What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

BubbasPlace

I actually tried growing in 1 gallon pots for the first time my last grow. I had planned to grow three plants in 7 gallon pots. One of the plants took forever to show sex and in the last minute after turning them on to flower he showed his sex. This was a healthy plant already filled out nice and about 2 ft tall. I removed him from the tent so I had some room in there so I decided to put three young clones from the trim in my other tent in its place. They got put in the flower much younger than I normally start flower. The three little 1 gallon pots needed a bit more attention, sometimes daily water/food depending on how much they drank. The three pots yielded a bit more than a single plant would have taking up the same amount of space. I was surprised that the colas were real nice. And the tent did not get any more crowded than it would have with just one plant. Because we have a plant limit here, it’s not smart for me to plan it that way but it seems I always go over a bit taking in strays in my tent. If we had no plant limit I would try 9 1 gallon plants in my 2x4 starting flower younger to see what kinda yield I would get. I’ll bet it would be more and I would have harvest much quicker than normal. I think @BubbasPlace grows in 1 gallon pots with luck sometimes.
Seems like I remember a "Dixie Cup Challenge" on the old site? That's cute, but 1 gallon for any sort of yield,I think it was more of a stunt than serious attempt at yield of course!

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Mornin'.
GM5KwTyWkAE8TZP.jpg

cola

I guess the question begs that if it was alive in this german soldier who obviously was not consuming this Escherichia coli bacterium from an outside source, how did it stay alive there in his gut? Obviously he already had an established colony in his gut without taking any type of supplement. It appears to make sense that if it was colonized in him, that it can be so in you and me. Is 30 days of taking this daily enough to colonize this? I'd bet that the prescribed dose is set below that threshold. Increase the dose. Colonize. Discontinue. And the flora and you live on happily ever after!

It is of mportance to remember that Escherichia coli strain Nissle 1917 is a probiotic. A healthy gut flora bacterium.
The "prescribed" dose is the dose stated to be baseline effective, obviously not the stated dose needed to colonize this flora. Certainly doubling the dose, or even tripling it, in order to establish a gut colony should not hurt anyone. The best way is to try it. Order a 30 day supply, and take 3X or 4X dose until it is gone. That's what I intend to do. The manufacturer obviously would like you to continue buying it ad nauseam, rather than having it colonized in your gut.

Last edited:

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Interesting tidbit of information, in recent years they've come a long way in understanding the gut micro biohm, I mean beyong that it represents 2/3rd of your immune system and aides you in breaking down the foods you eat and that there are good microbes and bad microbes. One of the more recent discoveries is that they've learned that the microbial life living in your gut actually has the ability to communicate with the brain. The reason we crave sugary sweet stuff and why it's so hard to quit is that one of the bad types of microbes in your gut loves sugar and it thrives off the stuff, so it constantly sends signals to the brain causing you to crave sweets. They've discovered that if you can kill off that particular bad microbe or just the bad microbes in general and replace them with good microbes, the cravings will stop and quiting sugar is fairly easy. That's why it feels like an addiction when you try to stop eating sugar, those bad microbes are starving and start bombarding your brain with cravings for sugary stuff. If you can stick to it long enough the bad microbes die off and the cravings stop. Not unlike addiction with withdraw that goes away once you're clean long enough.

someone told me there are more receptors in the gut than the brain

there is a lot more to saying follow your gut instincts than meets the eye

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I'm trying out the Lemon Betty x Triangle kush...almost cured all the way, down to about 67-68%. Taste is evolving. Spicy notes in there, almost a burn, several Kush notes, citrus and sweet fruit, but still changing...

Bubba
How was the yield. I just harvested yesterday. I smoked som yesterday from a previous grow. Good stuff..... A little light on the yield ..... For me any way.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning to the old farts it looks glorious out there :)
IMG_2935.jpeg

God save the child that rings that bell
It may have one good ring, baby, you can't tell
One watch by night, one watch by day
If you get confused, listen to the music play
Some come to laugh their past away
Some come to make it just one more day
Whichever way your pleasure tends
If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Pulled a Original Chemdog last night to rest in 48 hrs of dark before I harvest. Would liked to have let her go a couple more days but she started to herm on me.

Problem I am having these days is if I try and let a plant go longer than 10 weeks nanners start popping out.

This plant was 68 days in....trichs were turning amber but still needed a few more days for my liking....gotta do what ya gotta do!

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pulled a Original Chemdog last night to rest in 48 hrs of dark before I harvest. Would liked to have let her go a couple more days but she started to herm on me.

Problem I am having these days is if I try and let a plant go longer than 10 weeks nanners start popping out.

This plant was 68 days in....trichs were turning amber but still needed a few more days for my liking....gotta do what ya gotta do!
where are the pictures? :cool:

Latest posts

Latest posts