What's new

What strains for breeding a german genetic?

Cuddles

Silver Thiosulfate, but that probably doesn't ring a bell either. 😅

It's one of the chemicals they use to "feminize" seeds.

Basically it grows balls on females and with this herma-action without a male all the offspring of these seeds will also be all female.

Hence the feminized seeds you can buy everywhere these days. 😉
Well I knew that the procedure involves certain chemicals but I didn´t know which ones, so thanks for this info :)
I think I would prefer to keep or create strains the natural way though. Ie male and female rather than a trans-gendered one ,lol.
I think it´s best in terms of keeping a gene pool nice and healthy.

Cuddles

In the other hand i think the ruderalis option also reduces quality of the effects, not bad but just like fast-food.

To breed best quality i think the acclimatization from landrace selection would be better, longer process but best potencial. And anyway with time the quality will decrease at northern latitude so i think it's preferable to work really potent stuff from the start.
I had decided to keep away from lowryder strains or crosses but only because I grew lowryder and didn´t like the smoke effect. It was also a very smelly plant -in other words it´s not that suitable for a discreet guerilla or even a balcony grow.
I may try a cross strain again someday but it would have to be a farily safe bet ;)

Last edited:

goingrey

There is also Leb27 which was acclimatized to Denmark for 27+ years. But maybe a boring option for this project as the work is already done? Also not very potent.

goingrey

Stuporsonic from Sagarmatha.. Originally a Swedish strain. Always been curious about this one. Initially the response was great a lot of praise. Then some years later a lot of disappointed reports. But he still sells it so someone has been buying it all these years, must have something going for it.

endgegner

Well but how does it work? i dont even have a clue how they do autos.
are there male autos? where can i get those?
You can either look for rare regular automatics or you cross an auto fem with a photo period male and (then you have a 50 / 50 split) at F2 you will have a 25 / 75 split between autos (25%) and photo period (75%) strains. Then you have to select the ones with auto traits and cross it as long as it is stable.
Shanti mentioned something like this in his podcasts.

Last edited:

goingrey

You can either look for rare regular automatics or you cross an auto fem with a photo period male and then you have a 50 / 50 split between autos and photo period strains. Then you have to select the ones with auto traits and cross it as long as it is stable.
You won't have a 50/50 split in the first generation, there will be no autoflowering plants as it is a recessive trait (needs to be inherited from both parents). But after inbreeding for one generation, you will have 25% auto and 75% photo.

Maybe that link isn't the most clear so I will try to explain.

Autoflowering plants would be the gg in this chart and true photo would be GG. When you cross them you get Gg. The photo gene G is dominant and the only one that expresses i the plants. However all of the children also have the recessive g gene, they are carrier plants for the autoflowering gene.

1715959587047.png

When you two of these Gg plants you will then end up with 25% on average being the gg or autoflowering type:

1715959746019.png

This is mendelian or complete dominance which is how autoflowering works. Shanti may have been talking about CBD plants and crossing to THC plants? That is inherited based on incomplete dominance, like this flower example from the above link where the petal color is something in between the two:

1715959881637.png

Last edited:

revegeta666

You can either look for rare regular automatics or you cross an auto fem with a photo period male and then you have a 50 / 50 split between autos and photo period strains. Then you have to select the ones with auto traits and cross it as long as it is stable.
shantibaba was talking about autos? can you link me to this podcast please?

goingrey

I had good luck with purple satellite from green mountain seeds/ace. Fast flowering tropical sativa
That's a good suggestion. Unlike some other options from ACE, it is not maintained in Spain, which isn't the best possible place to make selections for northern outdoor strains for obvious reasons.. I think.

ResinReef

You won't have a 50/50 split in the first generation, there will be no autoflowering plants as it is a recessive trait (needs to be inherited from both parents). But after inbreeding for one generation, you will have 25% auto and 75% photo.

what he said!.
True Hybrid vigour and consistent outcomes(F1) u get , when you combine two lines that are a bit worked and homocigot. (starting f5- f7 to IBL).

btw Leb 27 v2 from Esbe was imho not a low odor strain and did smell actually pretty bad and rough.
also a lot of high cbd phänotypes to be found.

Auto cross with Leb 27
have some going this year from that batch.
plant yielded a pound dry mid september in northern germany.
oily aswell and potency was ok too
amlebplant - Kopie.jpg
amlebbudshot - Kopie.jpg

endgegner

This is mendelian or complete dominance which is how autoflowering works. Shanti may have been talking about CBD plants and crossing to THC plants? That is inherited based on incomplete dominance, like this flower example from the above link where the petal color is something in between the two:
I probably have falsely quoted him, so the number is inaccurate. But my point was: He said, that you have to select a shit ton of generation with autoflower traits and then you will have autos at some point.
I am not the most educated guy about biology, especially with plants, but I think, what you have shown us is correct.

I remember the Mendelian inheritance, but rather with this graphic:

The white one in the F2 is the autoflower trait.

goingrey

I probably have falsely quoted him, so the number is inaccurate. But my point was: He said, that you have to select a shit ton of generation with autoflower traits and then you will have autos at some point.
I am not the most educated guy about biology, especially with plants, but I think, what you have shown us is correct.

I remember the Mendelian inheritance, but rather with this graphic:

The white one in the F2 is the autoflower trait.
Yeah that's a good graph.

You can have a fully auto line in three generations. You would cross two white ones in that example... and there you go.

endgegner

You can have a fully auto line in three generations. You would cross two white ones in that example... and there you go.
But how is the chance that you get a photo period at F3? I don't think it is 100%, but is it rather 99% or 90%?
I have also corrected my post, too (but left the wrong part scribbled and crossed).

goingrey

But how is the chance that you get a photo period at F3? I don't think it is 100%, but is it rather 99% or 90%?
Sorry I don't understand the question. F3 generation depends on the selections you make in the F2 generation... You mean an open pollination of the F2?

Latest posts

Latest posts