What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

420club
Back from the talent show. It was super cute and some of those kids had real talent. Singing dancing piano violin drums gymnastics poetry even a comedian
my Granddaughter was in her glory up on the stage.
IMG_9981.jpeg

BrassNwood

Veteran
My writing has been eclectic. Technical books, historical novel, genealogy, mainstream novel, alternate history novel.

Several science fiction stories (no novels). Just for ancient-cy, here's one from my 50's High School days. <-- I no longer have the original, just the synopsis. Published in a newspaper in New Yawk.

Time travel is not impossible. Einstein showed that. It just takes too much energy. Character figures a way around that problem. Sets time jump for ten minutes just to test the machine. Works fine. He sees the earth recedind with burning eyes as he dies in space. Because 10 minutes ago, the earth was 6000 miles in a different place.

I doan wanna bog down this place with one of my SF stories... I accidentally found a sorta SF story I can send you in the Conversation thing.

You could drop the entire thing and a doubt anyone will complain I certainly won't and would love the distraction.. Send it if you feel the need to deprive the rest of the audience of your skillset.

Oh, I do not doubt it.
Over the last year I have eaten nothing pre processed and have made very intentional
choices with what I put into my body. I know I have less toxins now than in prior years.
I think in this day and age, it is impossible to avoid all.
Water, air, soil etc... is riddled with toxic shit and we'll never know all that's present.

Only recently did I begin smoking cigs again and I am kicking my arse for it.
Get as clean of a diet as I'm able then add carcinogens. Doh!
I've quit cold turkey before 2x's for many, many years each time.
I will do so again, because I know I can, sigh.

Simple. Are you mouse or....... Just say NO.

Not "I'll just finish the pack". Crush the damn thing. Take it outside and field strip the remaining ones to the bare filter scattering the tobacco to the wind and yard and scream "NOT ONE MORE".

Did 40 years of 2 packs a day lead to my current medical predicament? They sure didn't help my normal resting 91% oxy blood numbers.

I'm the first to understand the brutal addiction Nicotine has. It was more than a year before I stopped worshiping fallen cig butts in the gutter. Ohh look that one has 3 or drags left and omg that is a half a Cigarette. Damn sure worth picking up.

Dream of the god damned things. Get downwind of one and follow it like a bloodhound.

Think of each one as a nail in your Coffin and they start to take on a more sinister gleam.

Today has passed in relative comfort and minimal drugs to keep things tolerable. 2 aspirin and a hashy every 4 hours seems to be the sweet spot. The ugly purple reaching from wrist to mid forearm is less vivid.

The great news is. I CRAPPED. Not a huge log like it needed to be but I'll take what I can get. At least things moved if only a few inches.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
For Floriduh, it was a beautiful lady:
View attachment 19000377 Frances Langford
She brought in a bunch becuz she just loved them.

They are NOT considered an invasive species <-- this is because they have eased into the FL native wildlife world without causing ecological problems like pythons and Iguanas have.

I think they are beautiful and adorable. Somewhere, I have a photo of five of them on my roof. Cannot find it, dammit.

Late Edit Add: I have seen several white peacocks. Never a peahen. Scooter had a resident one that was white back when he had his prehistoric monster farm. Lemme dig...

AHA!! Found it -- BTW, he is not caged. He just liked it there by Scooter's barn. To the right is clear to the fargin horizon:
View attachment 19000390
i just googled her! what a doll
peafowl are not native to n.am but for the most part dont cause the destruction you see from other invasive species
we have populations here in so cal, but some people just dont like them
if i had my druthers there would be more birds and less people

so they can fly up onto your roof?

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
You could drop the entire thing and a doubt anyone will complain I certainly won't and would love the distraction.. Send it if you feel the need to deprive the rest of the audience of your skillset.

Simple. Are you mouse or....... Just say NO.

Not "I'll just finish the pack". Crush the damn thing. Take it outside and field strip the remaining ones to the bare filter scattering the tobacco to the wind and yard and scream "NOT ONE MORE".

Did 40 years of 2 packs a day lead to my current medical predicament? They sure didn't help my normal resting 91% oxy blood numbers.

I'm the first to understand the brutal addiction Nicotine has. It was more than a year before I stopped worshiping fallen cig butts in the gutter. Ohh look that one has 3 or drags left and omg that is a half a Cigarette. Damn sure worth picking up.

Dream of the god damned things. Get downwind of one and follow it like a bloodhound.

Think of each one as a nail in your Coffin and they start to take on a more sinister gleam.

Today has passed in relative comfort and minimal drugs to keep things tolerable. 2 aspirin and a hashy every 4 hours seems to be the sweet spot. The ugly purple reaching from wrist to mid forearm is less vivid.

The great news is. I CRAPPED. Not a huge log like it needed to be but I'll take what I can get. At least things moved if only a few inches.
I never smoked anything except marijuana. Just never into cigarettes. After reading your post I am glad. Hoping for the best.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Gypsy: I had a second major incision done to me not so very long ago so I can truly relate to botched work.
Doc's have a tough job though, as we both know. Fortunately it looks like my fix has worked. At least so far..
Really happy to hear that your outcome is now complete, and that your outook is equally good. Blue skies!
Yes - it's all behind me now - I'm a FREE MAN - away from the hospital - that was becoming more like a jail to me every day they kept me there - 8 days in all - for a 45 minute corrective surgical procedure - to rewire my heart ❤️ - to be able to control and monitor it - so that it doesn't suddenly attack me - and then I have to go to the wild blue yonder - waaay before my time 💙 -

It would have been perfect - if the surgeons had got it right the first time - but they had to do it over again - due to not paying it the proper attention needed the first time around - and so far so good - looks like they finally got it right - because although I'm a bit sore - I'm fully functional - and all my other bits are working adequately - and I still have enough blood and oxygen pumping around within me - to walk at a good clip - and write in a legible way -

Walking out of St Thomas's Hospital on a fine sunny day - 😎 with my good son by my side - to Waterloo Station - to ride the train leaving platform 3 to Surbiton - where I walked the mile home - without having to stop - under the warmth and glare of the late afternoon sun - breathing easy - and feeling like I'm a part of this world again - and will be around - for some time to come 😀 - which is nice - very nice indeed -

Last edited:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
There useta be a big family that lived with us. Lemme scrounge...

Here they are as teenagers... I have pics of them as babies, too.
View attachment 19000129

Here's their favorite sit-and-chat spot:
View attachment 19000131
In that pic above, mama is the green-necked one on the left. One of the four boys has gone off to see the world.

And here is the Family Breakup: The Mississippi Riverboat Gambler in the snow white outfit showed up, gazed upon Mama... and she left her sons forever. Caught on camera:
View attachment 19000133
Over time, a young, sexy-green peahen appeared in my driveway, and one of the three brothers ran off with her. That left the two bachelor brothers.

They are easily identifiable because the alpha peacock (Fancy Pants) now has a busted foot and limps. But still is the boss.
Just goes to show you ZZ Top was right, "They come runnin' just as fast as they can 'Cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed man" :biggrin:

cola

I do have something on my list that I am truly trying to tackle. Sugar.
I know it is bad for ya. Really nothing beneficial about it that I see.
But organic unrefined brown in my coffee. Quite the addiction, sigh.
First day today of no sugar in my java. Cookies after supper? We C ..

Welp, day one of my sugar free diet has come and gone.
I have to say that I missed it. The flavor, the effect, both.
Adds quite a boost to to the ol' skull cap with caffiene.
Part of it is blood related, part of it is fat related, too.
I'm no beast by any means, but I am not skinny either.
I know less weight and less sugar is truly the way to go.
As I recall the first day or two's hankering is the worst. :thinking:

cola

Took me nearly 2 years to finally kick the sugar.
Do not crave it any longer, thankfully.

There is a quote that I'll paraphrase:
It matters not the addiction,
Whether it be Jack Daniels or Jack in the Box,
The brain chemicals are the same.

With the information I have currently, I think
that sugars, esp. refined sugars are the most
toxic and addicting substance on earth.

I am most definitely a sugar addict so abstinence
is my best route to not become addicted again.

Best to you, it is a struggle indeed.

Thanks for the motivational post and the good advice.
And, of course you are correct. No addiction is good.
Sugar ranks right up there too. Watching kids is proof.
And of course the cure for any addiction is abstinence.
I have to say that I am none to happy with that. Oh well..

Cheers and best regards.

cola

Yes - it's all behind me now - I'm a FREE MAN - away from the hospital - that was becoming more like a jail to me every day they kept me there - 8 days in all - for a 45 minute corrective surgical procedure - to rewire my heart ❤️ - to be able to control and monitor it - so that it doesn't suddenly attack me - and then I have to go to the wild blue yonder - waaay before my time 💙 -

It would have been perfect - if the surgeons had got it right the first time - but they had to do it over again - due to not paying it the proper attention needed the first time around - and so far so good - looks like they finally got it right - because although I'm a bit sore - I'm fully functional - and all my other bits are working adequately - and I still have enough blood and oxygen pumping around within me - to walk at a good clip - and write in a legible way -

Walking out of St Thomas's Hospital on a fine sunny day - 😎 with my good son by my side - to Waterloo Station - to ride the train leaving platform 3 to Surbiton - where I walked the mile home - without having to stop - under the warmth and glare of the late afternoon sun - breathing easy - and feeling like I'm a part of this world again - and will be around - for some time to come 😀 - which is nice - very nice indeed -

I was in the "infirmary" an extra five (5) days. And, that was the second time around.
My problem was the surgeon too. Definitely skilled, but apparently none too careful.
A little frightening to realize you are unconscious, and under the knife, and know not.
Fortunately we are both mobile now again, and out of the confines of prison too, lol. (y)

Latest posts

Latest posts