What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

I am with Boo on this. Ice seems to help more than heat. I still do both.
Ice does nothing for me, I’m jumping straight in the hot tub set at 40C if I feel a twinge.

my chiropractor has also told me most of my muscle tightness is all in my head. My brain tells the muscle it’s about to take a beating, so the muscle puts itself into protective mode and spasms up.

good excuse for weed and a hot tub soak though.

imiubu

I always want to read your posts like a poem @imiubu

L4/L5 issues suck, i'm glad it is ok now.

Does everyone crouch and lean to tend their plants?

I am trying to squat and shuffle.

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that and... I do see how my posts would read that way :)

I have a very hard time reading a 'wall of text' and decided many moons ago to
create posts that were more easily read.

Also what came into play is that I karn't see small text all that well and when
making text larger... it would not fit into the screen well and I was continuously
needing to pan right to left.

Now perhaps... I'll try to be a bit more 'poetic' in posting so that the
reasoning for posting this way won't only be utilitarian in nature :)

Edit:
I mostly squat and shuffle but still do bend and lean when not being mindful.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that and... I do see how my posts would read that way :)

I have a very hard time reading a 'wall of text' and decided many moons ago to
create posts that were more easily read.

Also what came into play is that I karn't see small text all that well and when
making text larger... it would not fit into the screen well and I was continuously
needing to pan right to left.

Now perhaps... I'll try to be a bit more 'poetic' in posting so that the
reasoning for posting this way won't only be utilitarian in nature :)
A very good point! How many posts do you see that don't have many paragraph breaks?

I learned writing financial proposals for Capital Equipment that short bullet points are more likely to be read and understood that long paragraphs all clumped together.

imiubu

All this bending and up n down, i'd love it all at table top height.

You are lucky to be able to sit. I dont have the room for chairs and such things, I can't even access the side panels of the tent without some minor abseiling off the eaves and simultaneous leg box tetris.

I have to be on all 4s and stretch to water the back plants which is awful on the lower back.

So I have since gotten a 1 litre glass jar that means i can decant the 5 litres into 5 seperate 1litre goes which is a lot easier on the back combined with the squat n shuffle :D

When I was flowering in a 4x4 tent, I had much the same difficulties.
My solution was to remove the sprayer nozzle from my 2 gal pressure sprayer.
I would reduce the pressure so I'd not blow holes in my soil, and water that way.
Worked so well that now I employ this method for the container plants I grow
out on my porch. Sure did alleviate all that bending and stretching for sure.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
If you fellas with a bad back you need to try ice. You really need to give it a spin. I eat breakfast sitting in my recliner with an ice pack on my back and heating pad on my belly for one hour every morning and it seems to make a big difference in my day… I have three more minutes before I bounce across the house and start getting chores done.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

I quote Julia Childs , “ More butter! “….
IMG_0386.jpeg

SubGirl

420club
All this bending and up n down, i'd love it all at table top height.

You are lucky to be able to sit. I dont have the room for chairs and such things, I can't even access the side panels of the tent without some minor abseiling off the eaves and simultaneous leg box tetris.

I have to be on all 4s and stretch to water the back plants which is awful on the lower back.

So I have since gotten a 1 litre glass jar that means i can decant the 5 litres into 5 seperate 1litre goes which is a lot easier on the back combined with the squat n shuffle :D
I don’t have room for a chair, I have to sit on the floor.

you may find this a good deal for you. It really helps your back when watering your plants in the back. It comes with a 10 ft hose which you can put in a 5 gallon bucket with your water and nutrients. ive been using one for several years now. It’s rechargeable but a charge lasts a whole grow for me. Has a nice flow too.
IMG_2724.jpeg

exoticrobotic

I don’t have room for a chair, I have to sit on the floor.

you may find this a good deal for you. It really helps your back when watering your plants in the back. It comes with a 10 ft hose which you can put in a 5 gallon bucket with your water and nutrients. ive been using one for several years now. It’s rechargeable but a charge lasts a whole grow for me. Has a nice flow too. View attachment 19003455

I was pondering imiubu's post about such a sprayer and then wham, available with batteries too!

