What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
There were quite a few bands that made it real big in Europe and the UK - but didn't get much USA exposure - so its kinda fun from my perspective - to turn our American friends onto music that I grew up listening to many decades ago - and enjoyed immensely - but they probably never heard before - and can now discover today - after all these years 😀

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hi Gypsy, nice to hear you're home and running on mains power now.

We listen to a GlamRock radio show on a Saturday night... then I play more rock with a dash of glam...!!!
Slade make up quite a bit of what's played. I've had the honour of dealing with Noddy and pals a couple of times with my old job as a press photographer in the Midlands.

The lyrics to quite a few of those glam tunes are a bit wrong though. Grown men singing songs aimed at schoolgirls. :snap out of it:

But the 70s were a strange time... I was born. :whee:

Anyway, any of you OFs know a bit about smoking meat?
I've had a smoker for a couple of years and have tried a few things a few times, but it just seems to live in the shed for now as I can't quite get the knack.
I;m thinking of busting it out soon and doing some more cuts of cow on there.

Hope you're all having fun. I've been on the shovel terracing the slope out of the garden for the last 3 days. I'm fit to drop.
Well - back in the early 70's it was mostly school girls and school boys that bought most of the vinyl records - that made bands famous - such a difference compared to the ease of availability to music we have today - one of your mates would buy one 45 vinyl record - and sometimes let you borrow it - so long as you didn't scratch it up - and maybe you could hear it played on the radio too -

- so listened to some pirate radio stations like Radio Caroline and Radio Luxembourg - to be able to hear music that was outside the top 50 - different stuff - music that wasn't controlled by the big record companies etc -

oldmaninbc

Good morning members... yesterday was out with the wife on mothers day, the busiest outing in a year and a half for me. She heard from her 3 children, one from Boston, Houston and Scottsdale. My son wished her a happy mothers day from Mexico. The place we were going to for lunch along the lakeshore was taped of by the police . There was a good sized area blocked by police cruisers and the yellow crime scene tape. At 2 in the morning there was a targeted attack on someone/group not much details. Later that day someone died.
So we had to find an alternative place for lunch.

The plant nursery was packed to the hilt, the poor cashiers were going bonkers, trying to keep order. Have always been a fan of Columbine and found seeds from Columbine, brought in France.

Got some strawberry crepes for dessert last night, they were made with fresh cream. Delicious!

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Most certainly HempKat - you have been one of the more balanced and exemplary members here for a very long time now - obviously understanding where the invisible lines of civility are - and are not - when engaging other members - it makes my job easier to have members that understand that - and leads to a more harmonious website overall -

What always irks me - is having to take sides - and having to discipline members constantly - because I'd rather they understood what civil discourse was in the first place - so not stepping over that line into mundane profane expletives and invective - due to some emotional slight or other generally -

- It don't cost 'nothin to be a polite and decent person -
Well in fairness when another member pushes the right buttons (and they usually know which buttons they are) even a civil minded member can lose their cool and fire back inappropriately. Not mmeaning to cross lines but just losing their cool momentarily. The trick is learning to recognize when someone is deliberately trying to push those buttons and just not give them the response they're hoping to get. Now I'll admit that I've not always been a perfect angel and have at times been goaded into responding inappropriately but fortunately not so badly to be block but just bad enough to be warned by a moderator that I'm headed into the dangerzone. :biggrin:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I hired a housekeeper every two weeks for extra points.
Hard for me to hire a housekeeper while growing inside the house. Besides Mrs Pute doesn't like strangers in the house. So, in many cases I am Mr Mom....

c64eb9c88fe2101afb7e82ae6b7f25d9.gif

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Well in fairness when another member pushes the right buttons (and they usually know which buttons they are) even a civil minded member can lose their cool and fire back inappropriately. Not mmeaning to cross lines but just losing their cool momentarily. The trick is learning to recognize when someone is deliberately trying to push those buttons and just not give them the response they're hoping to get. Now I'll admit that I've not always been a perfect angel and have at times been goaded into responding inappropriately but fortunately not so badly to be block but just bad enough to be warned by a moderator that I'm headed into the dangerzone. :biggrin:

Love this thread because we are all friends here. Actually love the fact that Gypsy hangs out here. No need to say why.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user

Great song and fit in well with TOP GUN!! I actually liked the sequel better.

oldmaninbc

Well - back in the early 70's it was mostly school girls and school boys that bought most of the vinyl records - that made bands famous - such a difference compared to the ease of availability to music we have today - one of your mates would buy one 45 vinyl record - and sometimes let you borrow it - so long as you didn't scratch it up - and maybe you could hear it played on the radio too -

- so listened to some pirate radio stations like Radio Caroline and Radio Luxembourg - to be able to hear music that was outside the top 50 - different stuff - music that wasn't controlled by the big record companies etc -
OH YEAH...the first FM radio station out of Toronto, playing music that was not heard on AM radio.
The very first song played was about someone smuggling marijuana out of Mexico disguised as rope.

Morning Gypsy , all is well and glad to be back home?
I bet your enjoying your freedom to move about and make some plans. Trying your best to not overdo things, but not just sitting on your butt either.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hard for me to hire a housekeeper while growing inside the house. Besides Mrs Pute doesn't like strangers in the house. So, in many cases I am Mr Mom....

c64eb9c88fe2101afb7e82ae6b7f25d9.gif
Having me do housework was Grayfox's first choice too but was happy with housekeepers in the absence of that option.

You would need the right housekeepers........ Both of the housekeepers had been working for us fifteen years when I told them I was going to start growing, processing and formulating medical cannabis. They decided that it didn't bother them. That was seventeen years ago.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Hi Gypsy, nice to hear you're home and running on mains power now.

We listen to a GlamRock radio show on a Saturday night... then I play more rock with a dash of glam...!!!
Slade make up quite a bit of what's played. I've had the honour of dealing with Noddy and pals a couple of times with my old job as a press photographer in the Midlands.

The lyrics to quite a few of those glam tunes are a bit wrong though. Grown men singing songs aimed at schoolgirls. :snap out of it:

But the 70s were a strange time... I was born. :whee:

Anyway, any of you OFs know a bit about smoking meat?
I've had a smoker for a couple of years and have tried a few things a few times, but it just seems to live in the shed for now as I can't quite get the knack.
I;m thinking of busting it out soon and doing some more cuts of cow on there.

Hope you're all having fun. I've been on the shovel terracing the slope out of the garden for the last 3 days. I'm fit to drop.
I tried smoking meat once or twice but everytime the rolling papers would get messed up from the meat juice before I could get the darn thing rolled up. :biggrin:

On a serious note, I too have a smoker or two collecting dust in the garage not so much from being unable to get them to work properly but more from them being a PITA to clean up and they take so long. The main thing I've learned about smoking meat is that slow and steady wins the race.

Last edited:

Goldhedge

This sounds like the technique cops use when pulling you over. They purposely goad using tone of voice, or accusatory verbiage.

The key is to do as you said... recognizing it.

It's OK i guess.
The lakes didn't freeze up like they should've so winter sucked.
Fishing ain't picked up yet, other than that forced to invent shit to do.
Only thing nice about retirement is you don't have a time table on shit.
I forget what day it is...

Latest posts

Latest posts