What's new

White Skunk - Rubbermaid CFL Grow

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Thanks kish, but there's always a chance to get my delivery stuck in the customs, because it is from outside the europe.

edit: I was thinking about buying a envirolite 250w. Is it better to use a lot of small CFL or just use a big one?
Thanks

I highly recommend splitting the lighting up into as many points as possible. 23-27W coiled types seem to be the most lumen/watt efficient for the self-ballasted coil types.

I use 4 of these.....

http://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=667

kish

After 11 days or so...

She'd make a great mother..

Here is the same clone about four days later... :headbange

I probably could have transplanted all of them a couple of days ago.
..but they seem to be enjoying their new environment regardless
I ended up transplanting six of nine clones that I cut on 1/10.
Still waiting for more roots on the other three..
Xplanted into a rich mix of FFOF and Perlite.

kish

I can't wait for you all to see the two week update on these ladies..

They are BUSTING out of the box...looking healthy as can be. And stacking buds already.

I'm having to get creative with the lst. But managing just fine. Stay tuned..

PunkHazard

you should try to train them around a screen. that should keep the heights down for at least a while while they are still filling out... topping encourages stretching of bottom branches this early in strech. you would yeild a lot of large nugs instead of a few large and a lot of popcorns.

btw this is pretty inspiring, i love these kinda grows. when the gf and i move in together i think i'm either gonna have like 5 of these going at once all at different stages and just harvest 3 or 4 scrogged plants every 3 weeks or so. but im more on a commercial mindset. well- good luck buddy looks good from here :)

kish

Thanks for the advice PunkHazard.
I can't see myself topping any more this late in the game though.
A week ago, maybe yes.
Luckily, only one pheno really likes to stretch a lot compared to the rest. So im able to control just her.

I think these boxes do just fine for the hobbyist/closet breeder.
I'm probably gonna add another one in the near future.

Also, I think I will add a couple of 24" floros for supplemental side lighting in the bottom part of the box.
With that addition i'd be running about 208 watts total. Which would be perfect for me.

kish

2 Weeks Flowering

2 Weeks Flowering

Here are a couple of quick pics i took after watering today.
**sorry for the quality..i was in a hurry**

Last edited:

romdog11

hey kish those are looking good man. keep up the good work. check out some hydor shops in your area and maybe they might hook you up with for ff free samples. peace man

LifeLess

Veteran
Great job kish. I see you found the black rubbermaid. If you can get ahold of a small desk fan id add that under the canopy facing up. Youll get some circulation going and them tops will perk up nice. Ill deff be watching this one. You make any changes that work better let us know. Awesome work. Peace LL

tejashidrow

Hey Kish...
I have some white label White Skunk vegging from seed ... My third cab.. (yeah.. i have 3 cabs going..) is a experimental mini V-Scrog w/4-42 watt cfls, in a DORM refridge.
Do you think the White skunk is a good canadate for scrogging??? thanks... pax...

kish

LifeLess, thanks for stopping by. Glad you could make it!!!
I think the extra fan would definitely be a great ammendment.
Especially with all those girls pact in there like that!
Unfortunately, i can only find black tubs once a year, around halloween..
I had to shell out the dough to paint these black...with krylon fusion plastic spray (ultra flat)

tejashidrow, I have no experience with scrog's, but i'd imagine if you topped a few times then this would be a perfect strain for it.
One of my girls is extremely branchy (pheno#1) and stays short...probably a good candidate.
Another pheno (#2) gets tall and stretchy and would be contained well with a scrog too.
So, i'd say give it a shot...make sure to come back and let us know when u have it going!

Chomp

Hey kish looking good mate,

How close to the top of the bottom container are the tops of your pots? Just curious because I found these square dutch pots that are kind of tall (about 3" from the top of the first tub) for flowering. They are square and 6 of them completely fill the bottom tub for max root space. I might have leave a little out of them though for height issues...

kish

have no idea on weight.
im running two more plants in the box than i did last time.
and i feel like right now i have one too many in there...its a tight squeeze.
six would be perfect.

I just got some proper scales a couple of weeks ago.
So i'll definitely get a dry weight this go around.
As far as my expectations..I'd be happy with a couple of ounces...but we'll see

Last edited: