What's new

SnowHigh Seeds Coco Loco (Acapulco Gold x Colombian Punto Rojo)

ScythianGold

Starting off this grow.
Got 10/10 seeds to pop but some seem to be poking out and then giving up.
One even starting shooting the root up in the air. Definitely Loco.
5 seem to be strong.

Went to the garden store to get some Promix and they didn't have any.
But they did have

Coco Loco soil~~~

Growing them in a 4 x 4 tent, under LED lights. Might cross with Zacateca Tribute. That would be Acapulco x Colombian Punto Rojo X Oaxaca Gold x Big Sur Holy Weed

Attachments

• CocoSoil.jpg
    CocoSoil.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 79
  • CocoLocoBabies.jpg
    CocoLocoBabies.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 75

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I think Pro-mix ran into some problems with transportation and the shelves are empty in a lot of stores. It will be interesting to see the new batch of Coco Loco soil~~~! It'll be fun to watch Friend.😎

ScythianGold

Finally got them all potted now in the Coco Loco soil mix. Took the pics right as I was potting them. This is my first time using a coco coir based soil mix so any advice for nutes for sativas is welcome. Also any tips for growing long flowering sativas is welcome. My basic plan is just start flowering after ~1 week veg and keep increasing pot size during flower.

Attachments

• CocoBaby1.jpg
    CocoBaby1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 71
  • CocoBaby2.jpg
    CocoBaby2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 73
  • CocoBaby3.jpg
    CocoBaby3.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
  • CocoBaby4.jpg
    CocoBaby4.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50

ScythianGold

Getting bigger.

Coco Loco soil with some worm casting as top dressing. Water with rainwater with some worm castings mixed in.

Attachments

• CC1 - Copy.jpg
    CC1 - Copy.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 71
  • CC2 - Copy.jpg
    CC2 - Copy.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 72
  • CC3 - Copy.jpg
    CC3 - Copy.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 60
  • CC4 - Copy.jpg
    CC4 - Copy.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
  • GRP1 - Copy.jpg
    GRP1 - Copy.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 68
  • GRP2 - Copy.jpg
    GRP2 - Copy.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 63

ScythianGold

Had a problem with Real Gorilla Seeds, apparently my money was partially stolen from the envelope!?! Will have to send more money and wait more to get the Zacateca Tribute seeds... But got my veg tent and will start flowering these soon anyway. I believe the Coco Loco's will take a bit longer than the Zacateca's anyway so hopefully won't matter.

ScythianGold

Just repotted into one gallons with Coco Loco soil and a little tiny bit of sandy topsoil/horse manure compost mixed in. Will let then recover for a few days then flip to flower. I let them recover for a few days after topping before transplanting. Branches have started coming out at each node, some lower branches coming out totally horizontally. Next transplant will be into 5 gallon fabric pots. Or should I do 3 gallon plastic pots first???

ScythianGold

Can't wait to see sex, I'm really hoping I can keep this cultivar pure but if I have to cross with Zacateca Tribute I'd be fine with that, too! Acapulco x Colombian x Oaxacan x BSHW. Any ideas for names of that cross??? 70s holy weed? I like Holy Moly myself. Anyone familiar with what the Moly in that expression actually is? Comes from Greek Mythology.

goingrey

Can't wait to see sex, I'm really hoping I can keep this cultivar pure but if I have to cross with Zacateca Tribute I'd be fine with that, too! Acapulco x Colombian x Oaxacan x BSHW. Any ideas for names of that cross??? 70s holy weed? I like Holy Moly myself. Anyone familiar with what the Moly in that expression actually is? Comes from Greek Mythology.
Interesting etymology behind the word moly indeed. Never even thought about it assumed it was just rhyming gibberish. An ancient word for garlic most probably is what they say on the internet. Great name especially if it has some garlicy smells.

ScythianGold

Garlicy smells would be nice. @goingrey Have you ever grown any pure or near pure sativas indoors?

Moly (n.)