Thank you both of you :love:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Years ago - when I was a new immigrant to the Philippines - I would laugh at the way many people would squat/sit at the roadside - or waiting for a Jeepney/bus - and think of how silly they all looked as I drove around in my fancy Hi-Lux Truck - they all looked so odd sat in that position - and could do anything from playing poker/card games - to reading books - to eating - some could even sleep in that position - and often you could see groups of local people all sat in the Asian Squat position - having debates and/or heated arguments as well - as if it was a perfectly natural and comfortable stance to sit and be relaxed in - where the hands were free to engage in whatever was wanted or needed -

Eight years ago - I had to return to the west (UK) - and live here again - bringing my wife/kids over to live with me from The Philippines - and after the plandemic - found myself with an old back injury that was getting worse - due to inactivity and because I had got alot heavier -

- a year of religiously adhering to a keto diet and intermittent fasting helped me lose 55lbs - and alot of pool exercises - swimming and stretching and weight training - got me back into good shape again -

One of the main stretches I used to lose alot of the pain around my back/hips and legs was The Asian Squat - practicing it nearly every day -

- at first it was very difficult to sit/Squat in that position - and I would often fall over - but eventually it became easier and easier - as that core area of my body became stretched out - and more comfortable too - so eventually I could sit/Squat in that position comfortably for up to half an hour or more - while being able to rock back and forwards - side to side - have conversations with others - and just like the native Philippino people I would laugh at years before - be able to play a card game - eat and argue too - in that odd looking position - that turned out to be a main stretch - and great pain reliever to me too -

- My advice is to go ahead and try to do this stretch - and hold in that position for as long as you can - upping the time you do it for daily - and after some months - it will become a position you feel naturally comfortable in - and might notice - like I did - that certain pains go away - and you can operate at a much lower elevation - tending to plants or fixing stuff - hands free - without pain -

Unca Walt

420club
Look what someone just sent me from the Philippines - my most favourite coffee in the whole wide world - and that's great 👍 - but also difficult - since I was supposed to be quitting coffee due to being diagnosed with atrial fibrillation - and having to have a pacemaker fitted - then a good buddy in SEAsia sends me 1 whole kilo of Dark Roasted Batangas Robusta (medium ground) Coffee -

Should I throw it away? - Should I give it away? -
- or should I just make 🤔 some coffee - and savour this wonderful dark elixir - while I drink it ?

*Here is a pic of half of what was sent -
View attachment 19003359
I have a quart bottle of iodine.

It is strong and delicious. I think it would be a normal thing for you to do to drink the whole bottle.

SELL it if you must. TRADE it for Fentanyl. Or Opium.

Whatever you do, if I find you had so much as one fucking teaspoon of it, I will NEVER speak to you again.

Because you will have thrown your God-given SECOND CHANCE AT LIFE AWAY for a fucking cup of fucking java.

My permanent rank is Sergeant. Did you read me, recruit?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep, got me to thinking... the ex left a sander up in the attic...
My bro just bought me a brand new drill and... I already have some
of the plastic 'vibrating' pads on hand (cutting boards ;) ).

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
Hee, hee, hee.......................... Let the fun begin!
I quote Julia Childs , “ More butter! “….
And lets not forget the delectables from the onion and bacon food groups!

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Yup - I've always been a fast healer - since being a man of action - and a very active boy before that has led to good blood circulation - so wounds tend to mend quickly -

- It's been one month now since the main open heart valve fix and bypass was done - when my chest was cracked open - then resealed - and that does seem to be healing rather well - it doesn't hurt much or at all when I cough rarely - but can hurt a bit if I sneeze - and the outside wound is all healed looking with a thin foot long scar - straight down my sternum -

Where they opened up a pocket/flap surgically - top of my left pectoral muscle - to install the pacemaker is still a bit sore - especially because just a week or so ago - it had to be reopened - a wire pulled out of the heart - and another secured in its place for the corrective surgery to happen -

I'm trying not to overextend particularly reaching movements - when some pain kicks in - telling me to 'watch out - this could tear a scar' - and staying away from food markets - where the normality of buying heavy goods and schlepping them home - could reopen part sealed wounds - so reversing the healing process - by leaving my backpack at home - and avoiding carrier bags to carry stuff in - when I go walkies - but its always a temptation - and hopefully won't be long before I can carry stuff for miles again - enjoying the weight of it on my back - and thru my legs as I walk - perhaps another month or so now - fingers crossed 🤞
Are there any stiches still in where they worked on the pace maker? It's been my experience that stiched up incisions remain tender and sore right up until the stiches are removed and once removed that soreness goes away almost immediately.

Definitely a smart move to avoid anything that stretches or strains where the incisions are. It might seem a bit awkward but for buying items that would be difficult to carry home or might require a backpack, instead you could use one of those suitcases with an extending handle and wheels. I only suggest that because most people already have something like that. Another option though is that you can buy a fold up cart which would look a bit more normal or lrdd odd. Although if just avoiding those types of purchases until you're more fully healed works, then that's probably best because it doesn't require you to purchase or do anything.

giggy

Can't you get alla that goo outa the jars and smoke it?

Like put alcohol in, pour through filter paper and use the filter paper?

If so, please mail me your dirty nasty bottles...
I wash mine out with alcohol and make a gummy hash called iso.
Lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My tamaters have flowers!
Wish I had a garden, of any type.