What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
IMG_20240515_195748_8.jpg

Nice day today we get to see our youngest son tomorrow so we're excited for that.
🤘
Always fun to see him and have some of the heavy lifting done.
😁

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Actually keeping active is better for you they say, just be careful how you are active. Modt prople, even ones in bad shape find that they can be much more active then before procedures like you had done then, they expected when they first came home, given what you've describe so far I bet you feel nearly back to your old self fairly soon. The rule of thumb for any open heart surgery is to not lift more the 10lbd for x number of weeks. After I had my dounble bypass I was lifting well more then 10lbs within the first week or two of being home. I mentioned it to my doctor when I saw him after a month of being home and hr said those rules are really more like suggestions and you just need to listen to your body. He sid if you're trying to do more then your body is ready for it will let you know pretty quick. Now mind you I'm not trying to encourage you to do more then you should. All I'm saying really is that those instructions are mostly written for people much older then you and in worse overall shape. One of the beneits of keeping in good shape ovr the years is that you'll tend to recover from surgeries fadter then average.
Yup - I've always been a fast healer - since being a man of action - and a very active boy before that has led to good blood circulation - so wounds tend to mend quickly -

- It's been one month now since the main open heart valve fix and bypass was done - when my chest was cracked open - then resealed - and that does seem to be healing rather well - it doesn't hurt much or at all when I cough rarely - but can hurt a bit if I sneeze - and the outside wound is all healed looking with a thin foot long scar - straight down my sternum -

Where they opened up a pocket/flap surgically - top of my left pectoral muscle - to install the pacemaker is still a bit sore - especially because just a week or so ago - it had to be reopened - a wire pulled out of the heart - and another secured in its place for the corrective surgery to happen -

I'm trying not to overextend particularly reaching movements - when some pain kicks in - telling me to 'watch out - this could tear a scar' - and staying away from food markets - where the normality of buying heavy goods and schlepping them home - could reopen part sealed wounds - so reversing the healing process - by leaving my backpack at home - and avoiding carrier bags to carry stuff in - when I go walkies - but its always a temptation - and hopefully won't be long before I can carry stuff for miles again - enjoying the weight of it on my back - and thru my legs as I walk - perhaps another month or so now - fingers crossed 🤞

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Yup - I've always been a fast healer - since being a man of action - and a very active boy before that has led to good blood circulation - so wounds tend to mend quickly -

- It's been one month now since the main open heart valve fix and bypass was done - when my chest was cracked open - then resealed - and that does seem to be healing rather well - it doesn't hurt much or at all when I cough rarely - but can hurt a bit if I sneeze - and the outside wound is all healed looking with a thin foot long scar - straight down my sternum -

Where they opened up a pocket/flap surgically - top of my left pectoral muscle - to install the pacemaker is still a bit sore - especially because just a week or so ago - it had to be reopened - a wire pulled out of the heart - and another secured in its place for the corrective surgery to happen -

I'm trying not to overextend particularly reaching movements - when some pain kicks in - telling me to 'watch out - this could tear a scar' - and staying away from food markets - where the normality of buying heavy goods and schlepping them home - could reopen part sealed wounds - so reversing the healing process - by leaving my backpack at home - and avoiding carrier bags to carry stuff in - when I go walkies - but its always a temptation - and hopefully won't be long before I can carry stuff for miles again - enjoying the weight of it on my back - and thru my legs as I walk - perhaps another month or so now - fingers crossed 🤞
Won't be long at all and you will have all that behind you.
👍🏾

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
For hand screening kieff
I build them out of these for flat screening I like a rotary tattoo machine with a cork over the needle to vibrate the mesh.

oldfogey8

Hello people who cook...I am doing a recipe with ground sausage meat, which is fried up with potatoes and red peppers and onions;

The recipe suggests boiling the potatoes for 5 min. before frying, this is my question...is it really necessary to boil the potatoes over just frying them/
Carmelized potatoes are delicious. I would fry them until they are browned then throw in the rest of the ingredients. I make a wicked cast iron fried/mashed potato side dish that winds up being the entree.

cola

For any of you knowledgeable computer people, I just realized that as of either yesterday or today my new computer(24/04/24) has my favorites from my old computer, how did this happen? I did not do anything to make this happen.

I am not sure if you use Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc. Personally, I avoid Edge (and Chrome) like the plague. They are all gleaning information from you to sell, "anonymized" or what-have-you. I don't trust any of em really. Must resist and fight the Borg!! The EU just sued Google for taking and using information that they gleaned from Chrome, when they said they couldn't and wouldn't do it! I actually never use Edge, though Microsoft has made a way that you cannot delete it like other browsers. Convenient, eh? I've never downloaded Chrome. Personally, I think that Firefox might be safest, but what do I know. If by favorites you mean your bookmarks, yes, they are transferable from device to device, if you sign in with your address. Like anything that can be a good thing, or a bad thing. GL figuring it out!

oldfogey8

My boy Zig finally got to play off leash with another dog today. He was the happiest I have seen him. The other dog is old and grouchy but Zig was gentle but provocative and got her to play. It was the first time my wife got to see him interact with another dog. She almost has PTSD from our last pup who was an asskicker so she was really happy to see Zig play like a dog should. Happy wife/pup-happy life.

oldfogey8

I am not sure if you use Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc. Personally, I avoid Edge (and Chrome) like the plague. They are all gleaning information from you to sell, "anonymized" or what-have-you. I don't trust any of em really - must resist and fight the Borg!! The EU just sued Google for taking and using information that they gleaned from Chrome, when they said they couldn't and wouldn't do it! I actually never use Edge, though Microsoft has make a way that you cannot delete it like other browsers. Convenient, eh? I've never downloaded Chrome. Personally, I think that Firefox might be safest, but what do I know. If by favorites you mean your bookmarks, yes, they are transferable from device to device, if you sign in with your address. Like anything that can be a good thing, or a bad thing. GL figuring it out!
Check out Brave. Firefox always gives me what I perceive as biased search results, Brave supposedly doesn’t collect info on your activity. The search function is a bit clunky though so I mainly use it for general surfing but if I need to search for something where I don’t care about bias(everything apolitical), I use Firefox. Fk Google and Edge.

oldfogey8

Here is how I dry sieve mine for the first cut:

View attachment 19003180 View attachment 19003181 View attachment 19003182 View attachment 19003183
Ingenious ingenuity. Repurposing a palm sander as a source of vibration is brilliant and consistency from batch to batch is likely rock solid compared to manual vibration.

cola

Check out Brave. Firefox always gives me what I perceive as biased search results, Brave supposedly doesn’t collect info on your activity. The search function is a bit clunky though so I mainly use it for general surfing but if I need to search for something where I don’t care about bias(everything apolitical), I use Firefox. Fk Google and Edge.

The key to Firefox is going in and personalizing the settings. Do not let them suggest anything. Kill all browsing history (there are Firefox add ons). And don't send them any information, anonymized or not. A much better experience that way. And I use duck duck go for searches. Similar results as google, without the tracking. Get rid of everything else other than allowing suggesting Bookmarks. And be aware that nearly every time there is an update, however, they will try to "revert" you back the way "they" want it. So you have to remember to go in and put them back your way. I tried Brave for a few days and discarded it pronto. It was way too clunky, and caveman for me.

Last edited:

cola

I've been wanting to ask this question for a bit now and here seems the perfect chance to do so.

I have been making my capsules from bud/ trim for years infused into coconut oil.
Since no longer consuming any vegetable oils, would tallow work as well?

Edit:
or... any animal fat for that matter :)

The closer to liquid at room temperature the greater and ease of solubility. So my college chemist mind sayz. :cool:

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
What was the lesson, Boo? Those look dang healthy and always keen to speed up the process. Got a link (here)? :D
I've always used a old fashion flouro and a T20 light...I was using so little light the cuts hardly survive...he told me to let them root in bright LED's...I keep the covered dome along with my regular veg plants, give them far more light and I see 100% rooting withing 7 days...

Unca Walt

420club
I’ve been scoping out my kitchen and found something that would work for a small amount. I do have a set of bags that I use for the dry ice kief that I watched a utube where they used the bags to make dry sieve too. Still the dry ice stuff looks a lot easier.
‘Thanks tons tho for your offer… it may have been my only chance to get something useful from joes place 🤪

this was my last kief session. I used Pute‘s recipe. It was the second time I made it. It wasn’t pretty and golden like his but we loved adding it to our smoke and tasty too. I added flower which made it way good-er so I’m adding flower again this time along with trim and popcorn
View attachment 19003238 View attachment 19003239 View attachment 19003240
O, my goodness! That is nuthin' short of epic! [bows]

Unca Walt

420club
I've always used a old fashion flouro and a T20 light...I was using so little light the cuts hardly survive...he told me to let them root in bright LED's...I keep the covered dome along with my regular veg plants, give them far more light and I see 100% rooting withing 7 days...
What a difference from a year ago; you had problems with problems on them and were about to chuck the whole thing.

Now, you got a fargin nursery going. And having fun.

It is obvious to me why I never had any success at all: It is the equivalent of someone sitting down in the pilot's seat of a jetliner and trying to get the plane running, taxiing, takeoff and flying... then landing safely at a destination -- all without knowledge of aircraft.

As a pilot, I consider that to be a fair comparison of me to youse guys.

Only it's my arse in your hands.

Unca Walt

420club
These buds were covered in frosty leaves. I just couldn’t trim them off, they were super frosty so I took a chance that the frosty part was gonna be good even tho the buds looked different than others I’ve grown. It smells a bit medicine like camphor or menthol like. You just reminded me to take some out for a test drive.
‘see how leafy the buds look?
‘I’m gonna put some on the tray to try it out tomorrow
View attachment 19003249
I think they look beeyootiful.