What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

I tried smoking meat once or twice but everytime the rolling papers would get messed up from the meat juice before I could get the darn thing rolled up. :biggrin:

On a serious note, I too have a smoker or two collecting dust in the garage not so much from being unable to get them to work properly but more from them being a PITA to clean up and they take so long. Rhe main thing I've learned about smoking meant is that slow and steady wins the race.

I purchased this book a few years back, hoping to roll my joints a bit better and now I can make a dovetail.

DSCF1282.JPG

My smoker is easy to clean, I use sand in there as a heat deflector, so I just scrape the top off that when it gets dripped on.
I just can't seem to get my meat cooked through enough. I may need to get up at 2am to light the thing. I always have to pop the meat in the oven to just finish up.

It's one of these...

oldmaninbc

I was just getting ready to call the grocery to see if they had dry ice to do a run myself today. That is beautiful and golden 🥰

mine will be kief and not so beautiful gold as your dry sift.
They sell dry ice in the grocery store?

Back in the 60s I got some dry ice and was going to put it in with some inferior weed because it was suppose to enhance the quality. I had a lab flask, put the weed in plus dry ice. Then I decided to seal it tight (big mistake). Not realizing the ice turns to gas, I held the flask up to my ear to hear if it was leaking. The flask blew apart because of pressure, I was lucky no damage to my head.

oldmaninbc

Here's a bit of fun going back to the early 1970's - SLADE - with lead singer Noddy Holder - who many thought had the greatest Rock and Roll voice ever - SLADE - were HUGE in UK and Europe - but never really had a go at the USA -

Another big SLADE hit -
Mama Weer All Crazee Now!

I recall a friend of mine from Vancouver going to a Slade concert, Slade was a little more than I can handle, not quite into the head banging music. He said he really enjoyed the concert.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I purchased this book a few years back, hoping to roll my joints a bit better and now I can make a dovetail.

View attachment 19002080

My smoker is easy to clean, I use sand in there as a heat deflector, so I just scrape the top off that when it gets dripped on.
I just can't seem to get my meat cooked through enough. I may need to get up at 2am to light the thing. I always have to pop the meat in the oven to just finish up.

It's one of these...

I have one very similar. What I mostly used mine for was the Thanksgiving Turkey. I tried the whole Turkey Frier thing but they're an accident waiting to happen, IMHO. What I eventually learned was that if I wanted the Turkey done close to when I wanted to serve it, I needed to get it going just as the sun was rising. My experience taught me that they generally take longer then the estimated times that are mentioned in the directions they come with. Didn't help any that I was usually trying to use them on birds weighing 25lbs or so. I basically just kept using a meat thermometer and I kept it going until I reached the proper Temp (around 170 degrees F I think). It definitely requires patience but when it's done it tastes so good and the meat just falls off the bone.

SubGirl

420club
They sell dry ice in the grocery store?

Back in the 60s I got some dry ice and was going to put it in with some inferior weed because it was suppose to enhance the quality. I had a lab flask, put the weed in plus dry ice. Then I decided to seal it tight (big mistake). Not realizing the ice turns to gas, I held the flask up to my ear to hear if it was leaking. The flask blew apart because of pressure, I was lucky no damage to my head.
They do sell it at the two stores I shop at but they are out sometimes like today both of them.
I try to be careful when using it I crack a window not good to breathe the fumes

lucky you, don’t do that again…

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Well in fairness when another member pushes the right buttons (and they usually know which buttons they are) even a civil minded member can lose their cool and fire back inappropriately. Not mmeaning to cross lines but just losing their cool momentarily. The trick is learning to recognize when someone is deliberately trying to push those buttons and just not give them the response they're hoping to get. Now I'll admit that I've not always been a perfect angel and have at times been goaded into responding inappropriately but fortunately not so badly to be block but just bad enough to be warned by a moderator that I'm headed into the dangerzone. :biggrin:

Ya - it's been over 20 years now I've had to be admin/moderator - and referee over many disputes between growers/breeders/members and other mods and admins - and even I have been sorely tested - trying to make the right decision for the common good of the site and its members - ain't so easy sometimes -

- Still it can be a challenge - and to someone - you always end up being the bad guy - because you have to try and diplomatically resolve a situation - that invariably has to punish or censor one entity - at least - sometimes its both 😉 members - or a whole bunch of members that need to get sanctioned somehow -

But I do understand if a generally good member in good standing has a bad day - and is baited by some troll - or is in pain physically or mentally - and goes off the rails for a while - then we have to moderate with a softly-softly touch - and understand that it's probably just a one off crisis situation - so try to not get too heavy with the ban hammer - and just give them a few days off to compose themselves -

Magu🌈

This should work out great, I have an imaginary button on the side of my head, it's called the ignore button. I"LL push it.
What was thinking about, damn that button works good, the older I get the better the button works.
Honestly, I apologize for these stupid posts. Im touching something when I scroll down and it wont let me out until I post something. I have no computer skills. 🥵

HempKat

Veteran
Ya - it's been over 20 years now I've had to be admin/moderator - and referee over many disputes between growers/breeders/members and other mods and admins - and even I have been sorely tested - trying to make the right decision for the common good of the site and its members - ain't so easy sometimes -

- Still it can be a challenge - and to someone - you always end up being the bad guy - because you have to try and diplomatically resolve a situation - that invariably has to punish or censor one entity - at least - sometimes its both 😉 members - or a whole bunch of members that need to get sanctioned somehow -

But I do understand if a generally good member in good standing has a bad day - and is baited by some troll - or is in pain physically or mentally - and goes off the rails for a while - then we have to moderate with a softly-softly touch - and understand that it's probably just a one off crisis situation - so try to not get too heavy with the ban hammer - and just give them a few days off to compose themselves -
Fortunately I've never had it go so far as requiing a ban, I do however have a vague memory or two of someone like UncleFish stack maybe deleting a message and or warning me to watch my language, if it wass ever anything more then that I was too stoned to notice. :kos:"Gee I could have sworn I posted something here earlier, I guess I was mistaken? " :biggrin:

HempKat

Veteran
Honestly, I apologize for these stupid posts. Im touching something when I scroll down and it wont let me out until I post something. I have no computer skills. 🥵
I'm not sure if this works on phones as I access this site on a PC but if you accidentally hit reply to a post you didn't mean to reply too you can solve it bu not clicking the reply button and deleting everything quoted in the reply. Gee I've heard of butt dialing but Butt posting? :biggrin: