What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning venerable well aged brothers an sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Cloudy with drizzle today, starting at 45F and predicted to reach 54F.

Off to our great grand daughters first birthday party, where I'm the official photographer. I'll take two cameras and leave the 80D out for anyone who wants to take a picture, while I record the event with the 610D.

Unca Walt

420club
Morning Big and all!
I was wondering if you being prone to migraines has anything to do with the elevation where you live.
Lets also consult on Gypsy's chart and see if we can both figure it out.
@bigsur51 -- I gotta mention this: I asked Scooter about migraines when you mentioned it again. I described yours and the triggers you know about.

He says there are some people who will get migraines due to elevation.

You might want to plan with Swedie to get to the fargin lowlands. Scooter also says that recurrent migraines can lead to strokes.

ESPECIALLY to people over 50. <-- He tole me to stress that.

IMO, yer precious high plains are killin' ya.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
@bigsur51 -- I gotta mention this: I asked Scooter about migraines when you mentioned it again. I described yours and the triggers you know about.

You might want to plan with Swedie to get to the fargin lowlands. Scooter also says that recurrent migraines can lead to strokes.

Yes - could have something to do with Oxygen deprivation then - as higher elevations have less oxygen in the air -

When I was born - due to it being in a heavy late March rainshower - and the mid-wife only having a bicycle to get around on - and the fact that my Mum was birthing me in a tiny 2 berth caravan - in a very muddy field - the mid-wife couldn't get to my Mum in time for when I was ready to be delivered - complicated by the fact that the umbilical courd was strangling me - wrapped around my neck - as Mum tried to get me out of her - alone - which somehow she eventually did - just as the mid-wife showed up too - and I was told some years later that I was 'black and blue' in colour - and suffered from oxygen deprivation at birth - can't remember having any migraines though 😕 -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hopefully they will have a lessons learned with the hospital staff that should have caught this. The hospital went into my wrong kidney once even after they had 10 people sign off on the left kidney even the doc signing my left side arm with his initials, they still went into the right side. The swept it under the carpet and hid all their mistakes. I was pretty pissed as it takes a really long time to recover from it and it was not fun. I’m sorry they made this mistake and hope they at least learn from it for the next guy…
Sad to hear about your kidney fiasco - sounds like human failure to me - people always seem to make mistakes - some more than others - and when our health - life or death is at stake - it becomes VERY 🙏 serious - as I have just experienced with the cardio team not doing the required due dilligence around my heart problem - here at St Thomas's Hospital

- and the real saving grace in the matter was the gadget sent thru the post to me - 2 days before I was told to readmit myself - that picked up the fact that a wire was in the wrong chamber from my pacemaker - and relayed this fact back to the team in St Thomas's Hospital -

- so bring on the ROBOTS! - because humans are fallible - and make mistakes - lol

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club

as soon as I drink some coffee and get the sand out of my eyes and the fog outta my brain , I will reply to yer post..

need some caffeine foist…

IMG_8823.jpeg

Littleleaf

Veteran
Are there any girls around you don’t want pollinated by him?
‘it’s a beautiful plant with nice structure already. You did say it was good weed so there’s that…
They ALL are being violated this season....(neighbors too bwahaha) He's smack dab in the thick of them, 5 to the east 3 to the west in this patch.
I've decided to clone him and once a cut is rooted. Yank him. Flower 1 cut to see how he clusters and then decide if to use his spoog.

Other males should be in this bunch. Would like to let them fight it out in a cage match to decide who's the fittest.... selection will be scored by the size of their......clusters.

before transplant.jpg

Magu🌈

Yes - could have something to do with Oxygen deprivation then - as higher elevations have less oxygen in the air -

When I was born - due to it being in a heavy late March rainshower - and the mid-wife only having a bicycle to get around on - and the fact that my Mum was birthing me in a tiny 2 berth caravan - in a very muddy field - the mid-wife couldn't get to my Mum in time for when I was ready to be delivered - complicated by the fact that the umbilical courd was strangling me - wrapped around my neck - as Mum tried to get me out of her - alone - which somehow she eventually did - just as the mid-wife showed up too - and I was told some years later that I was 'black and blue' in colour - and suffered from oxygen deprivation at birth - can't remember having any migraines though 😕 -
@Gypsy Nirvana . You were born under a lucky star or something. It seems that you were a survivor from the very beginning. With all the cool things that you have done and seen in life, your book should be great ( if you ever sit down and write it. I aint gettin no younger, you know 🤬 ). Have fun with your family today and this time make sure they fix you right before you get in a hurry to go home. 🫣 🌈

Unca Walt

420club
Well - I was once offered Tiger Penis Soup - -
This triggered a memory from the Olden Days ^^^^^^^

I actually had some 100-year old soup (if you see any today, it is fake). Essentially all the hundreds of places with 100yr soup lost them as a result of WWII and the Japanese invasion. There is some in Indonesia that are 45 years old or so.

But 60 or so years ago, I had been invited to one of the places that the soup had survived WWII shortages and disruption. It was good soup, and no doubt there were a few molecules in my bowl of the original starter patch from back in the 1800's (Ching Dynasty).

Hah. There I go with the Yale Romanization. Now, to make the "ch" sound, they use a fargin Q. As in Qing Dynasty. <--Go figure.

LATE EDIT ADD: To use the pinyin logic, I could raise some qickens. And some qildren while I am at it. Qoose wisely qerubs. Buy some qeese. Fly in to a hot LZ in a qopper...

Last edited:

oldfogey8

My 2nd son came out looking purplish. He was late by about 2 weeks and large got a newborn at 10 lbs 2 oz. I asked if he was ok given he was purple. The nurse said he was stained with meconium. I asked what that was. She chuckled and said baby poop.