What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VaporTek Optimum 4000

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
This will also solve a huge problem, now when I go and buy this I never have to buy deodorant again since home is where Im at and most of the time Im too stoned to go to the supermarket. That classic neutral scent would be great and as long as I dont mess my clothes I smell and look perfectly...well...clean.

toofat

If you had your grow in a cab, would you put it in the cab or in the room the cab is in? :confused:

G

I'd put it in the room, not actually inside the cab itself. It's a very powerful little machine! I prefer to use the natural scent.. it has a sweet chemical scent to it- it's not completely neutral or anything. :wave:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hmmm - I've got a question. If I set a Vaportec outside my cab - near the intakes, would that put enough of the Vaportec stuff in the air to neutralise the smell in the cab? :confused: -MGJ

G

that's up to you MGJ. I grow in a cab, and I'm going to place mine (when I buy it :D) outside the cab, on top near the exhaust. In any case, I imagine its more effective the higher you place it as warm air rises, along with the concentration of odor.

G

I'm leaning towards trying this thing out although the girl at the grow shop said she thought the carbon scrubber was better. Noise is a concern for me though so that is a big plus for this thing. The cost of filters doesn't seem to be unreasonable to me as you must replace those carbon filters a couple times a year at least and they aren't cheap. You also need a fairly expensive (and loud, ack) fan to hook up to the thing as well. Do you guys think you could return the unit for a refund if you don't like it?

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Thanks Blue and Rez, I can definitely put it on top of the cab. The reason I asked is I'm concerned with the odor coming out the exhaust. If I place it outside on top of the cab will it remove odor in the cab as well?

Thanks for your patience! -MGJ

G

MGJ, most of the odor inside the cab is blown out through the exhaust, IMO there'll be more odor blowing out than there is inside. I don't know exactly how your setup is, but what will probably occurr putting the unit outside the cab is that when you open your cab doors, you'll probably smell the plants, but on the outside of your grow, even putting your nose to the cab doors, you won't smell anything. That is what my common sense, coupled with the info on how the unit works, tells me. The Vaportek 4000 will deodorize up to 2,000 cu ft. That's a helluva big space. I live in an apartment, and I'm betting my entire building will smell squeaky clean after installing the Vaportek :eek: :biglaugh:

:wave:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
xxbluevelvetxx said:
MGJ, most of the odor inside the cab is blown out through the exhaust, IMO there'll be more odor blowing out than there is inside....

:wave: Blue
Thanks very much for your answers. I'm pullling 300cfm through my light hood out to the roof. I'm more worried over the amount of odor I release outside than inside - Houses are very close together here and although I am venting to the roof, it's not that far from a neighbor's deck and maybe only 10 feet higher. Maybe I'd be better off with a scrubber? Sheesh - I feel like such a stoner newb :eek: :biglaugh:

Thanks again!!!

Sleepy

Veteran
PhatDaddyNugzYo said:
Do you guys think you could return the unit for a refund if you don't like it?

...when i got mine, the nice lady at Vaportek told me i could do just that...call them direct, and tell them your pet keeps messing on the carpeting...you might even get a free cartridge or two... :wink: she's one of those nice ladies... like everyone's granny, but younger...

they stand behind their products and they work!!

i'm surprised so many of us have waited this long to address odor control issues. it is the easiest way to get busted, next to telling others what you are doing...

buy one.
get an extra cartridge.
plug it in.
done. :rolleyes:

zor

I cant wait to get one of these things! Im suprised that more people arent using these things! Even if the cartridges are 60 bux, it is still well worth the money imo. Carbon needs to be changed and can be 'touchy' when humidity and temps rise. Ozone has its own set of problems. These vaporteks seem to be the perfect solution!

G

vaportek

vaportek

I use it in combination with carbon scrubers. IMO just using it by itself did not work as well as in combo. It is very strong it masks my 30 ECSD 3000 watt grow no problem. replace the cartridge every grow its only $60.
I place mine outside the grow area. I found a used one on ebay, lucky.
greenmagic

G

MGJ I see no reason why you can't put it inside your cab if you think that's best for you. Rez says it doens't affect the plants nor the flavor of end product at all. Placing it on top of the grow is my own personal choice, you should use it according to your own necessities. I have a 360cfm blower and cool tube running, and am using that sound-reduction tubing to run the air out of the cab. The tubing takes up lots of room inside so my own best option is to place it outside the cab.

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Thanks Blue, Rez, and everyone else who contributed to this thread.

Smell controll is definately a most... and as i dwelve into some of the more stinkier strains (Sage and Sour) im sure ill be needin this.

Im goin to have to budget this into my next grow.

thanks yall,

G

yeah bartender, I hear ya...I've been drooling over Rez's Deisels so long that I decided it was time for me to put myself in the condition to grow whatever I damn well want to :wink: Seems the Vaportek 4000 is the ultimate shiznit, so I'll buy it and smile while I'm shelling out the money :D

G

For those of you in Europe, I wanted to let you in on my research results for the Vaportek 4000 unit.

To date the best deal I found is through the UK420 Store which is selling the unit for GBP £199 which is equal to €291,11. Refill cartidges are selling for GBP £55.99 which is equal to €81,91.

I am still searching for a deal through a US or Canadian shop which ships worldwide. So far no luck. The cheapest I've found is through Alternative Garden Supply and is going for US$168.95 including shipping (depends on the zone you're in) for the unit and US$48.95 for the cartridges. Unfortunately they don't ship out of the US :rolleyes:

If I find anything else I'll keep y'all.....posted :D

Latest posts

Latest posts