What's new

Whos got the best Afghan?

befa

{Balouchistan x Maruf ( green selection )}x Balkh F4
About + 30 days since turning
Here no care of size, just surmounted on the 4th floor.

SDC15103.JPG

SDC15101.JPG
SDC15104.JPG
SDC15105.JPG

Desert Dan

Veteran
If you ever OP the MLI let me know. I finally tried to order a pack but it never made it to the tude. Happy New Years!
Unfortunately or not I mixed them with Afghani #1 to consolidate years ago… So it would be a mix of afghans which might actually be more interesting.

-DD

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I popped one seed from Mendocino 20/20 called Humboldt Afghani. I was only able to veg the plant out and take some cuttings, yet was not able to flower it.

In veg the stem rub was very lime, sweet lime to be more precise.

I gave a clone to a friend who planted it in his outside garden last year. Smallest plant by far. Slow vegger to be sure. Also what they say about her stacking nodes is correct, very minimal node spacing.

She flowered out fine in full sun, organic bed and finished well without mold or any other issues. This phenotype was of the green variety.

I was left a bag of this cultivar hanging on a tree limb in the middle of the night on a country road lol. I burned one on the way home from retrieving said package and was baked baked.

It isn't the best Affie in the world, but it's damn good and inspired me to order a few packs to see what else lies in the Levi's, ya dig? Lol

Lime, funk, touch of incense, and indica flavors. Pretty classic as far as structure. Nice yield. Finished mid October. Will put you to bed after a few bong hits. Very nice strain to quiet down the day's sativas.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone wanted a good Affie cheap. After all, I only popped one seed and was impressed enough to quickly purchase more..

I have bud pics here somewhere....brb

befa

I will soon test {Baluchistan x Maruf (green selection)}x Uzbekistan F15
The Uzbek male used had a slender structure with huge clusters of pink flowers.

acespicoli

1704937762712.png

🔸The NineTails Story. 100% indica. This girl has a profound story and mysterious gene pool. Acquiring these genetics back from the underground, from soldiers, to natives, to strain seekers to bud tenders in Oregon, these beans have passed through many hands and generations being open pollenated. NineTails has said to have been kept "underground", on mid-western Native American Cherokee Lands. It is a strong and dense very short compact indica strain. Most likely brought to the states in the 1980's during the cold war by U.S. troops in the Hindu Kush mountain area. Going "underground" and into hiding for years in the states on reservation in the midwest usa. The less skunky scent and short stature make for a perfect gorilla grow for that time period of prohibition in the states. NineTails gets its name not from it's taste but from it's unique mutation. She's a mutant!! After it's initial cotyledons she puts out 9 finger leaves every node till you set her to bud then she decreases leave finger number. This isnt always the case but she lovea 9 fingers. She wants to bud early and quickly!! Flowering time ranges from 6-8 weeks with a dense single cola stance with garlic and licorice underdones. A dense, spongy, white frosted, some with purple highlights ,very pleasant but light scented indica. It's flavor profile has an earthy Garlic inhale, licorice holding and fruit exhale. Some phenotypes showing green and some wih purple colors. A bushy wide leaf Plant.

need4weed

Veteran
I just picked up a regular pack of GG#1 aka ghani af from the great house of gardener, don't know a lot about it but seems it was found in early sensi stock ? These guys use it as a base to a lot of their famous hybrids. Its mostly sold out globally so people are growing it. Has anyone here grown it ?

acespicoli

Northern Lights #1 (The Seed Bank of Holland)
View attachment 18953547
Would you describe the smell as sweet afghani or acrid ? Maybe something else :thinking:

Not sure about this one yet ... FOJ
1706748094468.png

The Baghlan Hashplant comes from a very remote village in the mountains of the Hindu Kush, where the best hash has been made by the residents for many generations. This true landrace is a real, proper hash plant with a dark appearance. The smell is intense and absolutely fantastic, for all old school lovers this landrace is the absolute 'real deal'! Most plants will turn red and many will even turn downright black when matured. Baghlan Hashplant is very easy to grow, it is fast, hardly needs any fertilizer and always produces fantastic results even in nutrient-poor soil. A perfect strain for both outdoor and indoor gardeners, she also grows really well on a terrasse or in greenhouses. Of course, Baghlan Hashplant is highly recommended for extraction lovers...
1706748320794.png

1706748575064.png

1706748738416.png

Photos from:Hoss

Last edited:

Nannymouse

Would you describe the smell as sweet afghani or acrid ? Maybe something else :thinking:

Not sure about this one yet ... FOJ
View attachment 18953562

The Baghlan Hashplant comes from a very remote village in the mountains of the Hindu Kush, where the best hash has been made by the residents for many generations. This true landrace is a real, proper hash plant with a dark appearance. The smell is intense and absolutely fantastic, for all old school lovers this landrace is the absolute 'real deal'! Most plants will turn red and many will even turn downright black when matured. Baghlan Hashplant is very easy to grow, it is fast, hardly needs any fertilizer and always produces fantastic results even in nutrient-poor soil. A perfect strain for both outdoor and indoor gardeners, she also grows really well on a terrasse or in greenhouses. Of course, Baghlan Hashplant is highly recommended for extraction lovers...
View attachment 18953563

View attachment 18953565

View attachment 18953567
Photos from:Hoss
Very interested in this one, so be sure to keep us updated. Did you get these as freebies? There's really little info on 'days to harvest' or flavors, etc.

acespicoli

Very interested in this one, so be sure to keep us updated. Did you get these as freebies? There's really little info on 'days to harvest' or flavors, etc.
Freebies yes,
not in the regular catalog, although it looks as if there may be more available at cannapot currently
I was a little surprised to see that these were not listed on their website... 🤷‍♂️
Maybe there will be more or it was a limited release not sure atm have to ask khalifa

You never know where or when those gems will turn up
if these are note worthy will follow up although from a limited selection
...so some patience maybe to be thorough

Last edited:

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Pre Soviet Afghan ftw.

Wish I still had some seed but nope... only crossed to Tahoe OG Kush. Some were sent in & they disappeared quick like! Hope whoever got 'em likes the final reslts.
Big throwback to the old days quoting this, but im a nostalgic person.

That Affy x OGK got me in trouble back in 2013...and it was only in veg, maybe a foot tall or less.
I had a couple of packs, labeled Affy x OGK 'thin leaf' and Affy x OGK 'fatleaf'
Lost em in the fire 2021
But, I looked through my seedlist and turns out i have one seed left. Likely wont pop but holy shit if it does.

acespicoli

Big throwback to the old days quoting this, but im a nostalgic person.

That Affy x OGK got me in trouble back in 2013...and it was only in veg, maybe a foot tall or less.
I had a couple of packs, labeled Affy x OGK 'thin leaf' and Affy x OGK 'fatleaf'
Lost em in the fire 2021
But, I looked through my seedlist and turns out i have one seed left. Likely wont pop but holy shit if it does.
100% heat sterilized vermiculite, Pre crack soak 24 hours submerged in distilled water, total humidity for three days 80F cover dome on top vented, check back daily remove dome on emergence, no life send in the surgeon, carefully remove it from its placenta and 1/4 strength nutes... pray to the ganja gods, mist tops like morning dew giving a massage :huggg: 3-4 weeks and as long as they dont die from drought semi rotted embryos recover...
If after 3 days during surgery they are all mush its too late. Still born, MS salts presoak?
Anyone else have old seed rescue teks?

Best >>> luck my friend

In the tetrazolium test, a colorless solution of tetrazolium chloride is imbibed by the seed. Living tissues then stain red while dead tissues retain their natural color. Properly stained seeds are considered viable while improperly stained or unstained are generally considered non-viable seeds

Sterile cell culture...

Last edited:

acespicoli

1708017531575.png

Summary
The fast flowering expression comes with below average bract yields however copious amounts of very sticky resin, that closely resembles the Highland Hash plant like resin quality in texture, smaller trichomes but abundant and very sticky. The smell is quite intense like short flowering Broadleaf plants and gives off a clear smell of Raw-Mango/ Spices like pepper. The smoke induces a very balanced and generally associated with long flowering narrow leaf variety kind of uplifting High, which stays over for an amazingly long duration. The Onset of High is almost immediate and then it gradually shapes up. This plant from morphology to effects reminds a lot about Himalayan Hash plant varieties from a hollow stalk to raw mango and pepper like flavour. From what's commonly learnt about the regions near punjab, That Wilder types cross pollinate the imported farmed varieties often in places like Swabi (KPK), but unlike many other parts in India, the farmers here understand the importance of maintaining the desirable heirloom expression to save it from degradation overtime. The remaining females were excluded because of considerably longer flowering term
This drop is dated past its viability id imagine...
thin line between afghanand pakistan maybe its close to the line ?
Thats a border constantly in dispute right ?
1708017195982.png

Hopefully its cool to post it here
1708017266804.png

Maybe its closer to india :thinking:

Was anyone able to work with these in reg etc ... ?
and hopefully do a reproduction, saw some outcrosses by MMS

this may be a little too sativa for here ?
1708017811698.png

Attachments

• 1708016846715.png
    1708016846715.png
    757.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Strainsammler

Maybe a good question here..

Which Strain had the biggest Indica leaves you have ever seen?

Im not a huge fan of Sativas, but for nearly 20 years i love the Indicas.

In the past nearly 2010-2013 i've seen a lot of good Maple leaf Indica (sensi) phenotypes that are incredible huge leaves but in the last years they are all dead in the genetics. The new batches they sold since years are really close to the high mountain India ones.. really small long sativa like leaves.

I dont mean which is the best, strongest Indica.. i mean really only whats the biggest Indica leaves.

Please help me to find my big love..