What's new

tasteOrganic's Trash can with dessicant drying method

I also use sillica to dry mushroom and i think would work outside because of excess water and that you get from drying outdoor's but indoors or when real dry out and high temps low humidity I see. This stuff to get mushroom cracker dry in 24 to 48 hours 24 if you ad a fan so use be careful

Last edited:
C

Cozy Amnesia

I've done that before, a loooooooooong time ago. I put about an ounce or so into a shoebox with a paper towel seperating the weed from a bunch of calcium chloride salt. It worked, but it worked too well. All the bud was really, really dry. I left it over night and that was it.

That was way before I new about growing. It was my friends plant he grew from bag seed outdoors and we didn't know shit. I just took what I new from chemistry and applied it here.

M

moses224

BACKCOUNTRY said:
Here is my idea-

7710Guerrilla_Bud_dryer.GIF

Pineapple- what about using this diagram except you add a drain (like a cooler has) tht way water can be emptied into container thus stopping any water for sitting more then a day. Or is a drain even needed. They way you spoke it applied it needed to drain????

Last edited:

pineappaloupe

moses: I made some holes in the bottom of a trashcan, but the drainage was not sufficient. The bet scenario would be a container that has a bottom that drains all of the water to one area. Then you can just make a hole and let it flow out.

If you do not keep the cacl out of the water it will dissolve and be less effective.

it is possible to make a reservoir tank for the water to drain into that can be dumped after the process is done. just place a hose at the bottom that leads to the tank. set the main unit on top of the reservoir, or burry the res. and keep the main above ground.

aligee

Veteran
Well this is workin out good so far drilled some holes on the bottom edge of my diy dryer (this is my trusty 'ol herb dryer been thru a tonage of green!LOL!) and placed this Damp-Rid on the bottom generously! Proped up the opposite end/placed a tray under the side with holes to catch runoff and thats bout it its been almost a day and theres already plenty of water in the tray so far so good !!!!

pothead6

ive wondered about something like this for a long time im planning my grow for next season and i wana do upwards of 60 plants but dont really have the space to dry them safely but something like this i could easily do in 50 gallon totes my only concern is how this would effect the over all end result of my product.

would doing this leave a grass/hay smell?
could you use this and then dry trim.

ive been looking for a way to dry alot of weight in a small space and still keep quality of the bud.

i would still want to cure after this but the potency and scent kinda worries me

dothedew

^^ I agree. I too would like to know this.

What if someone can make waterproof containers and dry your weed outside guerrilla-style; come back in overnight/one day/few days however long it supposedly take. The idea would be two same sized trash can/rubber-maids and stack it together (same idea as stacking plastic red cups). Drill the top part of the trashcan. Fill the bottom part with desiccant with couple holes to drain excess water. Then close it up and duct-tape it up good.