What's new

The Dr.Bud Method by Thundurkel

Tilt

Thundurkel I have gotten alot of good inspiration from reading your threads. I would like to thank you for showing me what is possible and how you evolved as a grower from a noob to where you are at

bpt420

Hey man, nice looking plants. Can you give me rough size of your plants? I like the look of this method. Small plants that yield around 7g would be perfect for me as I don't smoke too much right now. What I'm looking for is height and width (like end of leaf to leaf). Get what I mean?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well a good 7-8g plant in my setup would be about 15"-20" tall and take up the space of a 32oz gatorade bottle... hope that helps

Amon

I am an old CFL grower and these guys are right. The right setup and CFL's placed properly dispersing enough lumens can really produce when veg'd a bit longer.. I fell in love with some flouro's called : Flourex.

I bought an outdoor floodlight for my yard and it was a 250w Flourex that only pulled 65w. It held a 65w flourex bulb that put out 4410 Lumens. What I noticed was my palms that were closest to it almost doubly outgrew the other 2 identicle palms. This was enough proof for me, I bought 4 of them and used them for vegging for years. Wow can they produce some big ladies.

Another grower uses one single 65w flourex and places it inside a bucket and then grows the plant inside the bucket wrapping it around the inside and the light and it was fun to watch that grow.:nanana:

so keep up the good thread and we'll pay attention to see what happens.
I for one think your gonna turn some heads and surprise a few. fingers crossed and best of luck.

I've got a buddy getting ready to loan me all 5 of his High Output Flouros. 10 bulbs total.
I'll be using them to do my very first full SCROG grow without the 600w hps light. trying to get rid of some heat issues and I want to do a full on comparison.... just might switch to the HO lighting if it does what I hope it does. I've seen some awesome buds produced from just 4 bulbs.. peace

your an awesome grower urkle, ide love to have you as a mentor on my thread, or even just stop by and see how im doing :p

much good vibes, christoph

P.S, link in sig!

jayww

can this method be done with seeds....space issues prevent having a mother plant at the moment for clones......

TemptedSoul

After much experimentation, I too have decided that coco and nova seems to be the way to go. Still learning though, recently discovered letting your coco dry out too much causes overconcentration of the nutes and lockout, even with a mild strength solution.

doktorSOG

Hey ill be running 16 per sq.ft sog under a 1000w hps in coco, using canna, but instead of each planthaving ots own pot, im gonna toss 16 per sq.ft in rubbermaids to allow more rootspace, see any problems with that? Oh & obv. ill use clones

Fantastic thread mate.

One of the big influences on my current SOG grow.

I've just started new seedlings in coir+perlite and will be very interested to see how much better they perform than the soil based plants, the mix feels much much lighter.

8.2g per cut is fantastic especially for a trial run!!! I would be very very happy with anything over 6g per cut when things get more dialled.

Glad to see this thread on the front page where it belongs !

trichogg

Method has been proven again in this ol skopje thread that compact sog is something to think about..
Staying within guidelines if feeling sketchy...
I damn sho don't need "72", scale it down and crank out some perpetual ganja with some pollin tapping fromm current grow..

Still a nice turnout Thunderkle..

Dutch_John

I'm a regular on a other grow site but just wanted to say ... through the years I have returned to this thread, as much as Dr.B's initial compact CFL thread for references.... Props, man :good: