What's new

vertical aeroponic 2000W

Scrogerman

Veteran
Really like your vert scrog dude. I did see a similar vert done by Heath on another site. But ah haa his was not scrogged, boy what a yield he was getting. He wreckons 1.8 gramms a watt ???not on that figure but it was a killer set up.
How do you get in there, do you have access to the inner area as i think it would be handy.
whats your plan with training and pruning dude?
I'm a pullin up a chair for this one bro' Be-Lucky....!!!
Scrogger'''''''';)

Really like your vert scrog dude. I did see a similar vert done by Heath on another site. But ah haa his was not scrogged, boy what a yield he was getting. He wreckons 1.8 gramms a watt ???not on that figure but it was a killer set up.
How do you get in there, do you have access to the inner area as i think it would be handy.
whats your plan with training and pruning dude?
I'm a pullin up a chair for this one bro' Be-Lucky....!!!
Scrogger'''''''';)

Yeah heath uses more rows and more plants than I do. I live in an area where they sentence according to plant numbers, so it's good to keep them a little lower.
Heath was getting 2.1+g/w on one grow using a 600MH and 4" PVC.
The thousand watters aren't as efficient, and I'm no where near heath on experience. But I think 1.5+ is feasible, as long as nothing crazy happens. I wouldn't mind pulling 6 lbs. I'd be very happy with 4, tho.
This is only my second time growing aero. I've been growing soil for a few years, but I find I like aero much more. The plants grow 3 times as fast, easily.

Yes, I definitely have access to the inner area. I have to duck under the bottom row to get in, tho. It cuts out about 10 inches on my screen, about 2 feet across. Not too big a loss IMO.
As long as I squat all the way down, I can get in fairly easily. Hands and knees works best, but I don't have to arch my back or anything.

There's no way I would have built a system that I couldn't access. Been there, that's just a pain in the ass.

As far as pruning, I like to just let 'em go. Near the end of flowering, I'll pinch some fan leaves off to let the buds show. I can't really get to a lot of the undergrowth, so I'll let that grow too. I'll probably pull two harvests, one around 8 weeks, and another at 10.

Plan for training: cover as much area as possible as quickly as possible, then bud em.

This is my first time scrogging, but I've lst'ed many plants in the past.

edit: just wanted to add, for the record. I have 7 m2 of surface area, with the equivalent of 75+w/f2 of HPS (fyi, indoor upper limit). If Chocolope is a high yielder (DNA says 500-600g/m2) That should easily smash 1.5g/w. Let's say I pull 450g/m2, that's 7 lbs. Which is about 1.6g/w, I think.
So the potential is there for the big yields. I'm just not sure if I'm ready yet for that. I still have to adjust pH pretty much daily, and I'm adding my RO water to the res with 5gal water jugs, one at a time. So it's still kinda ghetto.
Root for me.

ok one more pic, workin on my panoramas for when it gets good

pano.jpg

Tokesome

WOW, I just dropped in here from Scroger`s thread. What a set up!

I`ll be watching this with a lot of interest. Could this be done with coco slabs do you think?

Toke ;-)

WOW, I just dropped in here from Scroger`s thread. What a set up!

I`ll be watching this with a lot of interest. Could this be done with coco slabs do you think?

Toke ;-)

Yes, coco slabs for sure.
I always thought maybe I should have just gone with rockwool slabs, just because of the security of using them. Your root's aren't going to dry out very easily, unlike aero.
Slabs would be a very efficient and easy way to do this same set up. If you're thinking about it, I'd say dive in.
It's a little different training, since the plants don't get to grow straight up like they normally would, but it's all the same thing to me. I make em grow upside down if I think it'll get me more bud, lol

antimatter

Veteran
lol, it's just carpet. I never took it out because I don't want splinters in my feet. The floor has been soaked many times, and the house is considered "dispensable".
If I have to replace some plywood to keep my grow going, so be it. But I'm only planning two or three harvests at this location. I live in a very mj-intolerant area. If I got busted with something like this they'd make an example out of me, more than likely

don't forget SCROG!

I see it now, its a brown carpet covered with leaves lol my mistake.

yeah, more like maroon, but always wet lol and really dirty
I have a shop vac but it never gets the pvc out.
and the leaves just keep on coming.....

Scrogerman

Veteran
WOW

WOW

Dude,
Yeah ive run the numbers there, you should get one fk of a big yield if it all goes well.
If its anywhere near what your thinking then i'm gonna be doing one of these at somepoint in the near future. Ive been playing around with a variation idea for quite some time which will stop any sort of root drying out possibility if pumps or lines fail, & is sort of 'DWC' x 'NFT', Deep Trough NFT with Bubblers added in the Duct, with the outlets set high on the stop ends making it a hybrid of the two(Bubble Flow). Thats Aero NFT in effect that your doing there & you got me thinking of adding spray nossils now(total confusion lol) thanks alot Lol!
Exellent grow Dude'.
Peace.........Scrog'

Dude,
Yeah ive run the numbers there, you should get one fk of a big yield if it all goes well.
If its anywhere near what your thinking then i'm gonna be doing one of these at somepoint in the near future. Ive been playing around with a variation idea for quite some time which will stop any sort of root drying out possibility if pumps or lines fail, & is sort of 'DWC' x 'NFT', Deep Trough NFT with Bubblers added in the Duct, with the outlets set high on the stop ends making it a hybrid of the two(Bubble Flow). Thats Aero NFT in effect that your doing there & you got me thinking of adding spray nossils now(total confusion lol) thanks alot Lol!
Exellent grow Dude'.
Peace.........Scrog'

Yeah, all those sound like really good ideas. Aero might be more trouble than it's worth if you don't have a sound backup strategy. My plants will survive a full 12 hours of lights on (and another 12 of lights off) in the PVC if my pump fails, just with the little bit of water that sticks around. BUT they will have wilted pretty badly after that amount of time. I don't like to have to 'recover' from anything like that during flowering.

I was doing NFT with these tubes originally, but I was just hunting down a way to get the water to cover the inside of the tubes a little better, and kinda accidentally landed on aero one day while I was walking through lowe's lol

good luck bro

Tokesome

Um, just go back one page. I posted pics yesterday.
I'd say a week from starting budding

Cool, I saw them, just wasn`t sure if they were up to date.

Cant wait to see this come off. A giant scrog with a difference!

Great to see the pics of the set up, you got a few of us thinking hard, thanks for sharing the info.:biggrin:

Toke

Noting wrong with the hydro guys either ;) But I'll tag along for the move :witch:

Peace, :joint:

lol yeah, I've been getting more than adequate response here. I had just never bothered to look through all the forums. I didn't even realize there was a whole vertical crowd here.
Sorry guys, got a new clique lol

Very nice, yours is similar to my master plan, I haven't begun construction yet because I think I might run some flood tables for now, but seeing this really makes me want to build my aero vert setup