What's new

The DEA to move cannabis from Schedule I to Schedule III

xtsho

No profit haha its big pharma they will grow it at such large scale and it will no longer be recreational it'll become medical with insurance paying most but also people use recreational will know become prescription drug abusers... They will grease palms to benefit them and they will make huge profit like they do on all medicine... Anyways this will be yrs from now won't happen over night but will absolutely happen

You can believe whatever flavor of the month is floating around the internet but that doesn't make it true.

Bayer and Johnson and Johnson are not going to form some monopoly growing cannabis and force you and I to purchase product from them.

phunkeeboodah

White haha ignorant eh .... I'm white and tried to go legal had the mill for applications and licensing in NY born and raised here I got told by the clerk to save my time and money because they were only giving licenses to minorities and African Americans... Saved my money and watched a group of friends get turned down and waste a ton of money because of race haha and they own one of the first and biggest vape companies around

good for them, and good for affirmative action : )

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't understand the "Big Pharma is going to take over" comments. Why in the hell would companies jump into an industry where the profits are extremely slim and once billion dollar companies are basically bankrupt? One of the most recent cannabis companies to bite the dust is MedMen. Six years ago it was valued at $3 billion and today it's filed for bankruptcy. That's the state of the failing cannabis industry. The gold rush is gone. All that's left are crumbs.
They would jump into an industry where they can refine and/or synthesize a product, control the market, and overcharge both consumers and insurance companies. There will be more VASTLY more profit than you believe.
Despite what some think. Nobody is going to takeover an industry full of oversupply, declining prices and profits. The drug companies don't want to be in the cannabis cultivation business and they don't care if people want to grow their own for recreational use.
See above
This isn't going to change any state laws already in place. It will open cannabis up for medical studies and give access in recreational states to banking services so they are not dealing with large quantities of cash.
Federal law supercedes state. Federal inaction is due to one president pulling fed funding for enforcement from states w legal, and two presidents not fukn w it.
Perhaps some medical studies will isolate something specific that they can then use to produce some expensive drug that can be prescribed by a doctor. That's what Big Pharma wants. Developing a drug in pill form that they can sell. They don't give a damn about recreational users in legal states. Nothing is going to change as far as recreational growing and consumption we already have in legal states is concerned.
Studies will absolutely find one, probably many, results that you describe. I disagree, however, on your economic outlook. They DO care. Rec growers will affect their profit. American capitalism requires zero compromise and monopoly. This ain't the 50s anymore.
Things have been going in a positive direction for years. Maybe not as fast as some would like but to turn a positive into a negative is ridiculous.
In my 40 plus years of canna activism I've only seen one positive move. That was prop 215. That's it. I don't count count Obama pulling fed funding cuz that just kicked the can down the road. Both donnie and Joe COULD have done something about it, for REAL, and reaped the benefit that would have come w it, but they haven't either. They know the US cartel ain't gonna be fucked w at this point in history.

CharlesU Farley

New boss is same as the old boss.
🙃
Them who gots the money, makes the rules... always has been, always will be. And fucking lawyers do their dirty work for 'em and make it all "legal". :(

As I said in a post a long time ago, if I was in your situation, I'd want to take a flamethrower to the whole fucking lot of them. :mad:

But there's absolutely no way that rescheduling from Sch 1 to Sch 3 is a _bad_ thing, especially when it's the _DEA_ that is the one pushing for it. (y)

xtsho

They would jump into an industry where they can refine and/or synthesize a product, control the market, and overcharge both consumers and insurance companies. There will be more VASTLY more profit than you believe.

See above

Federal law supercedes state. Federal inaction is due to one president pulling fed funding for enforcement from states w legal, and two presidents not fukn w it.

Studies will absolutely find one, probably many, results that you describe. I disagree, however, on your economic outlook. They DO care. Rec growers will affect their profit. American capitalism requires zero compromise and monopoly. This ain't the 50s anymore.

In my 40 plus years of canna activism I've only seen one positive move. That was prop 215. That's it. I don't count count Obama pulling fed funding cuz that just kicked the can down the road. Both donnie and Joe COULD have done something about it, for REAL, and reaped the benefit that would have come w it, but they haven't either. They know the US cartel ain't gonna be fucked w at this point in history.

I don't see anything changing for the negative. The legal states will continue doing what they've been doing with the exception of the cannabis industry being able to access banking and other services that have not been available to them.

I don't see this wide ranging plot that many of you do. How would it work? There was a thriving black market before state legalization and a decision by the federal government not to intervene. In the very unlikely event that these mega-corporations somehow take over an industry where all the big players are already going bankrupt or losing money the black market would just return and the penalties would be less severe.

There isn't enough profit cultivating and selling recreational cannabis for these companies to even bother with it. They make billions off of one drug brought to market. The biggest cannabis operators in the US are bleeding close to a billion dollars a year combined. They'll just buy some of the 3 million pounds of surplus from Oregon or even larger amounts of oversupply from other states for basically nothing and have all the weed they need to study, isolate specific things, extract, and sell it as a medical product. They work in labs not fields. There is more than enough cannabis sitting in warehouses to keep them supplied for years.

They have no interest in interfering with the recreational laws or stopping any of the state laws making it legal to grow and smoke. There are more people that don't smoke cannabis than do by a very large margin. They have plenty of customers for some medication derived from cannabis and prescribed by a doctor to make more money than wasting time growing and controlling the recreational market.

People have been waiting for a relaxation of the Federal Cannabis Drug Classification for years and now that it looks like it's going to happen and also at the same time some bipartisan decriminalization legislation is working it's way through Congress people seem to have nothing but doom and gloom. It's like people were dreaming for this day and now when it comes they call it a nightmare.

Hate it or love it DEA and the FEDs are only doing this because it benefits them monetarily and or control over the people and the people have proven we like weed!! Its definitely not just because its time to let the potheads have a win not trying to burst bubbles but there's gonna be alot to this we don't see yet and probably not for the good ! Certainly not to losen control and lose money especially not to Joe smo and his home grow or chad and his 100 light warehouses its gonna be frat buddies and their kickbacks and greased palms.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Descheduling as an option is a bit of an understatement. ;)

The idea that some people can put words on paper (controlled drug schedule) and claim THAT is somehow a thing that gives them a right to use offensive force against OTHER people for using a plant in ways the magical paper says is illegal, is absurd. Yet...here we are, in fucking Absurdistan prohibition land, just a hop, skip and a jump from chattel slavery, where SOMEBODY else controls your body.

Freedom of choice for the peaceful individual is the only option. There should be NO SCHEDULE. None, zero, zilch!

If I don't have the right to tell you what you can or cannot ingest, and I certainly don't, it is impossible for me to delegate that nonexistent right to control you to a body politic or a bureaucracy. Literally, impossible. It's also literally impossible for a group of people (US tax serfs) to delegate the aggregate of allllll of their zero individual right, which still amounts to zero to a body politic or a bureaucratic agency.

Don't fall for their bullshit, only YOU have any real right to decide what you ingest or not.

Anything less, has the seed of domination and control, which are elements of slavery. Fuck that.
drugsnixon.png

From one of Nixons cabinet, John Ehrlichman.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
One step further, but decriminalization would be better! I say this because legalization just opens the door to a bunch of people getting involved, who shouldn't be (ie Non-Stoners owning Rec Farms). Washington was best when we just had medical!
That sounds like NJ, where only corporations get monopoly on growing and selling, after paying bribes to get a handful of licenses with hefty price tags. Still 5 years for growing anything.

xtsho

Hate it or love it DEA and the FEDs are only doing this because it benefits them monetarily and or control over the people and the people have proven we like weed!! Its definitely not just because its time to let the potheads have a win not trying to burst bubbles but there's gonna be alot to this we don't see yet and probably not for the good ! Certainly not to losen control and lose money especially not to Joe smo and his home grow or chad and his 100 light warehouses its gonna be frat buddies and their kickbacks and greased palms.

Can you please explain how the DEA and the Feds are going to make money if cannabis is rescheduled to a class 3 drug? Not some outlandish claims that are not based in reality but something based in fact.

Thanks

Discorilla

DEA and Feds will find a way to cite you for violations. Same way that people selling Painkillers get arrested.

Legalization in many of the states led to cops pulling you over and giving out DUIs for the smell of weed alone. They've been ceizing cash on the medical side, too. Unless decriminalization happens, the badges will continue to find ways to lock people up over it.

Last edited: