What's new

The DEA to move cannabis from Schedule I to Schedule III

TheMan13

Veteran
If one good thing comes from this I will at least have to retire a great longtime favorite meme ;-)~

seehearspeakno.jpg

mudballs

Well if it makes you feel better brother, I am glad. Although, criminal law, both state and federal is complicated and especially as it relates to cannabis today. This is clearly yet another form of lawfare/regulatory capture with an exceptional amount of special interests with many decades in the game. I am not sure which state you live in, but here in Michigan for example the law is already written with a marijuana exception.
  • A conviction for manufacturing, creating, delivering, or possessing with the intent to manufacture, create, or deliver any other schedule 1, 2, or 3 substance except marijuana or a substance listed in MCL 333.7212 (1) (d) 3 is a felony punishable by: • imprisonment for not more than seven years; or • a fine of not more than $10,000; or • both.

Hard to believe that was shot 13 years ago for a medical marijuana farmers market in Flint still in operation today.

View attachment 18996173

BTW Who is the "boss" you are referring to here?

Attorney General Garland, head of DOJ...DEA is under DOJ...I have 2 prior convictions u bet ur ass it makes me feel better

pilto

Now that banks are gonna get a taste of the sweet, sweet, cannabis money, they will be hooked. Prepare for the rest of the states to legalize soon.

Captain Red Eye

Progressives are making progress where Regressives fear to tread.

YAY!

Just because they agreed to use a little lube when they ass rape you doesn't mean they love you now.
I just hope this doesn't give the Feds an excuse to go back on their "We won't fuck with legal states" policy.

I can hear it now......

"OK, we rescheduled it like you asked. Now, we are going to enforce Schedule 3 laws. You can't produce Schedule 3 drugs at home."

No home grow.

The money people look at home growers as market share they don't have..... yet.

Albeit, I grew gorilla for 50 years out of 53. I can always go back to it. LOL

Only time will tell. Have they set a time frame for actually doing it?

Good points and there's an added twist.

Many States (and their employees) are past and present violators of the Fed drug schedule. Those States took and continue to take tax money for weed and all the various weed permissions States impose on growers. Those state's use some of that "federally illegal" money to pay State employees or fund State things.

Legally speaking "States and those who benefitted from tax money, fees etc., are federal criminals".

If I ever get arrested (again) I will subpoena every fucking State official who gained salary from cannabis taxes and have myself quite a circus. "Your honor, I question the truthfulness of the testimony of this person, since they are a proven federal criminal". This shit is too funny.

Not to mention the Feds themselves violated their own stupid schedule when they instituted "the Compassionate Investigational new drug program, where they gave several people weed for years. Irv Rosenfeld comes to mind, among others. The fucking nerve of fed douche bags calling cannabis, a "new drug" when they instituted that program is laughable. It ain't new lying motherfuckers, people been using weed for thousands of years,

When the general populace discovers juror nullification and uses it, the whole thing can and should come tumbling down. Fuck the DEA, fuck the federal criminal tax thievin' states and fuck anybody who thinks they or their organization has any right to criminalize a plant and control what other people ingest.

It's always about bad people trying to control other peaceable people. Time for that shit to stop and not just with cannabis, all of it!

Check out fija.org. and return the power to the people!

1714652031328.png

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Based on everything I've seen since my teens in the 1980s, this is the beginning of a takeover. I'm not trying to shit on anyone's joy or hope, but I cannot trust either the US government or the even more powerful US pharma industry. Ever.

For people outside the US, I do not know how knowledgeable people are about the power of US pharma. I've always assumed there was a better chance, or a clearer view at least, of how dominant they are, from the outside. They are in every aspect of our lives. You cannot escape them here. Once they get involved, the banker chads we are cursed with now will seem like children trying to monopolize an industry.

I've said MANY times over recent years that "they" are just waiting for a basic framework to be in place so the takeover would be easier. I thought they would need more, but frankly, with so many states wasting so much effort w so many stupid fukn details, I think pharma just said fuk it, let's move before more headaches are created. Gave their puppets at the DEA the go ahead.

I see pills and suppositories as the future of cannabis in the US, as no doctor will ever recommend combustion. People born today will never smoke hashish in the USA.

Descheduling is the answer. Abolishing the DEA is part of that.

Sweatloaf

Based on everything I've seen since my teens in the 1980s, this is the beginning of a takeover. I'm not trying to shit on anyone's joy or hope, but I cannot trust either the US government or the even more powerful US pharma industry. Ever.

For people outside the US, I do not know how knowledgeable people are about the power of US pharma. I've always assumed there was a better chance, or a clearer view at least, of how dominant they are, from the outside. They are in every aspect of our lives. You cannot escape them here. Once they get involved, the banker chads we are cursed with now will seem like children trying to monopolize an industry.

I've said MANY times over recent years that "they" are just waiting for a basic framework to be in place so the takeover would be easier. I thought they would need more, but frankly, with so many states wasting so much effort w so many stupid fukn details, I think pharma just said fuk it, let's move before more headaches are created. Gave their puppets at the DEA the go ahead.

I see pills and suppositories as the future of cannabis in the US, as no doctor will ever recommend combustion. People born today will never smoke hashish in the USA.

Descheduling is the answer. Abolishing the DEA is part of that.
^ I agree.

hellfire

I think this is a good move overall. It's not what people are making it out to be. Descheduling should be an option. I think this opens the door for medicine and pharmaceutical research....and profit. Not so much helping the average smoker or growers but it does keep the conversation going.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
this is a big shot attorney from Kansas who got my sentence reduced from 5 cannabis felonies and 2-11 mandatory minimum sentence down to one felony of cultivation and 1 year probation and rehab……a looooong time ago

i told him if cannabis becomes legal I may look at and expungement

this was his reply…

bigsur51 ,

I think we are a long way from legalization, especially in Kansas.

The current discussions regarding rescheduling Marijuana from a schedule 1 to a schedule 3 drug is not likely to affect its legal status nationally.

And there does not appear to be much of a moment to have decriminalized in Kansas.

Best advice is simply to keep an eye on what is happening, but don’t expect anything big in the near future.

Jim

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
this is a big shot attorney from Kansas who got my sentence reduced from 5 cannabis felonies and 2-11 mandatory minimum sentence down to one felony of cultivation and 1 year probation and rehab……a looooong time ago

i told him if cannabis becomes legal I may look at and expungement

this was his reply…

bigsur51 ,

I think we are a long way from legalization, especially in Kansas.

The current discussions regarding rescheduling Marijuana from a schedule 1 to a schedule 3 drug is not likely to affect its legal status nationally.

And there does not appear to be much of a moment to have decriminalized in Kansas.

Best advice is simply to keep an eye on what is happening, but don’t expect anything big in the near future.

Jim
New boss is same as the old boss.
🙃

exoticrobotic

For people outside the US, I do not know how knowledgeable people are about the power of US pharma. I've always assumed there was a better chance, or a clearer view at least, of how dominant they are, from the outside.

It's clear the huge sway US Pharma has. Same with defence, eg Boeing.

I don't know what goes on behind closed doors but i reckon its somewhat similar to mafia meetings and when ya dealing with the lives billions of people, does it really matter what happens to one or two?

How do you arrange that amount of morphine for population pain kiling without dealing with drug lords?

legalised illegality, nicely grey with a big enough pie to fit many fingers :rolleyes:

Last edited: