What's new

Trinidadian landrace

therevverend

Veteran
A while back I did some bullshitting with a Trini grower on Instagram. Learned quite a bit about the situation there. They pretty much hack into the jungle wherever they can. It's a rough place, a lot of crime and rip offs. As far as strains anything we'd consider special or unique is long gone. It's like the prohibition scene anywhere, the vast majority is commercial and poor quality. If you know someone's uncle maybe you get something better. He agreed with me that Tobago is the place to go, much more rural and laid back. It'd be great if you could get those seeds to sprout.

trickyricky007

I know this is an old thread, but by the comments i can safely say that y'all really have little to no knowledge about our landrace strains. The thing is, we're in the south American region - so a good explanation is that we have strains that are similar to their landrace. There's some specific breeds that aren't named only for the mere fact that cannabis was illegal. Now it's decriminalized. However, we have some very potent strains, but it's the harvesting, drying and curing that the cultivators have issues with. I grow my own, and this is one of the sativa strains we grow here. I call it crab n' callaloo. I have other strains that i crossed myself, but again, I'll reiterate; we have some fire strains here.

I know this is an old thread, but by the comments i can safely say that y'all really have little to no knowledge about our landrace strains. The thing is, we're in the south American region - so a good explanation is that we have strains that are similar to their landrace. There's some specific breeds that aren't named only for the mere fact that cannabis was illegal. Now it's decriminalized. However, we have some very potent strains, but it's the harvesting, drying and curing that the cultivators have issues with. I grow my own, and this is one of the sativa strains we grow here. I call it crab n' callaloo. I have other strains that i crossed myself, but again, I'll reiterate; we have some fire strains here.
you have pics of your strain? Do you think it’s A South American type that is acclimated to your area?

420empire

Veteran
Hey Tricky.
Sounds really cool! Can you go in more details. Whats your favourite, and whats the most famous Strains from Trinidad?
Bless🙏