lets look at something else you said about the refund issue on the first page..

When you say that "individuals were free to request refunds or store credits from their retailers and many got them," what I see is that you know that some did not get them, and that you know Hydrohut would not give refunds directly to anyone whose retailer wouldn't take the tent back.

Furthermore, most retailers wouldn't take the tents back until after Hydrohut did a recall, which was late in the game, after the vast majority of people with bad Hydrohuts had already been screwed and forced to move on with other options.

That is why people like myself got Jardin tents a year ago, and people like yourself waited a year or more with nothing to show for your money and just now got a replacement tent which is a hillarious Secret Jardin Darkroom knockoff anyways.

Keep disagreeing with me man, its a joke.. You've got nothing to take down the things I've said, and it is you who has said things you cannot document, and you who has let your bizzare pro-hydrohut-no-matter-what attitude cloud your judgement about the facts.

I'm still waiting on proof that Homebox ever had off-gassing issues since you said that along with the other guy. I can show you threads all over the internet about Hydrohut, Sunhut, Habitat, and off-brand tents, but not ONE Homebox showing "Hydrohut Syndrome."

My God ... your like a little girl that wont stop crying

Worry about .. and speak for yourself ... not anyone else

Hydro Hut had a problem with a defective product ... not the first company to have a problem ... not the last ... they could have busted the company - fucked everyone .. walked away ... and didnt ... they acknowledged their problem .... went about tying to fix it .. at their own expense .. didnt work .. removed product from shelves ... they went back to the drawing board and made a better product .. now they are replacing tents for free ... what more do you want ? .. could anyone want ?

JazzJazz got a refund .. and so did many others ... they went back to the place they bought the product .. retailer took it back .. retailer went to wholesaler for a refund ... and then wholesaler went to manufacturer - Hydro Hut - who refund who gave money back too .. thats the way it works .. and thats how you unwind it ... what' s your problem with the process?

All kinds of shit happened - Hydro Hut can only control what they do .. they dont control retailers, or unscrupoulous people from continuining to sell a toxic and/or defective product and/or give a refund or store credit or not

How can you speak for " most " retailers ?

Why do you claim to speak for most individuals ? .. including me ?

Unlike you Bo ... I dont talk for everyone .. and I especially dont want you to speak for me ! ... so STFU .. you have zero idea why I held my tent

The joke is on you Bo ... people are intelligent ... and can read

Quite clear from reading your posts what people like you and dirk are all about

Hydro Hut is back with a GREAT product

Last edited:

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
It really kind of stuns me that people lack the simple skills needed to just make their own tents/grow boxes, for a fraction of the price. Screw all these companies. What kind of adults are you if you can't even built a simple box? If you can figure out growing weed you can build a stupid box. Disabled growers excepted of course.

vindiesel

Veteran
magiccannabus said:
It really kind of stuns me that people lack the simple skills needed to just make their own tents/grow boxes, for a fraction of the price. Screw all these companies. What kind of adults are you if you can't even built a simple box? If you can figure out growing weed you can build a stupid box. Disabled growers excepted of course.

wtf kinda adults are we goddamit...?!!! :muahaha: :rant: :rasta:

paulobaca

Retraded Noob grower checking in. I admit that I am an incapable simpleton.
Would rather spend the $240 than run around home depot looking for this and that and getting runned over by those cargo weapons.

From my first grow ever. One OG SFV in a pot of rockwool hand watered in a 3x3.

Last edited:
Ok so after reading through these 3 pages im still a bit confused,

so exactly which tents suck ass and which tents rule? :nono:

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
midwestganja said:
Ok so after reading through these 3 pages im still a bit confused,

so exactly which tents suck ass and which tents rule? :nono:

Most of the white plastic tents suck..

Homebox and the off-brand tents from HTG Supply are the only white plastic ones I've not heard of a problem from. Less reports on the HTG tent in general though, so I am less certain about that one..

Hydrohut, Habitat, and other white plastic tents are to be avoided.

I'd avoid the Sun Hut tents too as they have changed to a silver interior but were still using the white plastic for the floor.. Dunno if they have fixed that yet, but it was still causing reports of trouble.

Great tents, imo, would be Secret Jardin, Homebox, and likely the new Homebox Silver. I have 2 of the Jardin tents myself, very satisfied customer. Everyone with a Homebox seems to feel the same way, so I'd call it a toss up between them. Even the new Hydrohut's look pretty good despite their past problems, but I have not seen any reports on them from anyone I consider impartial yet. Same for the Homebox Silver, no reports on them yet at all that I've seen.

Go Jardin or Homebox and you'll be on your way problem free.. Prolly the others I mentioned too, just don't have enough data to say for sure.

cannabislocator

Mr. Bongjangles said:
Return that Hydrohut and get a Secret Jardin tent.. They are better than Hydrohut tents, and I've used multiple models of both. Oh yeah they have not had any problems with poison off-gassing at all. Homebox tents have been problem free as well though i've never used one.

Sundance, the way you describe things, you would think Hydrohut had handled this issue properly.. Sorry, but imo you're 100% wrong, and reading your post, sounds to me like you work for them or something along those lines. Same feeling looking over your past posts on the matter.. You have been blindly defending them for over a year now.. Its very obvious your opinion is not objective. Woo, the royal blue trim is sooooo nice. hahaha.

Oh they added ducting socks? Sounds like they are just copying the Jardin tent and Homebox anyways.

So here's some truth about the matter:

Hydrohut left their poisonous tents on the market for an entire year while this went on and I know personally that they were fully aware of the problem from the beginning. They did not know what the problem was at first, but they knew their new tents were causing massive problems, and they DID NOT stop selling them. They also refused to give anyone a refund. They sent people new poles instead thinking that was the problem... Then told people to try wiping down the inside of the tent with rubbing alcohol (while heating the tent to 100 degrees or so.)

Seriously, they did everything they could to avoid people getting a refund.

What happened when they finally did a recall? They made everyone send back their covers, wait however long, then they shipped the covers back with NOTHING fixed. Fucked everyone all over again!

They claimed they hired bad temp workers who did not apply their magical fix. You would think after screwing people out of months of time and untold effort that they would have monitored these temp workers or something. In the end it is obvious there is no fixing the covers, so who knows what the whole recall thing was about..

Homebox and Secret Jardin tents NEVER had these problems. There is just no reason whatsoever for anyone to do business with Hydrohut when the facts are on the table and there are superior options available.

come on man dont rec that light weight pos. it is the cheapest tent made and you know it.
the thing is not even light tight.
at least rec a real HUT to the man

homebox, Even the new Hydrohut silver blow the not so Dark room out of the water.
rule of thumb Stay away from white plastic inside silverized huts and your good to go as a general rule but the darkroom is not worth a crap on my opinion
the corners do not lock they are plastic and the poles are aluminum and the thing is not even close to light tight.

teh only Reason Darkroom even exists is the things hit at the right time when tons of companies were getting smacked over off gassing.

Mr.Dissent

"not so Dark room"

Cannabislocator,

I have heard this about the "street" models, but not the reg DR's. Can you specify the model you are refering to please?

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
I really agree that Sundance must work for HydroHut. I don't even use the damn things and thus don't really care that much, but all the dude ever posts about is how Hydrohut has never done anything wrong, despite the overwhelming and clear evidence that Hydrohut has done damn near everything wrong. I'm mainly posting this because I think it's despicable that they'd troll the boards trying to pose as average people just to save themselves from a problem of their own doing.

Sundance

magiccannabus said:
I really agree that Sundance must work for HydroHut. I don't even use the damn things and thus don't really care that much, but all the dude ever posts about is how Hydrohut has never done anything wrong, despite the overwhelming and clear evidence that Hydrohut has done damn near everything wrong. I'm mainly posting this because I think it's despicable that they'd troll the boards trying to pose as average people just to save themselves from a problem of their own doing.

Well your the expert

But - No .. I dont work for Hydro Hut

Jeez - this post is a joke

Even funnier - DG, Gypsy and many, many others have know me for years

What is pathetic, and despicable is your post - you couldnt be more wrong on all accounts

Hydro Hut had defective product .. not done intentionally .. not the first company to have a problem ... not the last .. could have busted the company .. fucked everyone and walked away ... no one ever seen or dealt with this problem before .. did their best to fix .. at their cost .. no fix .. recalled product .. didnt sell anything for over a year while new product was redesigned, made and shipped ... now replacing tents for free at their costs .. and have been gentleman about it all along

I bought 2 tents just as this problem happened .. got caught up in it ... didnt freak .. talked it up .. listened .. and learned .. and kept on reading and learning

Got 2 replacement tents for free ... I am very happy .. my plants are doing great

Happy to support products and companies I like

I own the product .. and speak about my own personal experience

Why attack someone for that ???????????????

I also dont mind correcting people when they are not telling the truth, the full story or worse .. and in this case have been attacked for it

I am only mixing it up because I feel like it .. its been quite amusing

However, I see why so many have left IC - because the kiddies have invaded

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cannabislocator said:
come on man dont rec that light weight pos. it is the cheapest tent made and you know it.
the thing is not even light tight.
at least rec a real HUT to the man

Like the other poster replied, the less expensive "street edition" tents are the ones that are not light tight.

Here's a quote about the Jardin tents that I think sums it up.. From someone I consider impartial when it comes to the various tents:

neuroherb said:
I'd agree on the Secret Jardin one of the three I bought was passed on and they also had a Secret Jardin small tent. That was heart breaking for them to see the ones they vegged lovely in the small tent to get killed of in the toxic plastic one. The Secret Jardin doesn't feel plastic at all and while its a thinner nylon it is actually more light proof in there opinion.

I'm actually not sure how the darkroom material is *more* light proof than something else that is lightproof, but whatever, point is the darkroom material does not let any light through.

They now go by the name DarkStreet to avoid confusion with the superior DarkRoom, prolly cause of people like yourself who can't get the details straight and bash the product unfairly.

I actually think the Darkroom is the best tent overall, despite your vulgar and assumptive post.. The ceiling support bars are way better than Homebox, (EDIT: no longer true, Homebox has beefed up their ceiling bars) and otherwise I think they are similar, so for me, the Darkroom is the best, with Homebox a close second. The Homebox Silver has caught up it would seem, but I cannot recommend it until I see plenty of satisfied customers like there are with regular Homebox and Darkroom tents.

Prolly the new Hydrohut as well, I mean it looks hilariously similar to a Darkroom tent, but I think my feelings on that company are clear so I wouldn't recommend them in the first place.

You're stressed about the corners? Same way Homebox does it, and unlike Homebox, Jardin doesn't have to sell replacements cause they were initially made with weak plastic.

Here's my light and can33 filter hanging in the dr120.. You wanna keep acting like the corners are weak?

magiccannabus said:

Yeah I think it is despicable as well. Thanks for calling it out, we need this site to be as shill-free as possible.

Last edited:

Sundance

Mr. Bongjangles said:
Like the other poster replied, the less expensive "street edition" tents are the ones that are not light tight.

Here's a quote about the Jardin tents that I think sums it up.. From someone I consider impartial when it comes to the various tents:

I'm actually not sure how the darkroom material is *more* light proof than something else that is lightproof, but whatever, point is the darkroom material does not let any light through.

They now go by the name DarkStreet to avoid confusion with the superior DarkRoom, prolly cause of people like yourself who can't get the details straight and bash the product unfairly.

I actually think the Darkroom is the best tent overall, despite your vulgar and assumptive post.. The ceiling support bars are way better than Homebox, and otherwise I think they are similar, so for me, the Darkroom is the best, with Homebox a close second. The Homebox Silver has caught up it would seem, but I cannot recommend it until I see plenty of satisfied customers like there are with regular Homebox and Darkroom tents.

Prolly the new Hydrohut as well, I mean it looks hilariously similar to a Darkroom tent, but I think my feelings on that company are clear so I wouldn't recommend them in the first place.

Yeah I think it is despicable as well. Thanks for calling it out, we need this site to be as shill-free as possible.

You are an uncontrollable asshole Bo ... Cant control yourself or STFU

Quite clear from your post once again, what an asshole you really are

You would rather recommend inferior product to people than recommend Hydro Huts product because you had a bad experience, freaked like the little girl you are, your feelings were hurt, and you cant stop crying

People interested in tents should have a good look at all products available .. and then pick the product that you think is best and like most

Dont listen to a fool like Bo who would rather recommend shit, and not tell the truth rather than have you look carefully at all your options and what is available - even if there is superior product out there - all because his little feelings were hurt and he had a bad experience with defective product long, long ago

Hydro Huts new silver lined tents kick ass

Additionally, Hydro Hut recently had an ad in Grower Edge Magazine describing a new, line if tents coming out that are Thermal Insulated and IR Blocked called " Insulator Stealth " that should be available in the next 4-6 months

I think this is a great idea .. and should also be a great product

Pick up a copy of the Nov/Dec issue of Growing Edge Magazine and see for yourself

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts