What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

I would have to agree with you there - my life story is full of what most people - and myself would deem as pure - unmitigated - luck - for I have had ridiculously fortunate outcomes thru many death defying situations and experiences - as I look back - and start to reminisce -

Since being started on heavy painkilling medication - around 3 weeks ago now - my writing abilities have been somewhat stifled - just trying to keep the saliva in my mouth on fentanyl was difficult enough - then they put me on oxycodone - and violated me with 2 enemas within one day - causing my rear end such trauma - that the will to write much faded to nothing much - making me concentrate on how to repair a bloody arse -

- once they changed me down to morphine sulphate - there was a little inspiration to write again - but I soon realized that the words needed would easily escape me - and my psyche would be left clutching at the air - trying to catch the words - that made the sentences - but try as I might - even my usual strong will was smashed by some sort of attention deficit disorder - induced by the morphine - leading to me chasing these sentance making words - in an absolutely futile pursuit - trying to round them up and assemble them in any sort of cognitive order -

And finally - the pharmacists dropped me down to codeine - which initially I had high hopes about being able to write well on - just over a week ago - but alas the effects of the codeine - were not so far flung from the morphine - and so I still felt like a handicapped cowboy - trying to round up enough words to paint the oftentimes intricate pictures of my past loves ❤️ and lives - (like a cat there have been a few) -

- which brings us to today - when the nurse asked me if I would like to take my codeine tablet - and I made the sign of the cross - with my 2 index fingers and said - ' Begone Codeine! - Begone!' - and refused to take any more of the creativity stifling medication 💊 - she got the message - and said - ' I'll just pop the one gram of paracetamol in your meds for today then?' - and I agreed 👍
Sounds like you might be in for some withdrawl symptoms, not to the degree of an abuser but some withdrawl, feeling a little spaced out and not quite yourself.

Nice to see a family visit today:)

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I told my wife about this observation. She said she was reading a paper by the Massachusetts School Board Association that said 40% of students have diagnosed mental health conditions and 60%! of adults 18-35 do as well (which they attribute to parents dealing with children with mental health conditions). I am guessing the 40% number excludes the 3 in 10 children who are now confused about their gender (which would bring it up to 70%). Those numbers are End of Times-esque.

Greater body fat a risk factor for reduced thinking and memory ability​

Date: February 1, 2022 Source: McMaster University Summary: A new study has found that greater body fat is a risk factor for reduced cognitive function, such as processing speed, in adults. Even when the researchers took cardiovascular risk factors (such as diabetes or high blood pressure) or vascular brain injury into account, the association between body fat and lower cognitive scores remained. This suggests other not yet confirmed pathways that linked excess body fat to reduced cognitive function.

OleReynard

Late morning checking. Hope all are doing well. Bored out of my skull, no grow cause I can't get to it. Got two small buds left and then we will be dry. Was wanting to go back to work later this week, but that isn't going to happen. He'll when you can't get around. Doctors want me to retire, I don't want to but I got to do something. If I fo and they get me back on my feet I will have to be retired for a year to come out of it. I'm gonna go talk to the social security officer to see my options, and possibly file for ssdi. On ssi I supposed to be able to make $1800.00 a month but if you can't work then that is no good. Of course I have my days, some suck real bad, some I'm trying to keep my anger at bay but I do have some good day too, well the best they can be. Folks I'm not whining, I'm just letting yall know where I'm at, and doing the best I can.
Ya sound like me

imiubu

To save space and time, rather than replying to all who have replied to my post about
inconsiderate people allowing their animals to relieve themselves on their neighbors lawns,
I'll instead make one reply here.

I've considered posting a sign.
When I was in the shower, a thought to simply fill a ketchup type bottle
that squeezes with ammonia and as I walk by... spritz their bushes.
It is an evil thought and I won't do it of course. Sure lets off some
some frustrations to contemplate it however :)

I figure that for folks who are this inconsiderate, this is not the
only area of their lives to which they practice inconsiderateness.

Funny though... I am kitty sitting for a neighbor who is currently
in Spain. Well, poop scooping, feeding and watering the cat daily
+ watering plants wkly. Mr. Kitty will have nothing to do
with me so... I'm just the food/ pooper scooper person
to him lol.

The trip over is 3 blocks street wise. I will typically cut through
the co housing common area, cutting the trip down to less than a block.
Today some of the co house folks were in the common area prepping the
ground for planting. I stopped for a chat and the gal w/ the bush
peeing dog could not even look me in the eye.

I think what perturbs me most about these type of situations is that:
some how the person requesting that their property be respected
is the asshole!

I've been here just nigh of 15yrs. and most who have been here
for a while already know that I'm gonna say it as I see it and I
simply don't GAF what others think of me.
I don't tread upon you, and I only ask the same in return.

What I had intended to be a quick post has now turned into
a chapter of blathering haha.
My apologies, I'm cooped inside and don't wanna do chores ;)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Sounds like you might be in for some withdrawl symptoms, not to the degree of an abuser but some withdrawl, feeling a little spaced out and not quite yourself.

Nice to see a family visit today:)
Yes - a mild head ache this morning after not taking the codeine - is all I've really noticed that's perhaps detrimental to normal brain function - but with increased mental clarity - helping me be able to find the words to write with once again - after a 3 week hiatus - due to the pharmaceutical/chemical cosh which was necessary to avoid most of the open heart surgery pain - I'm now slowly coming out of that 'FOG' - with a little help from the paracetamol - which I will ditch - as soon as is sensibly possible -

Was good to see Leah and Sulu - (my wife and daughter) visiting me for a coupla hours - just now gone - they brought me some good coffee and juice - cheesy pie - flaky extra mature cheddar - and sliced apple 🍎 - plus Jacobs Cream Crackers - Mmmmm - and the boy will visit me on the morrow too!

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Yes - a mild head ache this morning after not taking the codeine - is all I've really noticed that's perhaps detrimental to normal brain function - but with increased mental clarity - helping me be able to find the words to write with once again - after a 3 week hiatus - due to the pharmaceutical/chemical cosh which was necessary to avoid most of the open heart surgery pain - I'm now slowly coming out of that 'FOG' - with a little help from the paracetamol - which I will ditch - as soon as is sensibly possible -

Was good to see Leah and Sulu - (my wife and daughter) visiting me for a coupla hours - just now gone - they brought me some good coffee and juice - cheesy pie - flaky extra mature cheddar - and sliced apple 🍎 - plus Jacobs Cream Crackers - Mmmmm - and the boy will visit me on the morrow too!

you are gonna gain weight if you don’t hurry up and get outta the horse-pital..🤡

oldmaninbc

I have been on morphine prescription since around 2010, I noticed when I had hernia surgery last week, the amount of pain meds used for the procedure and for post surgery, caused me to feel off after stopping the extra pain meds, even though I take morphine everyday.

The family visit and goodies to boot, I can imagine the smile on your face:)

imiubu

What is considered food (slop) in these 'Health Care' institutions
should be considered a crime against humanity.

We need animal proteins and fat to heal.
Not white bread, jello and puddings. WTF.
That crap will also add to brain fog.

Good to hear you are getting REAL food from home @Gypsy Nirvana.
Not only does it fill one's spirit, it will help to heal your body too.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
What is considered food (slop) in these 'Health Care' institutions
should be considered a crime against humanity.

We need animal proteins and fat to heal.
Not white bread, jello and puddings. WTF.
That crap will also add to brain fog.

Good to hear you are getting REAL food from home @Gypsy Nirvana.
Not only does it fill one's spirit, it will help to heal your body too.
10 years ago I was in one of the local shit hole hospitals for what was supposed to be a three day procedure. 19 days later, they wield me out with a gurney and left me at the curb. I remember a priest giving me my last rights before I left. When they wheeled me out the door, I noticed there was at least 45 meals in their little covered containers, sitting between the entrance door and the air lock door. They put me in a tuberculosis quarantine suite because I was less than cordial with the shitty staff that was trying to bother me , it took me eight years to get over the damage that was done and I was 128 pounds when they wheeled me out

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
you are gonna gain weight if you don’t hurry up and get outta the horse-pital..🤡
It shouldn't be so long now - before they let me go again - they should be able to fix the wire on the pacemaker on Tuesday - and if all is hunky-dory let me go home on Wednesday - I was weighed yesterday and had lost 7 kilos somewhere - since my weight was 87kg's - so I'm working on getting back to my usual weight of 95kg's (210lbs) - once I'm out of here - I can start walking 5 miles per day again - and that really helps me keep fit/focused and able -

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Greater body fat a risk factor for reduced thinking and memory ability​

Date: February 1, 2022 Source: McMaster University Summary: A new study has found that greater body fat is a risk factor for reduced cognitive function, such as processing speed, in adults. Even when the researchers took cardiovascular risk factors (such as diabetes or high blood pressure) or vascular brain injury into account, the association between body fat and lower cognitive scores remained. This suggests other not yet confirmed pathways that linked excess body fat to reduced cognitive function.
I wonder what my excuse is? got no body fat & I ain’t got no cognition either… .lol.. :Bolt:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It shouldn't be so long now - before they let me go again - they should be able to fix the wire on the pacemaker on Tuesday - and if all is hunky-dory let me go home on Wednesday - I was weighed yesterday and had lost 7 kilos somewhere - since my weight was 87kg's - so I'm working on getting back to my usual weight of 95kg's (210lbs) - once I'm out of here - I can start walking 5 miles per day again - and that really helps me keep fit/focused and able -
Good luck.. you must be so frustrated….😣

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Sad to hear about your kidney fiasco - sounds like human failure to me - people always seem to make mistakes - some more than others - and when our health - life or death is at stake - it becomes VERY 🙏 serious - as I have just experienced with the cardio team not doing the required due dilligence around my heart problem - here at St Thomas's Hospital

- and the real saving grace in the matter was the gadget sent thru the post to me - 2 days before I was told to readmit myself - that picked up the fact that a wire was in the wrong chamber from my pacemaker - and relayed this fact back to the team in St Thomas's Hospital -

- so bring on the ROBOTS! - because humans are fallible - and make mistakes - lol
The problem with robots though is they are built and programmed by humans. So what you want to do is wait until they get smart enough to build and program themselves but that's when they're supposed to start making terminators to wipe us humans out. :peek:

Latest posts

Latest posts