What's new

Why do You Smoke Weed?

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Hey all,

Long time toker here, ain't been around much but I got to thinking recently about why I smoke.

Much of it is habit at this point, but it is particularly nice when it helps calm things down or as a way of breaking bread.

It's also good when I just want to sit and think.

But these specifics aside, I think I may want to tone down the habitual bit. If I'm being honest, the habitual muscle-memory packing and smoking a bong is quite a remarkable form of procrastination. In light of that, I've gone down this rabbit hole of the why(s) of toking.

Ca++

lol@Procastination. I wish their was a shortcut.

I have basically stopped smoking with other people. I get my day done. My jobs, my chores, my social needs (which are few) before I even think about it. Even any serious late night cannabis research comes before consumption. After which, I just want to listen to music, which the smoke really enhances. Giving a presence, a theater, where everything sounds real and in it's place before me. Helped a lot by video's of performances. I may watch some series, or post here. Read some papers. Perhaps trawl Alibaba. That's about it though.
I'm no longer a social smoker, or all day smoker. Or I too find myself procrastinating about getting nothing done.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Add/Adhd, autism and a looong list of health reasons. Without cannabis, the people around me complain about my increased lack of functionality. I may still have problems, but they are significantly reduced through the use of cannabis.

Hell, every time I've quit using cannabis for 2 months I've started having seizures and strokes and that's no fun at all. That's 3 sessions of mild strokes, walking seizures and momentary paralysis over the last 20+ years. Not going 'there' again if I can help it.

Cheers! :D

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
Hey all,

Long time toker here, ain't been around much but I got to thinking recently about why I smoke.

Much of it is habit at this point, but it is particularly nice when it helps calm things down or as a way of breaking bread.

It's also good when I just want to sit and think.

But these specifics aside, I think I may want to tone down the habitual bit. If I'm being honest, the habitual muscle-memory packing and smoking a bong is quite a remarkable form of procrastination. In light of that, I've gone down this rabbit hole of the why(s) of toking.
First time I smoked weed I was 7. Just made me tired ASF I didn't enjoy it. Then I smoked again when I was 10 and everything was hilarious. By 11 I was doing bonghits and having a good time.