What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

experienced

Hey! Am I allowed to join?

I 'm old enuf. Honest.

I 'm so old my 2 great grand daughters just got their periods.

(I hope you are really Old Farts who are too mature to make jokes about periods.)

I was 16 when John Kennedy was killed. Mopar had just released a model here called 'Valiant'. It had this revolutionary motor ... a slant 6. 145hp.

I even used to be a Hippie ... !

Chi13

ICMag Donor
That makes me feel young, @experienced. I was 2 months old when Kennedy was assassinated.
My best friend had a Valiant AP6 I think it was with a slant 6. An ancient car by the time we were driving. Those old Valiants were built like a tank. First time I experienced 100MPH in that thing.

Last edited:

kaochiu

Veteran
Every put anything sweet in them?
something sweet on Yorkshire pudding? :eek: That would make headlines in the tabloids.The maximum variation is putting an extra egg in the mix, and that would raise many eyebrows. Maybe in Scotland they deep fry them in batter. Once I roasted a chicken for my ex wife parents, with a lemon inside. Years later they still remembered it, as it was the most exotic thing they ever tried.

Unca Walt

420club
Yeah, that plant is WW & skunk. It had all big buds no popcorn unlike the sweet tart plant I’m trimming now. It was short with about 25 colas 6-8 inches each. Everything under that went to the kief bin.
@SubGirl -- I actually started laughing halfway through that Speaking In Tongues bit above. Gawd bless ya.

"WW & Skunk" <-- I immediately thought: Old West Railroad name.

"all big buds no popcorn" <-- I saw one huge bud... but the only "popcorn" I've ever heard of in 80+ years is a ceiling surface or exploded corn. Until this moanin.

"the sweet tart plant I'm trimming now" <-- Honest to Pete, I thought at first there was an edible involved.

By then, I was just lost as fargin usual around alla youse scientists and yer sciency woids.

Might have sumpin' to do with my acrasia. More likely, it's my rhathymia. I bow to you guys' scibility.

But that is one humongumous bud, no error! I envy you; my black thumb sucks.

Unca Walt

420club
I was 16 when John Kennedy was killed. Mopar had just released a model here called 'Valiant'.
Back when I lived on a mountaintop in a trailer with two little boys and the Beautiful Witch, I had a pus-green 1960 Valiant I'd bought for $100. Had to use a pickaxe to get the passenger door open the first time.

My oldest son (6) looked at it from the back and named it "The Worry Car" because of the peculiar look. Push-button transmission.

Unca Walt

420club
And I made it home - mostly under my own steam - walked the 10 minute walk in 15 mins - from St Thomas's Hospital - to Waterloo Station - with my wife and daughter - by my side
Gypsy: Back when I was a wide-eyed young engineer, I scored a business trip (with my Beautiful Witch along with me) to England. We landed at Sooperdoop Airplane Patch Out In The Woods and got to Waterloo Station.

Then and there I fell in love with the Brits. Herself and I were typical tourists, looking up at the huge glass roof of the station in awe. We had nothing like it in the Colonies, d'ysee...

...When a nice, middle-aged lady stops and says to us:

"Hello. Do you see that differently colored gloss up tha? Those two pieces were knocked down by a German bomb. They landed right on a pram over theah. Luckily, nothing but nappies were in the pram."

Here I wuz, not two minnits in Londinium, and already I had my first war story. Told with a flawless Cheltenham accent.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Cloudy with rain here, starting at 43F and predicted to reach 55F.

My daughter fixed tacos for dinner last night, off to the gym this morning, and we will be sightseeing today.

oldfogey8

Here you go, SubGirl. I have been making this recipe forever . . .

Yorkshire Pudding:

1 cup flour
½ tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk

Crank the oven to 450. When it hits temp, put in muffin tins (12 cups total) with 1 tbsp of oil or pan drippings in each cup. Don’t use too much or it may spill over as the pud cooks.

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl & mix the wet in another.

Gradually pour the wet into the dry mixing it with a power beater on medium. When you are done mixing, the muffin tins should be smoking slightly. Quickly pour about ½” of batter into 11 of them. Not 12, only 11. Put them back in the oven for about 12 minutes.

Turn temp down to 350 & continue cooking another 8 – 10 minutes until puffed & browned.

Your oven might be messy so clean the bottom when it cools.

Variations: You can add a third egg if you wish. I do.
My mom used to make Yorkshire pudding in a baking dish but the best parts were always the edge pieces because that was where the puffed up, browned parts were. The muffin tin is a boss level upgrade. Have a defibrillator on hand though. 😂

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club

I 'm old enuf. Honest.

(I hope you are really Old Farts who are too mature to make jokes about periods.)

I was 16 when John Kennedy was killed. Mopar had just released a model here called 'Valiant'. It had this revolutionary motor ... a slant 6. 145hp.

hello experienced and welcome aboard

two g-grandkids!..congratulations!…

not to many jokes around here about periods…unless one is missed which causes a lot of temporary excitement

i just found out the other day that I will be a great grampa for the third time and I don’t know if I will laugh or cry

have some coffee

IMG_8797.jpeg

SubGirl

420club
@SubGirl -- I actually started laughing halfway through that Speaking In Tongues bit above. Gawd bless ya.

"WW & Skunk" <-- I immediately thought: Old West Railroad name.

"all big buds no popcorn" <-- I saw one huge bud... but the only "popcorn" I've ever heard of in 80+ years is a ceiling surface or exploded corn. Until this moanin.

"the sweet tart plant I'm trimming now" <-- Honest to Pete, I thought at first there was an edible involved.

By then, I was just lost as fargin usual around alla youse scientists and yer sciency woids.

Might have sumpin' to do with my acrasia. More likely, it's my rhathymia. I bow to you guys' scibility.

But that is one humongumous bud, no error! I envy you; my black thumb sucks.
🤣😂🤣. I just got that acrasia like you. Glad we can relate 😁😁😁 Have a great day Walt 💕

jokerman

Premium user

I 'm old enuf. Honest.

You need to fill out a application, give a complete list of the meds you take so we can discuss and advise.
It would help if you were good at bingo and dancing☝️
Welcome😊