What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
Right?
Wtf is that and what do you do with it?
😆
If I asked my buddies the same question, they certainly would tell me where to put it😊
He gained a pound a day last week and is now 60.6 at 17 weeks.
I can see him growing day by day and its something to see.

Hard to be coordinated when your whole body changes daily.
😆
Super nice to wake up and see some good news and I think that gets everyone home now?
😍
Im enjoyin seein him grow!

imiubu

Have you considered starting a YouTube channel if you haven't already. There are or at least were quite a few channels featuring Dumpster Diving and quite a few viewers that enjoy following those channels. Not only could you save stuff to give to people in need but you could also earn a living from it.
YT is where I watch various DD's and is how I began doing some myself.

Short answer is NO, I do not want to become a YT content creator for various reasons.

IF, If, if... I might decide so in the future, it would be one that does free yard/ property clean ups :)
Editing is the biggest 'no' reason, as I have no interest nor desire for.

On line reselling peeked my interest for a short time until I realized what all is involved.
NOPE... creating listings... yawn. haha

Not wanting to 'work' full time to show others what I am up to is another.
I've always been the foot soldier, working and supporting from behind the scenes.
I do not want any acknowledgements nor accolades for the community projects
I'm involved with.
I do these things due to my convictions and to create stronger community.

I've recently fully retired and do not want the things I do for hobby/ enjoyment etc...
to become a full time job. Really takes the fun out of it for me.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
It does seem like we’re fighting the same issue. Do you have any thoughts on if the buds that are trimmed but still on the plant will ripen further in the flower tent or am I just wishful thinking?
Three factors I consider to harvest a plant are trichomes, color of pistils and overall aspect of the plant. If the plants seems to be dying, I believe it's time. Even with a couple of white trichs and pistils. Personally, overall aspect is the most important IME.
Good luck !!! 👍

jokerman

Premium user
1714317249719.png

jokerman

Premium user
A Mexican woodpecker and a Canadian woodpecker were in Mexico arguing about which place had the toughest trees. The Mexican woodpecker claimed Mexico had a tree that no woodpecker could peck. The Canadian woodpecker accepted his challenge and promptly pecked a hole in the tree with no problem. The Mexican woodpecker was amazed. The Canadian woodpecker then challenged the Mexican woodpecker to peck a tree in Canada that was absolutely 'impeckable' (a term frequently used by woodpeckers ). The Mexican woodpecker expressed confidence that he could do it and accepted the challenge. The two flew to Canada where the Mexican woodpecker successfully pecked the so-called 'impeckable' tree almost without breaking a sweat. Both woodpeckers were now terribly confused. How is it that the Canadian woodpecker was able to peck the Mexican tree, and the Mexican woodpecker was able to peck the Canadian tree, yet neither was able to peck the tree in their own country? After much woodpecker pondering, they both came to the same conclusion: Apparently, your pecker gets harder when you're away from home

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
YT is where I watch various DD's and is how I began doing some myself.

Short answer is NO, I do not want to become a YT content creator for various reasons.

IF, If, if... I might decide so in the future, it would be one that does free yard/ property clean ups :)
Editing is the biggest 'no' reason, as I have no interest nor desire for.

On line reselling peeked my interest for a short time until I realized what all is involved.
NOPE... creating listings... yawn. haha

Not wanting to 'work' full time to show others what I am up to is another.
I've always been the foot soldier, working and supporting from behind the scenes.
I do not want any acknowledgements nor accolades for the community projects
I'm involved with.
I do these things due to my convictions and to create stronger community.

I've recently fully retired and do not want the things I do for hobby/ enjoyment etc...
to become a full time job. Really takes the fun out of it for me.
No problem, it was just a suggestion, I mainly mentioned it because since the pandemic so many business went under or moved to an online model and the majority of the businesses that remain have started using compactors (as a way to prevent dumpster diving because of the mess many dumpster divers left behind) such that the pickings in many dumpsters have virtually vanished forcing the YouTube channels that were once popular to either shut down or change to some other form of content. It sounded like in your area the pickings were still very good and if you persued it you could likely get lots of viewers quickly because there are those who enjoy that content that aren't getting their fix.

I'm actually friends wth a couple that has a fairly successful YouTube channel that started as Dumpster Diving but they've now more or less gave up on that and are doing more of a Homesteading thing for their content. They have about 60,000 followers that still beg for them to go dumpster diving again. They give it a try now and then but it usually ends up being a waste of time whereas before they used to find all sorts of cool stuff on a near daily bassis. BTW when it comes to food in the dumpster you have to be super careful about that, especially when the food looks perfectly okay. Often food products get thrown out because it was recalled for Food Poisoning and the like.

Last edited:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Yes - things are - 'Com'in Up 🌹 Roses' - again - for this old Gypsy - the hospital administration has just told me that I am free to leave - I CAN GO HOME!!!! - my wife was just on her way to visit me with my daughter - so now instead - the can TAKE ME HOME!!!! - when the arrive - in about one hour - The chest x-ray was CLEAR! - no nasty pools of fluid were seen - so I'm GOOD TO GO HOME!!!!
I'm not going to say wonderful news until you're actually home due to the previous 3 or 4 false alarms. :biggrin:

oldfogey8

It does seem like we’re fighting the same issue. Do you have any thoughts on if the buds that are trimmed but still on the plant will ripen further in the flower tent or am I just wishful thinking?
I chopped one of my non-ripening plants this morning. Some leaves were looking bronze and dry. After trimming, I kinda wish I had let it go a while longer. The sugar leaves were mostly healthy. The rootball looked healthy. I guess I will have some more daytime bud and wait on the others to get some nighttime buds.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Gotta go to the fly shop for some orange ostrich. Need it to tie a Duster! One of my go to flies but I don't have it in the right color.

Doing everything I can to match the size and color of those flathead orange minnows the lake owner put in the lake last fall!

I spoke with him yesterday and said they got devoured by the bass over the winter.....

I will use a fly rod with a couple of spinner fisherman....I will kick there ass!