1570s, fabulous magical herb with white flowers and black root, given by Hermes to Odysseus as protection against Circe's sorcery, from Greek mōly, a word of of unknown and probably foreign origin. Beekes says probably Pre-Greek, and adds, "All proposed IE etymologies (see Frisk) have to be rejected." The plant itself has been variously identified.

goingrey

Garlicy smells would be nice. @goingrey Have you ever grown any pure or near pure sativas indoors?

Moly (n.)

1570s, fabulous magical herb with white flowers and black root, given by Hermes to Odysseus as protection against Circe's sorcery, from Greek mōly, a word of of unknown and probably foreign origin. Beekes says probably Pre-Greek, and adds, "All proposed IE etymologies (see Frisk) have to be rejected." The plant itself has been variously identified.
Yeah I've grown a bunch. In the old HPS days I usually had sativas around the edges of the tent and then indicas in the middle to get a canyon canopy to maximize light without scorching the tops.

Mainly indoor friendly sats like some from ACE and then Haze hybrids. Usually they turned out really good.

Then some legit unworked import bagseed sativas as well. Usually they turned out crap. Took forever but were still weak. Or hermed or whatever. But interesting experiences nonetheless.

Now I've just got a small LED tent. It's a more challenging environment for the sats, easily a mess in there. But it's just for a bit of percy and I don't smoke so much anymore anyway, so hey, why not. Doesn't need to be maxed out production.

ScythianGold

Yeah I've grown a bunch. In the old HPS days I usually had sativas around the edges of the tent and then indicas in the middle to get a canyon canopy to maximize light without scorching the tops.

Mainly indoor friendly sats like some from ACE and then Haze hybrids. Usually they turned out really good.

Then some legit unworked import bagseed sativas as well. Usually they turned out crap. Took forever but were still weak. Or hermed or whatever. But interesting experiences nonetheless.

Now I've just got a small LED tent. It's a more challenging environment for the sats, easily a mess in there. But it's just for a bit of percy and I don't smoke so much anymore anyway, so hey, why not. Doesn't need to be maxed out production.
I've grown Sam Skunkman's Haze x Skunk#1 indoors and did ok. What were your favorite sativas?

I'm growing now in a 4x4x6 tent. Hope I can manage them in there.

goingrey

I've grown Sam Skunkman's Haze x Skunk#1 indoors and did ok. What were your favorite sativas?

I'm growing now in a 4x4x6 tent. Hope I can manage them in there.
I also grew that (O.Haze x Skunk #1 from Cultivator's Choice) and it was really good IMO. Used a male from it on a Morning Glory from Barney's Farm and it was the best cross I ever made. Grew like bamboo with glistening tennis ball sized buds.

But as my favorite I will have to go with Thyphoon because it's one of the few I can grow outdoors to full maturity where I live and that's a pretty damn good feature.

I think you'll be fine with a 6' high tent. Start training them early and if needed take your extractor fan and filter outside the tent for extra height.

Hempy McNoodle

Looks like you are doing well with them! I hope you can keep them contained, size-wize. I think you got it though. It should take about 3 weeks to show gender after you flip the lights to 11/13. Are you going to pollinate?

For my grows I use worm castings tea every week or two with a tbs of blood meal brewed in every other time and I use wood ash and bone meal top dressed into the soil and I learned from a strawberry farmer (my old boss grew the sweetest strawberries) about using potassium (potash, wood ash, or even your weed ash). He had a trick about feeding heavily with potash just before harvest. It pushes the plants to form sugars (think: trichomes) and essences. But, there is a problem with it and a solution that he found. After the harvest, the next week's harvest would not be very sweet at all. So, he needed to rotate the potash feeding schedule around three different strawberry patches. So, he'd harvest and then it would be three weeks until he'd harvest the same patch again. This would ensure that the plants had plenty of time to replenish their sugars. Luckily, Cannabis gets harvested all at once. I use wood ash (if I have it) at the early veg stage and add more at the start of flower and once more in the later flowering stage. I stop adding blood meal at mid flowering stage but continue with the castings tea Wich also has 1 tbs molasses.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts