What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
They do that here too. We have legal medical prescribed by a GP but the driving offence is having THC in your system, not necessarily under the influence, so you can have a joint or some oil and be totally straight and get your licence suspended. The tests detect a minute quantity of THC so some people are losing their licence for cannabis consumed literally days before driving.
I dont want a DWI or a DWU
As long as its still legal to eat whilst driving im good😊

SubGirl

420club
They do that here too. We have legal medical prescribed by a GP but the driving offence is having THC in your system, not necessarily under the influence, so you can have a joint or some oil and be totally straight and get your licence suspended. The tests detect a minute quantity of THC so some people are losing their licence for cannabis consumed literally days before driving.
Ridiculousness. So basically medical MJ patients can’t ever drive then. Any chance of the laws loosening up a bit where you’re from?

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Ridiculousness. So basically medical MJ patients can’t ever drive then. Any chance of the laws loosening up a bit where you’re from?
Yes, but most of us take the risk. Good oral hygiene is the go, but you're still not guaranteed of passing. There are moves to get the law change but it seems to take forever. We have one state that allows medical users to be exempt from driving laws.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
when I had my cabin I drove my Infinity FX45 thru the asshole of georgia cops would harass me every time I drove thru...I realized my car was a target...decided to drive my truck and never got pulled again...having Dutch hanging out the window didn't hurt...he's gotten me out of a few tickets...cops love the big German Shepherds...especially in Dooly county...

BudToaster

Veteran
i turned 76 this last march - just now: 124/67 @ 66 bpm. BMI 21.

people have been offering their routines, so here is mine.

i started doing Nordic Track skier after the birth of my child. 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week, now going on 42 years. i hit theoretical max heart rate (220 - age) plus 5%, and maintain that for 25 minutes of the 30.

sept 2018 i gave up sugar for 30 days just to see what would happen - never realized how addictive sugar is. then i went totally whole food nutrition - zero ultraprocessed foods, no seed oils, no added sugar - cooking from scratch every meal - two meals a day. exercise first thing in the morning on a calorie deficit, i.e. before any food.

gave up alcohol 10 years ago and don't miss it - i am blessed with a 400' well with excellent water. vaping since 2000 (my own design all glass, temperature controlled heater). i do a gram to 1.5 g per day. smoked my first joint (thanks, bro!) in 1967. doing a deep dive study of psilocybin for last couple of years.

the initial effort was low carb/high fat. my dermatologist had suggested low carb for several years before i finally heard him. it changed my life for the better. i was running on ketones for about a year and gradually evolved to more of a Mediterranean diet (but no pasta!!!). i watched a lot of "lo carb down under" videos on YT. got a deeper understanding of cholesterol. i read merc*la daily - to take control of my health.

in my view, exercise is for fitness and nutrition is for weight maintenance.

i agree with @Gypsy Nirvana - i love the endorphin (?) high from the aerobics. always makes me feel good all day.

i started doing more consistent strength/resistance training when i turned 65 - i should have started earlier - really hard to add muscle mass after 65.

TLDR: eat real!!! no meds!!! aerobics rules!!!

PS: real food tastes fabulous once i got the processed food toxins out of my system.

SubGirl

420club
when I had my cabin I drove my Infinity FX45 thru the asshole of georgia cops would harass me every time I drove thru...I realized my car was a target...decided to drive my truck and never got pulled again...having Dutch hanging out the window didn't hurt...he's gotten me out of a few tickets...cops love the big German Shepherds...especially in Dooly county...
The Georgia cops where I lived were pulling everyone on the street past 11:00. I worked 2nd shift a lot and routinely got pulled over for stupid things like my licence tag bulb not being brite enough. I drove a Chevy conversion van at the time which I also felt was a target. They would shine their bright ass light all around inside my vehicle asking me what’s in the empty xerox paper boxes I brought home from work. I would be shaking nervous you would have thought I was carrying a pound of cocaine but the brite blue lights and flashlights and harassment was scary to me.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
i turned 76 this last march - just now: 124/67 @ 66 bpm. BMI 21.

people have been offering their routines, so here is mine.

i started doing Nordic Track skier after the birth of my child. 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week, now going on 42 years. i hit theoretical max heart rate (220 - age) plus 5%, and maintain that for 25 minutes of the 30.

sept 2018 i gave up sugar for 30 days just to see what would happen - never realized how addictive sugar is. then i went totally whole food nutrition - zero ultraprocessed foods, no seed oils, no added sugar - cooking from scratch every meal - two meals a day. exercise first thing in the morning on a calorie deficit, i.e. before any food.

gave up alcohol 10 years ago and don't miss it - i am blessed with a 400' well with excellent water. vaping since 2000 (my own design all glass, temperature controlled heater). i do a gram to 1.5 g per day. smoked my first joint (thanks, bro!) in 1967. doing a deep dive study of psilocybin for last couple of years.

the initial effort was low carb/high fat. my dermatologist had suggested low carb for several years before i finally heard him. it changed my life for the better. i was running on ketones for about a year and gradually evolved to more of a Mediterranean diet (but no pasta!!!). i watched a lot of "lo carb down under" videos on YT. got a deeper understanding of cholesterol. i read merc*la daily - to take control of my health.

in my view, exercise is for fitness and nutrition is for weight maintenance.

i agree with @Gypsy Nirvana - i love the endorphin (?) high from the aerobics. always makes me feel good all day.

i started doing more consistent strength/resistance training when i turned 65 - i should have started earlier - really hard to add muscle mass after 65.

TLDR: eat real!!! no meds!!! aerobics rules!!!

PS: real food tastes fabulous once i got the processed food toxins out of my system.
Can I see a pic of your vape please?

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I swear we can see him growing.
He will go to sleep and wake up obviously physically changed.
All the weight is solid bone and muscle so as long as he isn't getting fat I am gonna feed it.
😁
I can touch him from nose to tail without bending over as well.........glad he has such a sweet nature.