What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

Looks like a gold mine to me brother! Those are trichomes stuck to the jar, which could be easily harvested using alcohol and turned into orals, topicals, dabs, or suppositories.

Isopropyl as a good way to extract economically and good for making concentrates as long as it is subsequently removed below 40 ppm.

Less critical for purging, though more expensive due to taxes, is 190 proof ethanol, which doesn't require as stringent a purge and enough residual can be left to make a tincture.

You could do one jar at a time and cascade the same alcohol until it reaches saturation.
Is there a very simple method for taking ISO below 40ppm?

Unca Walt

420club
The major pain point on my back just suddenly switched off Tuesday at 10:00 WHEW, almost exactly 8 days.... That helps a bunch. Now if the constant low-grade fever would get done, I'd feel almost human again. Waking up at 02:00 soaked in sweat every night is getting damned old. Shower, toss the sheets in the washer and set in the chair until the rest of the world comes alive.

Moving the road show to the mountain cabin today as that is much closer to the LifeStream blood draw sites in Riverside and San Bernadino. 1st draw Thursday, next the following Monday then Thursday again. That gets us 3 pints of the 4 requested by the surgical team. We can still get in one more within 72 hours of the procedure so the 4th should be doable.

Thank God for LifeStream. The Red Cross is next to useless for autologous blood donation without a month's long lead time just for the paperwork end. We've literally had to teach the surgical team and the hospital the process as they didn't have a clue. We don't get this request very often.

Living through the AID's era where the blood supply was in question might be why I'm so hot on donating my own where possible. Since I didn't take the COVID "jabs".

@BrassNwood -- I sentcha a humor article I wrote for a magazine years ago regarding donating yer own gore.

It's in the Conversation thing becuz I don't want to piss off folks with bandwidth.

Unca Walt

420club
I'll give you that the 20% more water in 150 proof than 190 proof makes less difference extracting trichomes than leaf and flowers, though you still have to boil it off later for many applications.

Only because there are less non target water soluble constituents like Chlorophyll present in Kief than there is in leaf and flowers and you are cooking off the excess water.

Concentrated Chlorophyll gives a fair number of brothers and sisters severe gastric distress taken orally. It and other water-solubles also add to the harshness when vaporizing.

Topically it stains your skin and clothes green.

What worked best for us all around, was 190/200 proof alcohol at about -50C so that it doesn't extract the water solubles and extracts very little of the molecules longer than C-22, like C-28 waxes, C-40 Carotene, C-55 Chlorophyll.
Buncha fargin scientists.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
So a question.....how fk'ed up is fk'ed up enough. I did experiment with all the advice you all gave.....used alcohol, strained it on a few jars and now I have this gob of guke!

My question and remark is....I get myself so loaded on flowers and sipping vokka every night I stagger to bed. So if I dig into the goop I will really be fk'ed up!

So....how loaded is loaded enough???

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So a question.....how fk'ed up is fk'ed up enough. I did experiment with all the advice you all gave.....used alcohol, strained it on a few jars and now I have this gob of guke!

My question and remark is....I get myself so loaded on flowers and sipping vokka every night I stagger to bed. So if I dig into the goop I will really be fk'ed up!

What alcohol did you extract it with?

Magu🌈

If you are “able” to ask that question, you aint fk’ed up enough! 🤣

SubGirl

420club
this was the High School that I went to

STrawberry Alarm Clock was the opening act

we smoked a joint in the head before the show

pretty sure this was a scheduled pep rally cause I do not recall having to buy a ticket , maybe cause I was on the basketball team and it was mandatory for all the players to attend pep rallies

Do you see yourself in the crowd pics? Remember where you sat?

SubGirl

420club

Grain alcohol?

oldmaninbc

If you decarboxylate the extract in a 250F hot vegetable oil bath, it will be below 40 ppm.

Cannabis Home Sciences demonstrates some other home processes you can use at home to further clean and purify Iso extracts: https://www.cannabishomesciences.com/documentation/rxce-home-page
Thank you, forgot I book marked home sciences the other day.

I have been cleaning out my electric grinder for years, hash like build up, add some ISO clean the grinder, save liquid. I don't have a lot maybe a pint but it is a very dark liquid. I hate to throw it away because it must be very rich in psychoactive goodies. On the other hand, I don't wish to toxify myself anymore than I am

SubGirl

420club
I'll give you that the 20% more water in 150 proof than 190 proof makes less difference extracting trichomes than leaf and flowers, though you still have to boil it off later for many applications.

Only because there are less non target water soluble constituents like Chlorophyll present in Kief than there is in leaf and flowers and you are cooking off the excess water.

Concentrated Chlorophyll gives a fair number of brothers and sisters severe gastric distress taken orally. It and other water-solubles also add to the harshness when vaporizing.

Topically it stains your skin and clothes green.

What worked best for us all around, was 190/200 proof alcohol at about -50C so that it doesn't extract the water solubles and extracts very little of the molecules longer than C-22, like C-28 waxes, C-40 Carotene, C-55 Chlorophyll.
IMG_2716.gif

imiubu

If you decarboxylate the extract in a 250F hot vegetable oil bath, it will be below 40 ppm.

Cannabis Home Sciences demonstrates some other home processes you can use at home to further clean and purify Iso extracts: https://www.cannabishomesciences.com/documentation/rxce-home-page

I've been wanting to ask this question for a bit now and here seems the perfect chance to do so.

I have been making my capsules from bud/ trim for years infused into coconut oil.
Since no longer consuming any vegetable oils, would tallow work as well?

Edit:
or... any animal fat for that matter :)

BrassNwood

Veteran
In truth any "Fat" works and if not using Coconut oil my choice is rendered bacon fat from that jar the wife keeps on the back of the stove. It'll just take about twice as long for the ride to start. 90 / 120 minutes vs 45 minutes for coconut oil.

Most all cooking oils are long chain triglycerides and need 45 minutes in the stomach with bile from the pancreas to breakdown enough to move on to the Liver.

Coconut (MCT) being medium chain slips through the stomach with no need for that initial start of digestion.

At least this is how I've experienced the difference in oils. I had to stop using the bacon fat hashy's as you can't have just one. You let just one dissolve in the mouth and your doomed. DOOMED !!!!!!

I'll have another please.