What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Triple Super Phosphate Dose for Indoor Pots

Old Uncle Ben

P and K should be equal and target K at 7% of the media's base saturation using a combo of M3 and AA 8.2 when testing the media when your Ca level is at 87%.

"Ca level is at 87%"? Huh? I thought my area was one of the few that was pure limestone rock. :)

Old Uncle Ben

P and K should be equal and target K at 7% of the media's base saturation using a combo of M3 and AA 8.2 when testing the media when your Ca level is at 87% in a clay heavy soil.

it works like this...
View attachment 18989925

View attachment 18989928

View attachment 18989929

View attachment 18989930

View attachment 18989931

View attachment 18989932

View attachment 18989933

View attachment 18989934

Must be nice to be able to grow outdoors without fear of ending up in prison! Impressive!

Been working the devil's clay all my life. I have a farm with heavy clay loam, lime is thru the roof, pH is 8.2. Sulphur additions (creates gypsum and the ion exchange thingie) and plenty of humus/compost/mulch is the only solution. I also contracted the planting of legumes and elbon rye on the land for 2 years in a row. Very expensive "solution" that really doesn't have much of an impact regarding improving soil quality unless you do it year after year.

Old Uncle Ben

P and K should be equal and target K at 7% of the media's base saturation using a combo of M3 and AA 8.2 when testing the media when your Ca level is at 87% in a clay heavy soil.

it works like this...
View attachment 18989925

View attachment 18989928

View attachment 18989929

View attachment 18989930

View attachment 18989931

View attachment 18989932

View attachment 18989933

View attachment 18989934

Just a thought @Chunkypigs, RootBuilder, cut in half, bottomless, would be an excellent way to grow at your spot. You'll get the benefit of root pruning, raised beds which contain improved soil used as the backfill, etc. I grow large tropical trees in a greenhouse and it's all I'll use. I do use the full width which I believe is 18", backfilled to a depth of around 12-14" with a layer of mulch, pine needles if I can get them otherwise pine bark and/or fallen tree leaves as you'd find in a natural cloudforest. 2 heavy duty electrical cable ties would tie the ends together just fine. Top off with Osmocote 15-9-12 and you're good to go.

I buy the roll, start with a size I like then add panels to it to expand the pots at a later date. https://rootmaker.com/wholesale-store/81

@Chunkypigs sounds about right!

But how do I calculate the amount of P needed for bags of soil or cft instead of kg/ha without going halfway through a bachelors degree in agronomy ? 🤣

Lets say I want to add 100ppms of P to a bag of soil, what’s the equation ?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
@Chunkypigs sounds about right!

But how do I calculate the amount of P needed for bags of soil or cft instead of kg/ha without going halfway through a bachelors degree in agronomy ? 🤣

Lets say I want to add 100ppms of P to a bag of soil, what’s the equation ?

first thing is you need the mass density figure of your soil in grams per ml.

"Ca level is at 87%"? Huh? I thought my area was one of the few that was pure limestone rock. :)
87% Ca base saturation is the target for heavy clay soil not the test result. a heavy clay soil like mine needs huge additions of material to lighten it, I use rice hulls and perlite.