What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

exoticrobotic

It appears to have been leaking for a while and the soil around it reeks from all the kitchen nutrients in the soil in concert with the aroma of attendant bacteria harvesting them.

The soil was black around our kitchen leak. i thought we'd struck oil

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 14.38.57.png

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I have dug down to the drain and can see the break, which I'm more than capable of fixing it myself, but I choose not to do so because of my lower back and how bad it smells. That may change when I see the bid.

It appears to have been leaking for a while and the soil around it reeks from all the kitchen nutrients in the soil in concert with the aroma of attendant bacteria harvesting them. The street end of the broken sink lateral is also venting gas from the city sewer

I scrubbed my hands twice after digging and bailing with hot water and soap, using a brush and they still stank so bad that I bathed them in apple cider vinegar, before scrubbing them again.

It's cast iron and I suspect it got broken when our 120-year-old Douglas Fir blew over about four years ago.
My back just resigned while reading that post😵

Goldhedge

Waking up slowly. Fargin back is stiff! Not a good sign. No time for this.....
I use a heat pad in the morning. In my case it's a 'Bucky Bag'. What's a 'Bucky Bag' you ask?

It's a cloth bag filled with buckwheat, or cracked corn, or... It looks like one of those 'cornhole' bags you toss like horseshoes??

60 sec in the microwave and it's pure joy placed where it hurts!

I have to be on all 4s and stretch to water the back plants which is awful on the lower back.
Why not employ a drip irrigation system?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use a heat pad in the morning. In my case it's a 'Bucky Bag'. What's a 'Bucky Bag' you ask?

It's a cloth bag filled with buckwheat, or cracked corn, or... It looks like one of those 'cornhole' bags you toss like horseshoes??

60 sec in the microwave and it's pure joy placed where it hurts!
I have a couple that use rice.

imiubu

Ingenious ingenuity. Repurposing a palm sander as a source of vibration is brilliant and consistency from batch to batch is likely rock solid compared to manual vibration.
Yep, got me to thinking... the ex left a sander up in the attic...
My bro just bought me a brand new drill and... I already have some
of the plastic 'vibrating' pads on hand (cutting boards ;) ).

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: