What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I was in the "infirmary" an extra five (5) days. And, that was the second time around.
My problem was the surgeon too. Definitely skilled, but apparently none too careful.
A little frightening to realize you are unconscious, and under the knife, and know not.
Fortunately we are both mobile now again, and out of the confines of prison too, lol. (y)
For sure - our freedoms are taken for granted - until a jail door is slammed in your face - for the first time - then freedom is something you realize can be taken away from you - so suddenly has much value - and becomes something that you long for - grieve for - and aim for - to be free again -

Luckily - I have never needed a surgical procedure behind bars - other than having a broken nose re-set - so I think myself lucky -

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Took me nearly 2 years to finally kick the sugar.
Do not crave it any longer, thankfully.

There is a quote that I'll paraphrase:
It matters not the addiction,
Whether it be Jack Daniels or Jack in the Box,
The brain chemicals are the same.

With the information I have currently, I think
that sugars, esp. refined sugars are the most
toxic and addicting substance on earth.

I am most definitely a sugar addict so abstinence
is my best route to not become addicted again.

Best to you, it is a struggle indeed.
Interesting tidbit of information, in recent years they've come a long way in understanding the gut micro biohm, I mean beyong that it represents 2/3rd of your immune system and aides you in breaking down the foods you eat and that there are good microbes and bad microbes. One of the more recent discoveries is that they've learned that the microbial life living in your gut actually has the ability to communicate with the brain. The reason we crave sugary sweet stuff and why it's so hard to quit is that one of the bad types of microbes in your gut loves sugar and it thrives off the stuff, so it constantly sends signals to the brain causing you to crave sweets. They've discovered that if you can kill off that particular bad microbe or just the bad microbes in general and replace them with good microbes, the cravings will stop and quiting sugar is fairly easy. That's why it feels like an addiction when you try to stop eating sugar, those bad microbes are starving and start bombarding your brain with cravings for sugary stuff. If you can stick to it long enough the bad microbes die off and the cravings stop. Not unlike addiction with withdraw that goes away once you're clean long enough.

Last edited:

cola

For sure - our freedoms are taken for granted - until a jail door is slammed in your face - for the first time - then freedom is something you realize can be taken away from you - so suddenly has much value - and becomes something that you long for - grieve for - and aim for - to be free again -

Luckily - I have never needed a surgical procedure behind bars - other than having a broken nose re-set - so I think myself lucky -

Guess I should clear up my "slang" a bit Gypsy. By "infirmary" I mean the confines of a conventional hospital.
Likewise my "prison" stay there was referring in the same way that you viewed your hospital room as a "jail".
I would shudder to think of the care one would get behind those walls. Hopefully we both never find out. :cautious:

Unca Walt

420club
it sure looks like one...vintage growing gear
Omigawd. I am SO the Old Farts Club Virgin. I wuz lookin' at what I could see of the thing, and having read the name of what it was being called...

...I naturally concluded it might be some kind of old Rave lightshow device that flashed and turned.

It's a fargin grow light. (climbs under his school desk again):sick:

exoticrobotic

They've discovered that if you can kill off that particular bad microbe or just the bad microbes in general and replace them with good microbes, the cravings will stop and quiting sugar is fairly easy.

Mornin' :D

i've been trying Escherichia coli strain Nissle 1917 for human gut health otherwise known as· Mutaflor for the last 3 weeks.

It's a stomach microbe that was discovered in a 'stubbornly healthy' WW1 German soldier in 1917 after his entire squad came down with dysentery and he was right as rain.

Unfortunately not available in the good ol' US of A due to over zealous fda influenced by behemothic pharmaceurical companies.

If it works let's ban it! 🤷‍♂️ 🤑

It's been rather good. My craving for sugar has almost dissappeared as has my craving for coffee although i still have a few throughout the day of course.

I no longer wake up gut churning at 3am

Farts have been let loose, shits come out like shit off a shovel.

Downside is i've lost almost a stone in weight.

❤️

cola

Mornin' :D

i've been trying Escherichia coli strain Nissle 1917 for human gut health otherwise known as· Mutaflor for the last 3 weeks.

It's a stomach microbe that was discovered in a 'stubbornly healthy' WW1 German soldier in 1917 after his entire squad came down with dysentery and he was right as rain.

Unfortunately not available in the good ol' US of A due to over zealous fda influenced by behemothic pharmaceurical companies.

If it works let's ban it! 🤷‍♂️ 🤑

It's been rather good. My craving for sugar has almost dissappeared as has my craving for coffee although i still have a few throughout the day of course.

I no longer wake up gut churning at 3am

Farts have been let loose, shits come out like shit off a shovel.

Downside is i've lost almost a stone in weight.

❤️

Well - A quick google type search shows shipping availabilty to both the US and Canada.
Apparently for proper results the product should arrive cool, and they will not guarantee it.
Not cheap - price shows about eighty dollars US plus fifty shipping for a 30 day total supply.
Sounds best to order this in the early spring or late fall - 6 months order to save on shipping.
Have not read anywhere how long this lives in the gut. Maybe a 30 day supply would be enuf?

exoticrobotic

Yeah, it is expensive and has to arrive cold and be stored in the fridge so needs to arrive in 2 days.

I've tried a lot of probiotics, this is the only one that has managed to stop my incessant trapped wind and sugar cravings.

Maybe a 30 day supply would be enuf?

i think the company that has a patent on the strain advises 30 days one a day then a maintenance dose of 1 a week after.

It's apparently a good non pharmaceutical equivalent to first line ulcerative colitus meds like sulfasalazine.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes - it's all behind me now - I'm a FREE MAN - away from the hospital - that was becoming more like a jail to me every day they kept me there - 8 days in all - for a 45 minute corrective surgical procedure - to rewire my heart ❤️ - to be able to control and monitor it - so that it doesn't suddenly attack me - and then I have to go to the wild blue yonder - waaay before my time 💙 -

It would have been perfect - if the surgeons had got it right the first time - but they had to do it over again - due to not paying it the proper attention needed the first time around - and so far so good - looks like they finally got it right - because although I'm a bit sore - I'm fully functional - and all my other bits are working adequately - and I still have enough blood and oxygen pumping around within me - to walk at a good clip - and write in a legible way -

Walking out of St Thomas's Hospital on a fine sunny day - 😎 with my good son by my side - to Waterloo Station - to ride the train leaving platform 3 to Surbiton - where I walked the mile home - without having to stop - under the warmth and glare of the late afternoon sun - breathing easy - and feeling like I'm a part of this world again - and will be around - for some time to come 😀 - which is nice - very nice indeed -
Whooop, whoop, awhoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Pardy, pardy, pardy!!!

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good Satryrday morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Another double gaugus day starting at 57F and predicted to reach 86F.

I picked up some more potting soil, EMT tubing for stakes, and another tomato cage yesterday, as well as getting the vegetable garden cleared and ready to plant but held off putting the plants into the ground because it was so hard and dry despite ongoing daily showers, they didn't drop that much water. I wet it for three hours with a soaker hose and will try again today.

imiubu

Now a song from the ex-Dr Feelgood axeman Wilko Johnson -
'Marijuana' -

Happy to hear that you are now home and can (finally) begin recovery in earnest <3

I had never heard this song and found it a delightful toe tapper to begin this
dark, dreary, wet and rainy morning. Forecast predicts it will remain this way
for the entirety of the day :( This tune really did help to lift my spirits :)