What's new

The GrindHouse Outdoors 2008

Ickis

Veteran
Went to check a patch of Blue Sonja today and give them some flowering ferts. Also was checking for any mold and there wasn't a speck to be found. I did give them all a good precautionary spraying of GreenCure.

It looks like I have 2 plants that have the purple stems. They are the 2 biggest ones. All the phenos are starting to really flower now. You can see how they are going to fill in the entire lengths of the stems. These are going to be awesome.

Enjoy!

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They're coming along nicely

They're coming along nicely

I love it when Mother Nature does her thing... its such a pity more growers can't take advantage of her.

Love the corn field grow....AWESOME STUFF. Nature is a cruel mistress but she can be so rewarding. She's been handing me hurricanes this season....

Ickis

Veteran
Johnny I don't think anything helps with hurricane troubles. I hope you are dry and safe and get some buds inside.

Ickis

Veteran
Here is an update on some of the Prophets. The one had a couple big side limbs broke off by deer. They were knocking down corn and earing it and probably just banged into the limbs or whatever and they bent and died. There are still plenty of buds left. The fattest ones are like a baseball bat barrel and very dense. Crystals and resin a plenty for sure. They are bending a bit from the weight of the colas but they are well staked. The weight has shortened them some but they are still an easy 9 feet.

The trichs are 90% cloudy with 5% clear and 5% amber. I just waiting for them to stop filling in but they seem to be adding bud weight still. Do they have a period near the end where the buds will make a nice jump in size steele? Or is it slow and steady until the end?

There isn't any mold problems either. I'm liking these plants a lot.

Purkle

I wouldnt want you to jump the gun but its gotta be tough to not pull that beauty with all the dark trics. Good job!! K+

G

guest3854

Ickis , firstly , sorry to hear 'bout tha broken limbs . Bummer , but looks like you have a positive attitude 'bout it .... good deal . Tha prophet finishes in 'bout 80 days and yes , she is more of a slow an' steady gal , packing weight late in tha game . It is a superior Bubba cross though , Aeric sayin' one of tha females he found ; after a good cure , could stand up against tha Chem D . Very promising .... Judging by tha pics , tha girls are getting wonderful treatment , tha environment is blessing 'em ....

Thanks ,
Steele

Ickis

Veteran
I harvested a big Blue Sonja today. It was in major hunting grounds. There were trails near it from hunters. It had been flowering over 75 days because it was not getting evening sun. It had flowers in late July. There are about 10% amber, 85% cloudy and 5% clear. The buds are very dense. The surrounding vegetation was wilted, wet and moldy but the Blue Sonja didn't have a speck of mold. No noticeable male flowers and I bet I get 2 pounds of seedless Blue Sonja. Some of the tops branched near the end and made clusters of forearm size top buds. These are all the tops that came off 1 plant and then there are bunches of fist sized side buds and mucho Bubble Bag buds.

The other Blue Sonjas will get harvested on the weekend of 11-12. I am going to harvest 3 Prophets tomorrow that will each be 2 lb plants and 1 maybe 3. Between Blue Sonja and Prophet is gonna be a cool yield battle. I have more Prophets than BS because I cloned them more. I have at least 20 more Prophets to get after the 3 tomorrow. There is going to be some weight when it is added up because there are no small Prophets. The Blue Sonja buds way more size for size though so it's going to be close.

Steele I would have to buy you a car or something to pay you back for these. It would be so easy to supply meds to all the clinics in California with these. Somebody should put me in charge of doing that. Arnold give me a job!!

THANK YOU!

G

guest3854

ICKIS , very nice job and very happy to hear of no molds . Even with limited visits , they still did a great job fer yas . It's all about tha prep and tha girls felt yer love , rewarding you big time . Lookin' forward to hearing how they smoke fer ya . I'm sure tha girls getting a bit more time will be better , provided no issues . And you still have tha Prophets to chop , looks like yer gonna be a busy mutha fucka , here pretty soon , lol .

Give us more ,
Steele

sick work bro- very impressive to watch as this thread has grown along with your od projects best wishes to you and I would love to see some cured shots- peace for now.....

B

bagseed77

damn, super nice, good to see the sonyas are good to breed with,
bagseed bows to the prophets

G

guest3854

Ickis , how they smokin fer ya ? Wondering how tha rest of tha crops did fer ya this year . Would love to see some finished pics and a smoke report from ya bru !

Bagseed , yup Sonja has proven to us that it adds weight and head . More crosses from our Tang Tang generation , in early '09 !

Be well folks ,
Steele

B

bagseed77

hey ick, any dry and trimmed pics of those prophets and such please.

G

guest3854

Yo Ickis, you 'round buddy ? Yer name was mentioned while speakin to another member. Hope yer alright ..... Wondering what yer final weights and results were ? How did you like that Sonja and Prophet ?

Hope all's well bru ,
Steele

G

guest3854

Yo Ickis, you 'round buddy ? Yer name was mentioned while speakin to another member. Hope yer alright ..... Wondering what yer final weights and results were ? How did you like that Sonja and Prophet ?

Hope all's well bru ,
Steele

Ickis

Veteran
I'm around Steele. The prophet was excellent from the get go. It was a bit of a creeper. You have 3 hits in you and then take a couple more then realize you didn't need anymore after toke 3. The buds were the hardest nugs I grew. Very roundish with super bag appeal. The prophets were all 2 pounds and more.

The Blue Sonja would have yielded much more but they got nipped by deer until they were really flowering and then they left them alone. The purple stemmed ones were the best at first. But I thought after the cure they were all pretty equal. It is way uppier than a regular BH buzz. They looked great. Longer more slender buds but also very dense with awesome crystals. They also had to finish when it was cooler and more wet because they went into late October. In the right year these could be even better.

Prophet IMHO was the best one though for my taste. I would love to run that one again. I had to move stuff and lost the clones of the prophet. I still have some SB but I am doing them indoor. I also have some BS seeds that I will run again and the Sonjas Purple Kush that I didn't do any of yet but will do a run outdoors.

I did finish my Grindhouse grow and thread though. I had some family issues though that kept me from doing very many harvest pics. The grow show was pretty awesome though. I think the prophet pics were some of the nicest biggest plants on the net in 2008.

You ever put them Prophet seeds up for sale let me know because I'm all over them. Or if you make an improved prophet and need a test grower I'm your guy. I do good outdoor work.
I got a lot of PMs here and many comments on PG about the Prophet. I think I interested quite a few people in your wares. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Sonjas Purple Kush comes out this year. There will be another Grindhouse Outdoor in 2009 on my end.

Last edited:
G

guest3854

Ickis, very nice to hear. Stoked they worked out well fer ya. Loved tha Prophet, super Bubba taste, easier to grow with 3-4 times tha yield. Tha Sonja, yeep hella more sativa and stable as hell. We have tha "official" version of The Prophet comin' soon enough .... ZomB ran tha Sonja's Purple Kush with great success, still holdin tha clone keeper. Reefer them folks lookin fer tha Prophet on other sites, here to ICMag, as this is the ONLY place that GrindHouse will have stock available at.

Steele