What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Ive got a massive Alien #4 girl in a homemade smart pot. Shes pushing 14 ft.. I will get some pics as soon as the heli activity calms down. Not going near the forest right now. Anyone else having issues with fly overs yet this season? We've got CAP, and the black chopper eradication Nazis out and about.

Are you in northern Cali?

Bud-Boy

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
2012-09-07125526.jpg

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Super legit Bud-Boy. Something about large outdoor plants and females, makes you wonder if heaven could get any better.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
BT has not been very effective at cats....they still manage to chew up a little bit of the nug, then whats worse is that theres a dead caterpiller in the nugs! i knew that it only worked after they hatched and hits their digestive system, but i didnt think they could eat so much before dying...it is working because i find dead cats sometimes on the leaves. i mixed in neem oil with my sprays as well and it doesnt seem to be doing anything...

need to find a way to PREVENT moths from even landing. gonna buy commercial mothballs from china in bulk and hang them all over the trellis next year...and gonna do earlier sprays with neem and spinosad to make the plants smell bad..we have those electric bug zappers but they leave a blue hue in the garden not sure if this will affect light cycle negatively..

they are always going after the fruity strains...dieselberry is getting hit HARD by them. whats weird is that there isnt a SINGLE cat on the Sour Bubbles or LVPK...its like they dont like the smell of kush...

FUCK CATERPILLARS. when i find a fat one that has destroyed a 20 dollar top cola i skewer his insides out and let him bake on a rock in his own guts, worthless piece of shit.

OldRod

@ Yes4Prop215,

Dont know how you apply BT but even in my garden its a lot of job.
I do not spray plants but open each bud to spray.
Caterpillar are mostly inside of bud, need 10-15 min at
least for one plant. For 5kg plant I believe its 30min to hour.

I use sprayer like this
sometimes when I spray caterpillar got blown away out of bud.
However, BT should be used at preflowering to 15 days before harvest, not when caterpillar was seen.
air-compression-sprayer-dx13b2000ml-258.jpg

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
Sup everyone! here is some super sticky Super Lemon Haze lady that I can't wait to smoke! she sure is stinky....

Here is an unknown female that came from my random seed pack.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^yea we started hitting them early...did a round in week 1-2 of flower when the nugs were small...then @ week 3-4 did a combo of einstein and BT, but by then it was too late. the moths had already landed.

the main thing about BT is that it takes up to 2 days for it to actually KILL the fuckers...so by then the cat has already eatin through a nice cola...and then it dies stuck inside the cola. sometimes i get lucky and the dead cat will be sitting on the fan leaf and you just brush them off....at least it is working because alot of the cats i find are dead....

id like to stay OMRI so any preventives that would prevent the moths from being attracted to the plants? gonna hit them hard with neem oils and mothballs so they stay clear from the garden next year...

does anyone know if the blue light from a bug zapper affects light cycle of outdoor plants?

plants are coming through strong though! dieselberrys are so frosty and fruity, the sour bubbles and kush have filled in nice and fat....the only bad strain = COOKIES lol....super small nugs and not finishing as early as i would have thought..

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^ thanks for the link. those wasps look like fruit flies or something...we actually have some crazy wasps in the garden, they are elongated black ones that hover in the air and then attack flying insects, they have been battlings the bees that get attracted to our compost reservoir...definately gonna get some of those trich eggs.

also i visited 2 neighbors down in the flatlands (im @ 3k ft elevation)...and NONE have moth problems. they didnt spray anything either...zero signs of cat damage. they had spider mites which i would glady trade caterpillers for any day of the week...mites barely do shit compared to these cabbage loopers. its still not even 10% of the crop, probably less than 5%, agriculture always gotta expect losses... still got alot of tops shining just HATE seeing nugs get destroyed like this...

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
anybody have comments on their pruning, topping methods etc?

I have to give in and say after this year with my progression as a grower I need to com to terms with the fact that 10' tall plants with multiple toppings is not an efficient way to grow. Its effecient on a yield per plant basis, but to much stress worrying about breaking branches and blow downs. IN my geurilla grow I haven't ever used wire netting or hotinova or anything else...

I need to decide to keep going with massive bushes and add Western style supports, or go back to christmas trees and plant more to make up for smaller plant size. Tough call.

I really like those "Mainlining" plants posted in another thread. Props to the inventor of that tech and thanks to the OP for sharing.

PEace

m4n

Was sprayin azamax early june,switched to bt end of june early July...been sprayin spinosad up til last week and.hit again with bt...now back to spinosad for another week then start harvesting end of dept til middle of oct....no cats yet...and i was sprayin everyweek...early in the moring really drenchin them turban quick spray around 5 pm...couple of my friends planats in the area already got hit and they werent sprayin at all...I

anybody have comments on their pruning, topping methods etc?

I have to give in and say after this year with my progression as a grower I need to com to terms with the fact that 10' tall plants with multiple toppings is not an efficient way to grow. Its effecient on a yield per plant basis, but to much stress worrying about breaking branches and blow downs. IN my geurilla grow I haven't ever used wire netting or hotinova or anything else...

I need to decide to keep going with massive bushes and add Western style supports, or go back to christmas trees and plant more to make up for smaller plant size. Tough call.

I really like those "Mainlining" plants posted in another thread. Props to the inventor of that tech and thanks to the OP for sharing.

PEace

I think topping and LST is the way to go.

in my 5 years growing I have noticed that as long as your keep an even canopy, and keep the innner/underdress of the plant cleaned of growth, your plants will become bushes as long as they have the right environment and love.

One thing to avoid when topping huge bushes, is creating a V shape where the stem goes from 1 to 2 stems, all the weight will snap the plants at those V's.

Next year all my bushes will look likes this
9f8937a8.jpg

c45bdd1d.jpg

65d777e0.jpg

Here's what she looked like earlier in the year.
958948e7.jpg

c3b78c6d.jpg

growbig789

the mainlining, training, lst, etc produces some nice looking plants as seen above, good ones budologist :)

but the question is... is it worth all the extra work when these guys grow the huge globes already without having to top at all? I lst/train my little indoor plants and feel it can have an advantage there... but outside? either way looks like a win by the pics tho..

odkin

Budologist- that is some of the most controlled growth on a plant that I have seen. The results speak for themselves!

Can you describe briefly how you achieve that shape when they are starters?

odkin

Budologist- apologies, but I searched 'mainlining' and found your thread. Now to sit down with a coffee for some interesting reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts