What's new

The DEA to move cannabis from Schedule I to Schedule III

I Care

If it was decriminalized those girls would be alove. Sure as shit I wouldn’t have had some broke cunt threatening me with a gun for a quarter pound, little criminal would have had to choose somebody else to rob and live their commercially promoted life of crime.

I became involved with cannabis because of lucky connections, not because I was brainwashed by MTV and wanted to live a life of crime.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Can you please explain how the DEA and the Feds are going to make money if cannabis is rescheduled to a class 3 drug? Not some outlandish claims that are not based in reality but something based in fact.

Thanks
If like NJ, they will arrest those that are not corporations for selling and/or growing. IN NJ still 5 years for any growing. 5 small stores in crap little town near me were raided for not being licensed. Probably using the "Giving" and "Donation" loophole.

Loc Dog

Veteran
A simple Google search of the penalties for schedule 3 violations shows the reality as of today.
Still gonna go to prison.
Still gonna be subjected to the feds.
Gonna more tightly regulated than it is now as the states have been doing it individually.
Now they will all have to comply federally.
And probably a huge federal tax.

Loc Dog

Veteran
It depends on you definition of fatalities... People killed for their cannabis, robbed and killed... It's happened around here... some young punks trick a couple of girls into thinking they are selling them a pound and then they they shoot them to steal the money. There have been other over the years too, other punk coming "buy" some ones home grown and they rob and shoot them. This was all local stuff that has gone down over the years.

It feels weird and odd for the DEA to just go and do this, and to lots of folks it feels like something is off and they are waiting for the rug to be pulled out from other them, like it's some kind of magic trick. Congress did passed some bill that has been sitting at the senate and waiting for them to do something. I don't know all the detail if it was decriminalization or legalizing. It seamed like it might not go anywhere. Maybe this is why the DEA did this, I could be wrong but just trying to question why they did it?
Nothing the government does is for the good of the people, except themselves and their rich friends.

I Care

more problems more money. here’s a solution to the problem, public proceeds to fund being creative enough to cause other problems. They’re like the auto repair shop you see on the news ripping off your grandma.

eastcoastjoe

Some folks need to chill and quit reading into all this shit.
It's a great thing going schedule 3.
We have all been fighting this battle in the South East and glad to hopefully see a change.
Some of you guys are probably in rec states still bitching.. 😂 unbelievable..
Fuck Yeah, going 3 baby!
That's it!
Cheers

I agree with you. there may end up being some issues as far as businesses with compliance but that shouldn’t be surprising in any regulated industry.

I’m focused more on the positive it will bring to actual patients. The opening up to legal research is going to be a huge win !! While people doing business in this industry want us all to see this as all negative, I ask those people, what about the thousands and thousands of folks who can’t access cannabis due to their jobs falling under federal guidelines ? How often have you thought of them while you were cashing in in the gold rush.

TheMan13

Veteran
It is sad that this generation of politicians/bureaucrats cannot address/fix the problems they have caused and watched happen. We know whose responsible for enacting law to make asset forfeiture "constitutional" without charges. Good luck getting your property back in a civil court. Or the mass incarceration caused and funded by their "crime bill"?

Removing cannabis from the criminal scheduling scheme would have been laudable, but not timely enough. Going from schedule I to III is just a joke of a political stunt. It is impressive the PR they have got from it though. We'll have to see if it works as they had hoped ...

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Typical right-wingers. It is impossible to keep you people happy so I don't think anybody should bother trying anymore. Let the rest of us enjoy some PROGRESS without the mouth breathers crying about how bad they personally have it while dragging down everyone else.
How old are you?

TheMan13

Veteran
licensing.jpg

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
Old enough to have been inside the Pentagon working on 9/11. Where were you, little buddy?
Are you currently working for a government agency or have been in the past?

Don't get me wrong for me everyone is welcome here.

But I do know that posts like yours that I have quoted can make some people here feel not at ease.

Cheers

Nannymouse

Conservative comments make progressives uneasy, progressive comments make conservatives uneasy. Such it has been since i can recall.

Hell, my first job was working as receptionist, radio dispatch, and jailer for city, county, and state. (okay, small rural town...we hardly ever had anyone in jail...usually an out of town drunk that had nowhere to go.) So woohoo, former govt employees don't phase me a bit. Many are pro drug, and pro drug legalization. Was married to a cop, and smoked with cops.

Whatever Biden gets done, even baby steps, is fine by me. Everyone hated on Doc Gupta when he saw the light. This i don't understand. Many folks fell for the D.A.R.E. bullshit, and learned that the govt. could lie their butts off, and flipped opinions. IMO the republicans are just pissed that it wasn't done during their admin, but in actuality, both sides of the voting population, the majority, want to see progress in this area. It is bipartisan work. The question is, if republicans get into office, what will they do with it? Get all spiteful and dump it all and go haywire in retaliation? Make TRUE improvements, in the name of 'freedom'? Ignore it altogether, and let it stand?

It was Nixon that put the W.O.D. into full swing, and we have John Ehrlichman's words to prove it, which also plainly stated that it was motivated by hate of the hippies and blacks, who they couldn't wage a 'direct' war upon, so they demonized activity that would disrupt 'the cultures'.

This is why i stay independent. Screw the naysayers on either side.

Last edited:

pilto

Are you currently working for a government agency or have been in the past?

Don't get me wrong for me everyone is welcome here.

But I do know that posts like yours that I have quoted can make some people here feel not at ease.

Cheers
You guys are a joke. Get over yourselves. THE FEDS DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT OVERGROW.COM FORUM ANYMORE!

You guys can stop wearing gloves when you fill out your seed order forms now.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Old enough to have been inside the Pentagon working on 9/11. Where were you, little buddy?
Well, lil buddy, I took a little break from the cannabis scene in the late 80s, but once I returned from Iraq in '91 w my tank battalion and the 1st Infantry division I jumped right back into cannabis activism. The reason I asked, you desk riding snob, is because you sounded too young to understand the war on drugs and how IT was fought in this country. And it sounds like I was right. But you go right ahead and assume all you want that my views make me a fukn Republican. Fukn wannabe gatekeeper prick

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts