What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

cola

I've always used a old fashion flouro and a T20 light...I was using so little light the cuts hardly survive...he told me to let them root in bright LED's...I keep the covered dome along with my regular veg plants, give them far more light and I see 100% rooting withing 7 days...

Wow!! Worth buying a rectangular LED just for rooting and cuts. The root sizes on those are simply stunning!! 😲

Unca Walt

420club
I see now that this concept has already been discussed, ad nauseam. Musta been way too many gulps (of air). LOL:giggle:
The above is a unique peculiarity of this weird group.

Where we all useta have different places on a site where we all went (Politics, News, Yada) -- now we have this flipping-page marathon.

In my case, I will start reading where I left off before and get interested in some posts... and just naturally reply to them.

And by the time I get to the final page, I find I have added something six other folks already added. Jeez.

I see no solution becuz a lotta the posts are damn' interesting -- even if they are four pages back.

Weird -- and to my knowledge, unique: A lifeboat full of escapees from Alcatraz.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Another clear day starting at 52F and predicted to reach 70F.

The wet spot in our front garden turned out to be a broken kitchen drain. I have an appointment with a plumber today for a bid to replace the line. A major undertaking involving a lot of digging and wiping out our front flower garden. More digging that Moi is willing to do.................

Breakfast out this morning with Grayfox and NM at the Screen Door.

Last edited:

kaochiu

Veteran
Hello people who cook...I am doing a recipe with ground sausage meat, which is fried up with potatoes and red peppers and onions;

The recipe suggests boiling the potatoes for 5 min. before frying, this is my question...is it really necessary to boil the potatoes over just frying them/
It depends on the potatoes too, basically if you boil them first it looses potato flavour, but get crispier in the outside and get softer inside.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Look what someone just sent me from the Philippines - my most favourite coffee in the whole wide world - and that's great 👍 - but also difficult - since I was supposed to be quitting coffee due to being diagnosed with atrial fibrillation - and having to have a pacemaker fitted - then a good buddy in SEAsia sends me 1 whole kilo of Dark Roasted Batangas Robusta (medium ground) Coffee -

Should I throw it away? - Should I give it away? -
- or should I just make 🤔 some coffee - and savour this wonderful dark elixir - while I drink it ?

*Here is a pic of half of what was sent -
2024-05-1611.54.311902800049266840654.jpg

SubGirl

420club
Look what someone just sent me from the Philippines - my most favourite coffee in the whole wide world - and that's great 👍 - but also difficult - since I was supposed to be quitting coffee due to being diagnosed with atrial fibrillation - and having to have a pacemaker fitted - then a good buddy in SEAsia sends me 1 whole kilo of Dark Roasted Batangas Robusta (medium ground) Coffee -

Should I throw it away? - Should I give it away? -
- or should I just make 🤔 some coffee - and savour this wonderful dark elixir - while I drink it ?

*Here is a pic of half of what was sent -
View attachment 19003359
Maybe put it in the freezer till you get your heart settled down then just use it for a little extra treat now and then just one cup at a time tho. But I’m a bad influence. May not wanna listen to me 😳

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Maybe put it in the freezer till you get your heart settled down then just use it for a little extra treat now and then just one cup at a time tho. But I’m a bad influence. May not wanna listen to me 😳
It's been hard enough for me not to be able to toke or smoke anything in well over a month now - due to the 3 surgeries plus one corrective surgery - I have had to go thru recently - and I have been cutting down on my coffee consumption too - from 2 jugs per day - to just one jug per day - and was looking to decreasing that to just 2 cups - then one cup per day in the not too distant future -

- ahhh - discipline - discipline - seems like old age - and if you get to live any older - is a battle between what you perceive as things that enhance your quality of life - and mere survival -

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I've been wanting to ask this question for a bit now and here seems the perfect chance to do so.

I have been making my capsules from bud/ trim for years infused into coconut oil.
Since no longer consuming any vegetable oils, would tallow work as well?

Edit:
or... any animal fat for that matter :)

we quit eating all seed oils and now use tallow and bacon grease for everything

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's been hard enough for me not to be able to toke or smoke anything in well over a month now - due to the 3 surgeries plus one corrective surgery - I have had to go thru recently - and I have been cutting down on my coffee consumption too - from 2 jugs per day - to just one jug per day - and was looking to decreasing that to just 2 cups - then one cup per day in the not too distant future -

- ahhh - discipline - discipline - seems like old age - and if you get to live any older - is a battle between what you perceive as things that enhance your quality of life - and mere survival -
I believe in Budha's observation that life was meant to be lived joyously! What is life if it is no longer fun and what is old age without fond memories?

I believe, "Moderation in all things, including moderation", because some of my best memories were extreme experiences.

Of course those of us who also embrace living a long, healthy and pain free life as possible, find our choices of chicanery and wanton debauchery more limited. I've had to go from living with a coffee mug in my hand to once a week dining out for breakfast.

The good part of that is that the limited amount tastes way more special, so maybe freezing your fortuitous score and using your martial arts and body builder discipline to limit how fast you use it might be an option.

Cup-pipe.jpg

SubGirl

420club
Good morning brothers and sisters! View attachment 19003345 View attachment 19003346

Another clear day starting at 52F and predicted to reach 70F.

The wet spot in our front garden turned out to be a broken kitchen drain. I have an appointment with a plumber today for a bid to replace the line. A major undertaking involving a lot of digging and wiping out our front flower garden. More digging that Moi is willing to do.................

Breakfast out this morning with Grayfox and NM at the Screen Door.
Another leak? Oh brother. We had a wet spot in our front yard. Called the city and sure enough it was from the street to the house. It appeared that whoever put the sprinkler system in our yard cut into the city waterline and repaired it with a line designed for a hot water heater that still had the tag on it not for outside use. We had just opted for the 5.00 per month insurance to fix anything from the street to the house just a few months befor so it was paid for thank goodness. Made a big hole in our front yard too.

Latest posts

Latest posts