What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ha ha. I did this just to see how it will clean the jars. It did a wonderful job. If and when I ever really do this I will use the proper alcohol.

Just got back from my walk. Time to cut the grass.....
Extracting directly from kief, you don't have to worry about subzero extraction temperatures either. You can just boil or evaporate off the excess alcohol and water to get it down to 40%.
I have a bottle of 190 proof from making qwet in the past. I also have small bottles of it in the frig. It burns like crazy. Plus I am not that much on concentrates. I get as loaded as I want on flowers. I am a wuss I guess.
You can stop the burning by reducing the ethanol content.

Sipping whiskey is about 80 proof, so that means that the 190 proof can only be 40% of the mixture, with the balance cannabis essential oils. That is enough to still easily feed through a dropper bottle.

I used to add a dropper full of QWET tincture made from 190 proof to my morning Cappuccino, where it adds a nice flavor. I also used it sublingually without any more burn than whiskey.

oldmaninbc

I have a bottle of 190 proof from making qwet in the past. I also have small bottles of it in the frig. It burns like crazy. Plus I am not that much on concentrates. I get as loaded as I want on flowers. I am a wuss I guess.
I'll side with you...flowers serve me well.

I do wonder sometimes if an extract would mitigate chronic pain any more so than flowers, Some days pain can be unbearable, especially if I over do.

I use to work at an university in the chemistry dept. I was a warehouseman. We had thousands of chemicals, organic and inorganic. I would also dispense chemicals and lab equipment to students and professors. We had 197% ethanol, it came in 45gal drums. One taste of that stuff and you could swear you would burst into flames. At christmas time the whole chemistry dept would smell like ethanol, they would put it in coffee.

SubGirl

420club
I'll side with you...flowers serve me well.

I do wonder sometimes if an extract would mitigate chronic pain any more so than flowers, Some days pain can be unbearable, especially if I over do.

I use to work at a university in the chemistry dept. I was a warehouseman. We had thousands of chemicals, organic and inorganic. I would also dispense chemicals and lab equipment to students and professors. We had 197% ethanol, it came in 45gal drums. One taste of that stuff and you could swear you would burst into flames. At christmas time the whole chemistry dept would smell like ethanol, they would put it in coffee.
Some of the guys at the shipyard would check some out from the paint department every year at Christmas everyone that visited the rigger shack would be fuddup from the purple Jesus they made from it.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Iā€™ve only called two stores. I have not made a great effort to find it Iā€™m sure there is some around. I was just hoping my regular grocery stores would have it. Would love a large sifter tho
Here is a link to an article on building your own sieving frames and which has a link to sources for stainless and silk screen mesh:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As a former wine taster, I decided to taste 190 proof to see what it tasted like and noted a sweet taste before it suddenly felt like a hot coal on the tip of my tongue.

I spit it out and looked at the tip of my tongue in the mirror, to discover that it was desiccated badly enough to turn white like a flame scorch.

oldmaninbc

Some of the guys at the shipyard would check some out from the paint department every year at Christmas everyone that visited the rigger shack would be fuddup from the purple Jesus they made from it.
You sure had to add something to that kind of alcohol, very potent and extremely strong in taste. Hit stomach like an A bomb.

I haven't heard the words "purple jesus' in a long time. So I looked it up on AI, I was surprised to learn that high % alcohol and grape juice plus overindulgence led to colorful vomiting:)

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Good evening OFs. I hope you're all well.

The sun is setting here, I'm about to go have a few more hits on the SSV and watch some cartoons.

I've been listening to the MC5 today whilst working in the garden, shame my neighbours don't really appreciate it, but I bet they're all finding themselves tapping their toes whilst eating their cucumber sandwiches.

I'll take the tutting over the fence as a compliment then.

OleReynard

Here is a link to an article on building your own sieving frames and which has a link to sources for stainless and silk screen mesh:

Cheaper to buy from a place out of Canada.
2 x 2 frame sanded and thaned
I think its 120 screen, you can go to a silk screener and get the same stuff.
But I paid 9.99 for one already made plus shipping

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

Hello people who cook...I am doing a recipe with ground sausage meat, which is fried up with potatoes and red peppers and onions;

The recipe suggests boiling the potatoes for 5 min. before frying, this is my question...is it really necessary to boil the potatoes over just frying them/

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is how I dry sieve mine for the first cut:

Grinning Reaper.jpg
Float bottom.jpg
Inverted base.jpg
Yield2.jpg

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess Door County Wisc. The cherry's are gonna be a thing of the past only 2 orchards up there now.
Used to be cherry Capitol of the world
Looks like these are from the land of CA. Ours here in the land of OR are still a month or so out and choice.

Sadly our own Dwarf Cherry tree was damaged so badly by a windstorm that we had to take it the rest of the way down.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Extracting directly from kief, you don't have to worry about subzero extraction temperatures either. You can just boil or evaporate off the excess alcohol and water to get it down to 40%.

You can stop the burning by reducing the ethanol content.

Sipping whiskey is about 80 proof, so that means that the 190 proof can only be 40% of the mixture, with the balance cannabis essential oils. That is enough to still easily feed through a dropper bottle.

I used to add a dropper full of QWET tincture made from 190 proof to my morning Cappuccino, where it adds a nice flavor. I also used it sublingually without any more burn than whiskey.
You are the master and am amazed at your skills and knowledge.
I could use a pain killer right now. My back has been holding up pretty good since the last procedure but I over did it a bit today. Good thing is is almost beer thirty. All these years and I still enjoy having a smoke.