What's new

What strains for breeding a german genetic?

Grow44DE

Hi folks,

Ive got a plan for breeding a plant that suits german weather conditions. But breeding isnt any of my strengths. :D
But im motivated as hell.
The plan in detail is. creating a future german landrace. or wild cannabis.
since eu and germany have strong laws for endangered species. so lets craft 1 of those.

this is like a backup plan if they revoke the legalization or anything like that.
i hope its not to hard to follow me.

ahortator

Veteran

Perhaps you have access to wild ruderalis growing there already.
This one is from Brandenburg.

Bis später!

Grow44DE

Perhaps you have access to wild ruderalis growing there already.
Hmm i didnt know that. thanks alot (y) Do you know the exact location?
Does anyone know something about breeding with ruderalis? Link or anything would be great.

Hollands Hope x Durban Poison (both from Dutch Passion) are good outdoor strains. You can just cross these and keep crossing them.
Yes their frisian dew looks interesting too.
should i use fems and male regs or only regulars?

endgegner

Does anyone know something about breeding with ruderalis? Link or anything would be great.

Be careful with Dutch Passion fems, they like to herm a lot. If fems done right, they shouldn't but apparently they don't get it done right. At least ten years ago it was like this.

But for breeding yoo should stick to regs, you need males anyway, so why buying fems in addition?

goingrey

I would recommend some Danish strains. Royal Dane, Danish Gold, Thyphoon... There is some hermie traits in those lines too though, I think it's quite common with northern outdoor strains, especially if grown indoors.

ahortator

Veteran

I just found the pic in the Wikipedia :LOL:
:rolleyes:

grandsrin

Hi i m living at 49,5 north and grow outdoor since years .
Bangi haze from ace is great(20 octobrer) ,easy sativa(10/15 octobre) ,critical sour (septembre) and extérieur gear from female seeds are ok .
Mandala 1, 8milles from mandala seeds are realy Good, .
Take care to the flower date it s very often spanish ones.( 2/3 week early)
Hope it helps

Lebanizer

@Grow44DE

Well clearly the Scandinavian strains are the way to go for you. And if you want to breed your own, I personnally strongly believe that anywhere above 45N, autoflowering is the only sure way to go, mainly to have flowers that ripen during the most sunny period of the year.

Cuddles

Be careful with Dutch Passion fems, they like to herm a lot. If fems done right, they shouldn't but apparently they don't get it done right. At least ten years ago it was like this.

But for breeding yoo should stick to regs, you need males anyway, so why buying fems in addition?
this is really true? You see me very surpised here. Early on, when everybody got more and more excited about fems, I´m sure I read an interview with someone from I´m certain was from DP and I think it sounded as though DP had invented the process of feminizing seeds.
But maybe I´m not remembering this correctly. It was, after all a long time ago ,lol

endgegner

this is really true? You see me very surpised here. Early on, when everybody got more and more excited about fems, I´m sure I read an interview with someone from I´m certain was from DP and I think it sounded as though DP had invented the process of feminizing seeds.
But maybe I´m not remembering this correctly. It was, after all a long time ago ,lol
Yep, their orange genetics (Orange Bud, Critical Orange Punch...) seem to be affected the most for some reason. (Also in their reg forms according to what I have read)

Asentrouw

@Grow44DE

Well clearly the Scandinavian strains are the way to go for you. And if you want to breed your own, I personnally strongly believe that anywhere above 45N, autoflowering is the only sure way to go, mainly to have flowers that ripen during the most sunny period of the year.

Photoperiod can give good results up North just aswell. It kinda depends on the season; some summers can be extemely wet (most auto's rot away before your eyes), while you can have a good sunny autumn with photoperiod strains finishing very well into november at lat 53.

I think good resistance against humidity/mold, cold/hot temperature swings and relative light sensitivity is more important.

Maybe semi-auto's are a nice compromize between both worlds. But then again, you come straight back to the Scandinavian (and the oldschool Dutch/Swiss) outdoor genetics you mentioned.