What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Silver Haze - Mr Nice

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
@Terppalooza i like your reports, keep posting! and damn i want to try that amnesia core x ssh. both of them are my all the time favourites. did you take test smoke yet?

i am currently going to grow amnesia core cut. but it's very hard to clone. it can take up to 3 weeks to get rooted. also, i will grow some moby dick by dinafem. it's jack herer x white widow if i'm sure. you might like it. someone speculated that ammo core might be jack herer x skunk..
I grew Dinafems Moby Dick and it was great strong head high with big yilds and some phenos just reek on incense/sandalwood/myrah.
I also think that core is JHxsk.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They selected NYCD from Seeds an did some crosses, but all their crosses I tried at the ICmag Cups were Orange/Mandarin dom...I don't know if Catnip is still active, they sadly left the forums many years ago
Yes it was all from seeds from Soma. Dr. P never got a cut from him. The pinnacle of his work was the New York Candy Orange or NYCO. As Real Gorilla Seeds took over the seedbay stuff from Gypsy they sold some old packs and I believe I got the last few packs of NYCO. I did a small grow of it and got only an orange terps pheno, and it wasn't that heavy orange. I have got much louder orange phenos out of Agent Orange which I am still working with. Maybe with the new laws now in Germany which is where I'm from I may find space and time looking into the last NYCO seeds to see if there is still a grapefruit pheno, as that's what Dr. Penthotal claimed he was working on. But it's not on top of my list.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Soma's first ever Amnesia Haze was different to the core cut , I smoked it in Amsterdam when it first arrived from Soma and then it changed and was never seen again
Seems to be a thing with Soma.
What I am wondering is, that NYCD wasn't advertised as being grapefruity. So when I grew a few of them in 2012 I expected chemical or diesel smells. And one of them had one of the rankest smell I ever encountered in weed. It smelled like the freshest amphetamine. I wonder where that came from.

Terppalooza

https://kcbrains.eu/shop/cannabis-seeds/mango/
has anyone grown some kc brains strains? i want to cross the strawberry candy pheno of the amnesia core x supersilver haze. with somethign olschool fruity. no modern genetics. Im thinkign kc brains because. i really have been into finding a papaya cut laley i used to have an awsome one from oni. abnd oni told me he the papaya was foudn in a kc brains... mango :)

GreenamI

KC brains has some very nice fruity lines from Brazilian genetics. I really liked his Leda Uno, havent tried his seeds anymore since a while so I wouldn't dare to tell you if they're still any good. Back than it was also really hit or miss.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd like to change my opinion on what I previously said and thought.

I thought Soma's Amnesia Haze cut was a different cut from when 1st dropped in Amsterdam as it never smoked the same again.
But after smoking some Amneisa Hazy Jones grown by a friend( soil Organic), the Amnesia Haze pheno was 100% the exact same as 1st ever flower drop by Soma , took us right back , I'd almost forgot how it tasted.

My new theory is that first ever drop/s of Amnesia Haze flower in Amsterdam was grown by Soma and his old crew which was all Organic and in soil , I believe when it changed that was the last Organic version of Amnesia Haze they grew/sold and every other batch was not soil Organic and grown by usual Amsterdam growers not Soma and his team which never produced the same exact taste/smell again.

Soma produced some of the best tasting flower Amsterdam ever see back then and we were oblivious to how lucky we were to have Organic soil grown buds in Coffeshops and not even a premium price ( no extra price for Soil/Organic grown flower).

Also special mention to Soma's NYCD Red grapefruit cut, 1 of the best varieties ever , in top 3 all-time greatest for flavour

Screenshot_20240419_135706_Chrome.jpg

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://kcbrains.eu/shop/cannabis-seeds/mango/
has anyone grown some kc brains strains? i want to cross the strawberry candy pheno of the amnesia core x supersilver haze. with somethign olschool fruity. no modern genetics. Im thinkign kc brains because. i really have been into finding a papaya cut laley i used to have an awsome one from oni. abnd oni told me he the papaya was foudn in a kc brains... mango :)
Funny, I just tried to germinate two old packs of KC Brains: Leda Uno and Mango and i cant say anymore if i was inspired by your post to do this. These 2 packs were bought probably around 2010-11 and were really overdue. The Leda Uno ones seem to be dead, no sprout. But Mango has 7 hits. They are now in small pots. Probably done end of July. Please remind me if you want an update later on.

Terppalooza

Funny, I just tried to germinate two old packs of KC Brains: Leda Uno and Mango and i cant say anymore if i was inspired by your post to do this. These 2 packs were bought probably around 2010-11 and were really overdue. The Leda Uno ones seem to be dead, no sprout. But Mango has 7 hits. They are now in small pots. Probably done end of July. Please remind me if you want an update later on.
I have some mango seeds running too rn. Only popped 4 and 1 came out wrong way. So I only have 3 seeds going. But I'll post an update on it's own thread a bit later 🫡🫡