this is going to be fun once you get over the inspecions

chat soon

peace

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey bro how's life treating ya? Things all well in the garden i hope...take care and i look forward to seeing how well the ladies are doing.

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Sorry I've been away so long...

Sorry I've been away so long...

Hey guys and gals, Time for a long overdue update.

I've got pictures of the Chemmy Jones and Ukhem's to share, and should have pictures of the Secret Recipe's in about a week when I expect them to be showing sex a little stronger. I was in South Dakota for a while helping a friend with a harvest and them had to go to China unexpectedly for work, but I'm back and hope to be updating regular again, unless I get sent back to China. I'm pretty blessed that my wife has been taking notes over the years and was able to take care of the little ones while I was away. I think she did a pretty good job as all the plants look pretty healthy.

Quick sex rundown for everyone.

Chemmy Jones
6 Females
4 males

UKhem
5 Females
4 Males
1 Unsexed as of yet.

Secret Recipe
It's looking like:
3 Females
6 Males

I should have definitive sexing in the next week or two for these.

On with the show eh.

These first 7 are the Female Chemmy Jones and the Chemmy Males.

Chemmy Jones Females

Chemmy Jones Males

These next 6 pictures are the UKhem Females and Males.

UKhem Females

UKhem Males

In this picture the Far left plant is the as of yet unsexed UKhem.

Hope everyone enjoys the pictures and again I'm sorry for being away so long.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

Last edited:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Looking awesome GLTHC :good: can't wait to see what these killer genetics do for you in the flower room :biggrin: got ya tagged for the rest of your show.
:smoke out:

GreatLakes THC

Veteran
Hey thanks for coming along for the ride and for checking out the grow show. I'm going to start to take clones tomorrow, and do another round of topping. I'm expecting them to be going into the flower phase in the next 3-4 weeks. Sooner if they keep growing as they are. I really can't wait. I'm so excited to see what these girls can do.

:plant grow: :party:

GreatLakes THC

Veteran
I took 78 clones over the last three day's, 28 from the tops on the second topping that I've cloned right into soil, and 50 smaller clones that I've put into starter plugs. To be honest I really suck at cloning. Not so much my methods, more just environmental factors that leave me with very poor results. Because of this I usually grow from seed.

I'm really hoping to get some better results this time around though. I'll be keeping 1 from each female of the three strains that I'm testing and any others will be put into flower when this test grow get's done. Hopefully I'll have a very bountiful winter grow season.

I still need to take clones from the Secret Recipe's, but they're holding out on showing sex. I'm a patient guy though and can wait till they're ready. I still think I'll be going into flower in the next few weeks. I may need to do another re-potting before then too. Three gallon containers has always been more than enough container space for me to flower in, but these girls are vigorous growers. Since the last pictures I took they almost doubled in size, bushing out very nicely. After taking the clones they're all around 2.5 feet tall again, but I expect many will be 4-5 feet tall when I put them into flower. I'm getting really excited now. I should have some more pictures around the middle of next week.

G

Guest 10952

Awesome man!! I really like how organized your thread is. Keeping everything healthy. Loving the show bro. Hope MN gets that independent or were screwed for another 4-8 years.
Take care and keep up the great work.
Jubei

GreatLakes THC

Veteran
Hey Jubei,

Thanks for checking out the grow. I'm really excited to get these into flower. I want some weed around Christmas. I haven't been smoking the last few weeks because I'm expecting a drug test at work coming up. So I'm really itching to fill the lungs. I bet you are too. How are the Chemwrecks working out for you guys? I'm looking forward to seeing how your outdoor turned out. I checked out your pics at the other place and the one plant that I saw looked mighty thick.

Thanks to everyone else who's shone interest in the grow. I was hoping for more dialogue in here, but expect people are waiting till the flower show starts. Soon come my friends, soon come.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi greatlakesthc
sorry for being absent
your puting a killer show on

ive been watching the whole time
just been so busy with builders in at the moment and the garden and everything else in life

the fun is just round the corner when the buds start flowing

keep up the great work

peace

GreatLakes THC

Veteran
Thanks OJD,

Just got back from the grow shop and picked up some 7 gallon containers to up pot into. These girls are vigorous growers. I'm gonna re-pot them tomorrow and hit them with another feeding and a dose of voodoo juice to really get those roots going. I usually flower out in 3 gallon containers, but they're already over growing them. Gonna be buds galore this go round.

Cannawinner

Veteran
I took 78 clones over the last three day's, 28 from the tops on the second topping that I've cloned right into soil, and 50 smaller clones that I've put into starter plugs. To be honest I really suck at cloning. Not so much my methods, more just environmental factors that leave me with very poor results. Because of this I usually grow from seed.

I also prefer seeds.
What happened with the inspection.
Wonderful looking plants Great lakes.

GreatLakes THC

Veteran
What's up Cannawinner? The inspection went well. The plants were still small enough that we put them into rubbermaid totes and hid them in the garage. Still haven't closed on the refinance though. The mortgage company is really dragging their feet. All the under-writing is done though and we're just waiting for the paperwork to sign. Should be in the next two weeks. The grow has moved on though and I should be in flower in the next two weeks.

I'm re-potting everything into 7 gallon containers. Got the containers but having a bitch of a time finding 14 inch saucers to put under them. Forgot them when I was last at the grow shop and it's an hour away so I've been trying to find them locally. It's fall so most places locally are sold out of them. Got 5 though so I've re-potted the 5 biggest girls and will get to the rest this weekend when I can get the rest of the saucers.

I suppose I should give an update on the girls. The Secret Recipe's I ended up with 3 females and the other 6 were males. I've selected which males I want to keep of the three strains and have chopped down the remaining males. I'll get pictures of everything up this weekend. I selected the males based on stature, smell and overall root growth. Keeping the biggest and healthiest that had the best smell to them. I'll be making a bunch of f2's to work with, but it's looking like I might have some good results this time with cloning. Finger's still crossed. Starting to see roots on some of them. They'll become mothers and any extra's will go into the second flower room when I get that going.

Pics this weekend, time to feed the girls....

Last edited:
N

nukkumatti

You got some good plans for the girls bro!! 7gal pots..They gonna like it!!!
I got 4/5 fems on SR and Chemmys are a bit pending at the moment. So I got only one male from Secret and 2-3 males from Chemmy.
I was thinking to collect all the pollen and mix it before dusting the lower brances to preserve all that I can.

Gonna snap few clones before and after 12/12 still. Almost all rooted already from the first cuts. :)

I'm hoping to get some down for the NEW YEAR!! :):D At least some bubble.. :) What were those flowering times .. 8 - 10 weeks on both?!? It's gonna get busy to get them ready..

Ai jaii waiting to see the pics bro!! :)

Sorry man if I'm rumbling!! Just woke up and sitting by the computer with my coffee cup and Chem joint ;)
GOOD MORNING!!

GreatLakes THC

Veteran
Ramble all you want Nukkumatti. That's what this test thread is for. To discuss these great strains that Connoisseur Genetics has put out. I'm really liking the looks of the Chemmy Jones and UKhem plants. Great structure that bushes out real nice. I like growing bushes as opposed to single cola plants. The males I've selected are honestly my favorite plants in the group. I had considered saving all the males and mixing the pollen too, but the ones I've selected are really the best ones. I can't wait to put them in flower. Gonna be some big girls.

:plant grow:

N

nukkumatti

Jeah bro
I too like the males..Some strong smells coming from them when rubbing. I flower the guys in so low wattage that I cannot really see them potential very well..That's why I'm gonna mix the pollen from all and choose stud from the f2 and make some f3 with him and dust some moms maybe too. :)

Jejejee

Stay safe bro peace

Latest posts

Latest posts