What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Unca Walt

420club
My Uncle Max used to shoot with Fats in Chicago at pool tournaments.
Both the Marsh boys Max and Tom both excellent in pool
Did I tell you the story of how I beat Minnesota Fats in an exhibition 9-Ball game? I have the cue-ball to this day.

There was a grand opening of some dept store and they had a table set up. I showed up with an acquaintance to see what was going on just as Fats said he needed someone from the audience to play him.

Everybody was waving, and I just stepped through the ropes and picked up a pool cue. He turned, startled, and said, "Looks like we have a volunteer! You want to go first?"

I knew I was dead if I broke them, so I said:

"You break."

"Then you don't get to shoot!"

The crowd roared with laughter while my sperm curdled. Fats crashed the rack -- balls went absolutely everywhere. But in.

My turn now. Firm lip, chin up, bowels dissolving... I saw an easy shot and took it. Shot another. I was not planning on the next shot each time, just shooting to get it in and then go see where the cue ball was. Lining up on a third ball...

"THIS GUY IS A STRAAAAAIIGHT SHOOTER!"

I looked at him, and he took out an enormous handkerchief and blew his nose. This made his belly rise up a full six inches and drop down again. <-- To the applause of the crowd.

Now that I was fully concentrated, somehow I got the fourth ball in. Then missed.

Fats clearly felt like he needed to show who's who and Bob's yer uncle, so bingety-bang-pock-crack-zing in about thirty seconds, there was the last ball slap in front of a corner pocket with the cue ball about eight inches away.

Instead of simply sinking it straightaway, he did a three-bank shot to the far end and back. It hit the eight ball in.

And then the cue ball followed it. I won.

I distinctly heard Fats say, "Shit!"

But the crowd saw it as a masterful finish: No balls left on the table.

My acquaintance (later a screw in a prison) joined the crowd clustering around Fats -- and without my knowledge, palmed the cue ball out of the corner pocket.

He handed it to me in the parking lot. It still has the blue marks on it.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I got mine for about $110. Had to be shipped because the commies that run Massachusetts only allow certain types of vape devices and for some reason, dry herb vapes are not approved. Smash and grab? No rules enforced there but God forbid you try to run a business…
Great price for a good vape and wtf is up with that legalize?

Ehhh - Nope - just a pacemaker - followed by some plug-in gadget - that talks to the pacemaker - and can relay statistics about me heart ❤️ to a cardiologist -
I am pretty afraid of socialized medicine after hearing about some of the experiences suffered by those who are subjected to it.
Better than no medical by far but doesn't make me want to vote for it.
Have you tried a suppository?

Boofing it seeems so.............unnecessary?
😆
Or is that the social way to do it now?
🙃
Kind of like a enema bar or maybe added into that experience somehow.
🤔

Unca Walt

420club
Ehhh - Nope - just a pacemaker - followed by some plug-in gadget - that talks to the pacemaker - and can relay statistics about me heart ❤️ to a cardiologist -
Now I don't want you to get nervous, but I gotta tellya I own shares in the company that makes the plug-in gadget.

That said, I may be tattling... but we can now control you with signals we send to the pacemaker. If you have a sudden craving for cheese, or want a ride on the Underground to Picadilly... now you know why.

Just sayin'. 😵‍💫

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
For many, there is a day when a pack of smokes is no longer worth it.
I quit many years ago 1987 Apr13th, funny how I remember that day. My spouse who was a fairly heavy user of tobacco had to quit after second bout with pneumonia that landed her in intensive care and almost died on me. The doctor said she would not be so lucky the next time.

Sorry that your getting pain that's making life difficult.
Well - looking back - I was born and immediately around the Old Holborn rolling tobacco - since rolling 'baccy' - was my Dad's lifetime hobby - (he lived to be 81) - and so it became mine too - the familiar scent of that brand has permeated my life ever since - mostly mixed with hash or 'erb for over half a century now - but since my lungs are still in relatively good shape - so says the doctors and the x-rays - I'm not gonna tempt fate - and take this already 3 week abstention from it 😀 - to totally quit - and so set a better example to my kids and myself - and save a whole lotta wonga - in the process - since current prices are pushing £1 per gram -
Yeah you can work your way up to light weight training, at the gym they called it circuit weight training and even though you were lifting weights it was consdered aerobic.
I've been what I call 'super-setting' - when weight training these last 3 years - usually alternating push then pull exercises - without much if any rest between sets - so keeping my heart rate up - and benefiting from the cardio effects of consistent exercise - whilst also pumping the muscles with higher repetition push/pull technique - using more bodyweight than metal free weights lately -

Back in the 90's I used to teach circuit training and boxercise classes - amongst many others - and found this way of gaining fitness and strength at the same time - very effective -

jokerman

Premium user
Around two years ago I to come home with a halter monitor for 30 days.
A small electronic device which snapped into a holder ,held in place with glue.
I show my Honey, She asks a question and I say let me find out.
I touch the monitor and ask the monitor the question .
She did not believe me .
I then said the Dr. wanted me to be active in a normal day to day activity wise.
I said the Dr. wanted me to have martial relations no more than three times but no less than twice a week.
Didn't believe that either.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Okay as I was reading some of the entries for the memory contest a few came to mind from those days that I didn't see anyone post like:
The Cisco Kid (with his sidekick Poncho)
Flipper
It's About Time (about two astronauts that travel faster then the speed of light and eend up back on earth in pre-historic times)
Tobor The 8th Man (old cartoon adapted from an old Japanese Anime called 8 Man, Tobor is Robot spelled backwards)
Astro Boy (another Japanese Anime that made it to the US, a robot in boy form)
Speed Racer
Dark Shadows (Soap Opera Vampire show)
Rod Serling's Night Gallery
The original Batman (with Adam West)
The Green Hornet (with Bruce Lee as Kato)
Longstreet (a blind insurance investigator which had an episode or two with Bruce Lee)
Kung Fu
Perry Mason
FBI
Rat Patrol
The Rifleman
Rawhide (where I first saw Clint Eastwood)
Gunsmoke
Voyage To The Bottom of the Sea
Time Tunnel
Lost In Space

and so many others

oldfogey8

Great price for a good vape and wtf is up with that legalize?
Massachusetts is weird. A ‘Republican’ governor shutdown tobacco vape shops 5 or 6 years ago when kids were buying bootleg vape carts online and getting ‘popcorn lung’. Screwed over many small biz owners in the process. Then they banned all flavored tobacco. For a ‘blue’ state, it sure is friendly with big donors as opposed to small business owners. You can’t smoke menthol cigs but you can get body parts removed from your child. I hate the so-called leaders here…

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Okay as I was reading some of the entries for the memory contest a few came to mind from those days that I didn't see anyone post like:
The Cisco Kid (with his sidekick Poncho)
Flipper
It's About Time (about two astronauts that travel faster then the speed of light and eend up back on earth in pre-historic times)
Tobor The 8th Man (old cartoon adapted from an old Japanese Anime called 8 Man, Tobor is Robot spelled backwards)
Astro Boy (another Japanese Anime that made it to the US, a robot in boy form)
Speed Racer
Dark Shadows (Soap Opera Vampire show)
Rod Serling's Night Gallery
The original Batman (with Adam West)
The Green Hornet (with Bruce Lee as Kato)
Longstreet (a blind insurance investigator which had an episode or two with Bruce Lee)
Kung Fu
Perry Mason
FBI
Rat Patrol
The Rifleman
Rawhide (where I first saw Clint Eastwood)
Gunsmoke
Voyage To The Bottom of the Sea
Time Tunnel
Lost In Space

and so many others
Damn you are both old and wise but your memory is still functioning much better than our supreme leader.....

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i dont get this vape shit but maybe im just an old fart
but what is in the liquid you are smoking? and is it toxic long term
/there is no real science on this shit but i dont want a popcorn lung thats for sure
i just know you could see a pack of kids and they smelled like a bakery!
/freaking cookie flavored vapes? cakes and shuff like that?!

but its all a part of taking away your rights, wtf do i care if you smoke menthol cigarettes or some e liquid that smells like perfume
thats your health not mine

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i dont get this vape shit but maybe im just an old fart
but what is in the liquid you are smoking? and is it toxic long term
/there is no real science on this shit but i dont want a popcorn lung thats for sure
i just know you could see a pack of kids and they smelled like a bakery!
/freaking cookie flavored vapes? cakes and shuff like that?!

but its all a part of taking away your rights, wtf do i care if you smoke menthol cigarettes or some e liquid that smells like perfume
thats your health not mine
The diluent used in the vape carts vary, but recently they were using Vitamin E Acetate for that purpose and gave a bunch of folks lipid pneumonia, some of who died.

Sold by a rascal that some of ya'll may remember as Drew Jones, aka Mr Extractor, aka Connoisseur Concentrates.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The andy mayberry show barney fife?

Ok, can't leave Gypsy out of all this tv talk, anyone remember the Carry On comedy movies
Oŵw - naturaluramundo - Sid James and Barbara Windsor - amongst many other 60's British comedy stars - who can forget titles such as 'Carry On - Up the Keibor' - or ' Carry On Doctor' - 'Carry On Nurse' - etc - yadda-yadda

BubbasPlace

I first remember Captain Kangaroo b4 heading off to Kindergarten.

Does anyone remember the name of the show with the character El Kabong?

Taking this advice on this glorious morning. Us old gals are on our way out for walkies.

Hoping all y'all old farts have a most enjoyable day.

Was it a horse dressed like Zorro but hit people over the head with a guitar? I can still here the ka bong noise. Most of this old stuff is on YouTube.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
The diluent used in the vape carts vary, but recently they were using Vitamin E Acetate for that purpose and gave a bunch of folks lipid pneumonia, some of who died.

Sold by a rascal that some of ya'll may remember as Drew Jones, aka Mr Extractor, aka Connoisseur Concentrates.
so it there a prefered dilute? like one that conveys potency and flavor, plus wont gget you sick?
im seriously curious about this
a friend gave me a vape pen recently, it was one of those disposalable ones
i asked about refilling it but he said to just chuck it
it was ok