What's new

What strains for breeding a german genetic?

As much as I am stoked about your idea, I have to come down with some realistic stuff. I havent read all the posts, coz I just found your thread and I am about to be off to bed. But with the shitty legislation they invented here, there is not much possibility of landrace breeding. For real landraces you would need high numbers of plants, open pollination and you should begin with high diversity. I would recommend population breeding and a few years of positive and negative selection. Aim for > 10 years. I know, this sounds cruel, but thats how it could and should be going. All in all it's doable, but not with the 3 plant limit. But you could start selection for promising parents and if not IBL already, do Bx or Selfing indoors and evaluate in season outdoors.

I am a huge fan of IBL, heirloom and landraces and I would love to start some > 100 plant operations, but that might take a few more years. Another factor would be the problem with open pollination. As much as I like hemp, that could wreck a whole operation through cross pollination.

What we could do, and I know, that's highly illegal ;D, is do some kind of group project. I guess earliest starting next year, but a little bit of pre-selection and trying out some strains this year. I am gonna grow an ACE R+D Purple Malawi + ErdPurt (3 Plants regular) + some semi autoflowering hash plant and afghan. We could update each other on promising strains and do some test crosses indoor in winter. I hope I will have some promising males.

So far from me. Greetings from the Hauptstadt.

ossi_grower

Following here because I have the same thing in mind as OP! I'm from the mid-eastern german hill-lands with a sub-continental climate :)

My plan was also to inbreed, stabilise and select an indica landrace or heirloom line for early flowering and finish, balanced thc:cbd content, strong trichome production (I want to go for some kind of hashplant) and of course hardiness and resistance against pests, mould, heat and frost in the first step.

As a starting point for this I found many interesting strains on kwikseeds / rsc. Some of the ideas that came to my mind upon further study of the topic and comparison were for example their Balkhi, Iranian, Mazar-i-sharif, Tirah or Yasin Valley strains. But of course I am open for any other recommendations beside these strains, also from other breeders! I'd prefer a not UK-based seller, as I'm not completely familiar with how customs handle packages from there to the EU, so I'd be grateful for any hints, if someone from the forum ordered from them to a EU-country. :angelshug: Maybe even someone on the forum themself had a middle eastern indica genetic line at home he or she was willing to share?

The second step I planned is crossing it with some well-selected ruderalis genetics (once again I got inspiration from kwikseeds, this time their 1st to 3rd gen. Siberian Ruderalis) or some very early flowering stabilised variety (something like the Friesland Indica, Master Kush 1990 or maybe a Ketama Landrace).

Right now the only thing in my seed stash that's somehow useable for that issue is a KC 45 from KC Brains (Brazilian Sativa x Russian Ruderalis) that I'm currently growing for the first time to produce enough seeds for future breeding experiments and studies. (I'm new to the breeding game, but I already have many ideas... 😅:biglaugh:)
It's a shame that there are so few regular autoflower seeds available on most seed banks... Maybe someone of you can give a recommendation for a breeder or seedbank that has some in stock or even a specific strain? :)

Also, since it seems that quite a few german fellows had the same thing in mind, I love the idea of sharing and exchanging the results of all our breeding projects on here with each other that someone had a few pages ago. :D

Thank you for reading so far and hear you soon, I hope that you guys have not abandoned your plans already. :)

Asentrouw

It's a shame that there are so few regular autoflower seeds available on most seed banks... Maybe someone of you can give a recommendation for a breeder or seedbank that has some in stock or even a specific strain?

Finland Soviet Seeds sells all kind of autoflowers like Sour 60, Trabant, Shortterm Amnesia, RK62 and other auto strains that are already acclimatised to Northern climates. All regular seeds.

Currently I'm selecting my own strain F3, which I coined Brainwash. Don't know the exact heritage, as I took it from a forest guerillaspot with different strains. But no ruderalis, a very light sensitive, very early photoperiod strain (finishes around end of august, start september at lat 53). Small "christmas tree" structure, nice subtile berry smells, quite some potency for a outdoor strain, mellow effect and relatively mold resistant.

If its stable enough after this, I hope to donate some seeds to the serverfunds here next year, so others can work it further.

Attachments

• 20230908_130132.jpg
    20230908_130132.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • 20230830_153243.jpg
    20230830_153243.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Following here because I have the same thing in mind as OP! I'm from the mid-eastern german hill-lands with a sub-continental climate :)

My plan was also to inbreed, stabilise and select an indica landrace or heirloom line for early flowering and finish, balanced thc:cbd content, strong trichome production (I want to go for some kind of hashplant) and of course hardiness and resistance against pests, mould, heat and frost in the first step.

As a starting point for this I found many interesting strains on kwikseeds / rsc. Some of the ideas that came to my mind upon further study of the topic and comparison were for example their Balkhi, Iranian, Mazar-i-sharif, Tirah or Yasin Valley strains. But of course I am open for any other recommendations beside these strains, also from other breeders! I'd prefer a not UK-based seller, as I'm not completely familiar with how customs handle packages from there to the EU, so I'd be grateful for any hints, if someone from the forum ordered from them to a EU-country. :angelshug: Maybe even someone on the forum themself had a middle eastern indica genetic line at home he or she was willing to share?

The second step I planned is crossing it with some well-selected ruderalis genetics (once again I got inspiration from kwikseeds, this time their 1st to 3rd gen. Siberian Ruderalis) or some very early flowering stabilised variety (something like the Friesland Indica, Master Kush 1990 or maybe a Ketama Landrace).

Right now the only thing in my seed stash that's somehow useable for that issue is a KC 45 from KC Brains (Brazilian Sativa x Russian Ruderalis) that I'm currently growing for the first time to produce enough seeds for future breeding experiments and studies. (I'm new to the breeding game, but I already have many ideas... 😅:biglaugh:)
It's a shame that there are so few regular autoflower seeds available on most seed banks... Maybe someone of you can give a recommendation for a breeder or seedbank that has some in stock or even a specific strain? :)

Also, since it seems that quite a few german fellows had the same thing in mind, I love the idea of sharing and exchanging the results of all our breeding projects on here with each other that someone had a few pages ago. :D

Thank you for reading so far and hear you soon, I hope that you guys have not abandoned your plans already. :)

I can tell you about my journey with RSC. I was a little naive a few weeks ago and put up an order, since it was legal now :D I thought: What the heck, it will be no problem. Then the package was stuck in customs for 3 weeks and I was suuuuuper nervous, since there was no reason for that. After three weeks it started moving again and within 3 more days it arrived. I was sweating bullets and thought they exchanged the package for a little letter with my "Ermittlungsverfahren". But it arrived savely, wasn't opened and they did a creative packaging. It was a video-game with seeds packed stealthy.

So if you have stron nervs, you should give it a try. Funnily I ordered Ketama, which is semi-autoflowering. I popped 4 of them, 3 came. If you need them for next season, ****TOU****. i hope I will be able to produce some seeds. Since it should be close to an IBL I hope it will produce okay-ish seeds. For outdoor season it should be to late to begin another try this year. But we can stay in contact.

I will go into detail with the other points tomorrow.

Have a good night

Last edited by a moderator:

ossi_grower

I can tell you about my journey with RSC. I was a little naive a few weeks ago and put up an order, since it was legal now :D I thought: What the heck, it will be no problem. Then the package was stuck in customs for 3 weeks and I was suuuuuper nervous, since there was no reason for that. After three weeks it started moving again and within 3 more days it arrived. I was sweating bullets and thought they exchanged the package for a little letter with my "Ermittlungsverfahren". But it arrived savely, wasn't opened and they did a creative packaging. It was a video-game with seeds packed stealthy.

So if you have stron nervs, you should give it a try. Funnily I ordered Ketama, which is semi-autoflowering. I popped 4 of them, 3 came. If you need them for next season. i hope I will be able to produce some seeds. Since it should be close to an IBL I hope it will produce okay-ish seeds. For outdoor season it should be to late to begin another try this year. But we can stay in contact.

I will go into detail with the other points tomorrow.

Have a good night
Thank you two for your replies , I'll take a look at finland soviet seeds and watch out for some interesting strains :)

Oh ok, so you're from Germany too MROrganicGreenz? Nice to hear that the letter made it through customs for you! I don't know if I should risk it, I often had luck but I also already got post from the customs in the past... I don't want to challenge my luck too much :LOL:

The Ketama Landrace definitely waked my interest, I'd be happy of you kept me up to date about that :)

Last edited by a moderator:

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆

Asentrouw

Oh ok, so you're from Germany too MROrganicGreenz? Nice to hear that the letter made it through customs for you! I don't know if I should risk it, I often had luck but I also already got post from the customs in the past... I don't want to challenge my luck too much :LOL:

The Ketama Landrace definitely waked my interest, I'd be happy of you kept me up to date about that :)

Kwik/TRSC is very stealth shipping, so for sure will come through customs. I have ordered several times there, never had any problems.

Due to the Brexit it can get stuck in transit for a while. Sometimes you need to pay extra taxes over it. But it remains the best adress for landraces and oldschool genetics for a fair price with lots of interesting freebies.

ossi_grower

Kwik/TRSC is very stealth shipping, so for sure will come through customs. I have ordered several times there, never had any problems.

Due to the Brexit it can get stuck in transit for a while. Sometimes you need to pay extra taxes over it. But it remains the best adress for landraces and oldschool genetics for a fair price with lots of interesting freebies.
Thank you Asentrouw :)
I stopped overthinking it and just ordered something last night from them. Hope I made a good decision, their stock is so big and almost everything sounds so intriguing to me. :LOL:
I'll post again when the letter arrives by me and I can start reproducing the seeds that I have ordered. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts