What's new

Stressful! First Grow

Lookin' great ben those bud sites are really starting to fill out, eh?

Hoping my first plants turn out this well. We'll see.

Again, nice work.

11/13/08 - Day 68

Covered the surfaces with gift wrapping paper. Well, i think it created a more realistic environment, with those glimmers on the leaves and all...

Last edited:
Well, i found out! that my MH bulb is 3000K and the HPS one is about 2200K. According to the manual, this particular MH bulb (Philips MasterColour CDM-TD) is better than a regular HPS in terms of both spectrum and intensity. So i switched the lights of the shelves, i want to use the stronger light (MH, in this case) for the older plants.

11/17/08 - Day 72

3rd week of flowering and quite a number of pistils already started to turn brown... Some frost is also visible on some of the leaves. Believe the harvest will be within a month :rasta:

11/24/08 - Day 79

The calyxes are becoming visible, weak frost, a little bit of smell, and lots of leaves, that's all i have after almost three months...

Last edited:

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Looks like your well on your way. Make sure to get a magnifyier glass to check the trichs and harvest at the right time. The plants are lookin good tho keep up the good work. :joint:

Prof Sublime, thanks a lot for the kind comments. I'll have a good magnifier ready before the harvest for sure.

Last edited:
12/8/08 - Day 94

Well the calyxes seem to be swelling but not enough in my opinion. These plants have been flowering for more than six weeks, they need at least two three more weeks i believe, if not more...

Anybody have any ideas on when to cut the nutrition and harvest these plants? What about the molasses thing? The %60 or more of the pistils have turned brown but what about the trichomes?

12/9/08 - Day 95

Today, a small pot fell over one of the plants and broke some branches off. Since this particular strain is a little tall wit a huge root system, i transplanted it into a 5-gallon container and tied up the damaged branches together. Hope it will response soon.

By the way i smoked the broken buds, not good at all! Needs at least four more weeks (been quite an expert these days, not to mention).

Last edited:
Well, not much left from my first grow. I couldn't even wait for them to mature and smoked the whole gang one after another (and they all sucked). I knew this could happen though :bashhead:

Whatever, i'll try to set a proper sowing/harvesting schedule to have a continuous supply of mature plants so that i don't waste them...

Thank you all for your support. See you in the Colorful Garden

Last edited: