What's new

Sittin in my shed....

Cuddles

Iowa is boring compared to most places but the Meth epidemic and nothing to do isnt a good combination. Its not as bad as most places but IME everything is going to shit in most places. Im pretty lucky. If it was bad id move in a second. I was mostly talking about places like Chicago and places on the East and West Coast. NY sucks too.

No im not living in the house that caught fire. Really sucks because except for the neighbors i really like it.Nothing but cornfields and i had a nice yard and garage. Now im staying with my mom. She has advanced kidney disease and has to do her dialysis treatments everyday so i help her with that. Shes supposed to watch her diet but she should do a better job. She is REALLY picky. Im a good cook and ill ask her if something is good and all she usaually says is "Its alright" drives me fucking nuts! lol
I´m glad you found a place to live and it´s great to hear that you´re taking care of your mum too.
I´m sorry to hear about her kidneys though :( Must be tough.

shithawk420

Veteran
I´m glad you found a place to live and it´s great to hear that you´re taking care of your mum too.
I´m sorry to hear about her kidneys though :( Must be tough.
thanks i appreciate it.Shes only about 4'8 76lbs. she has to hook her dialysis bag to her stomach everyday. she talks about wanting to die all the time.its been hard on her. i need to make her eat better.theres lots of stuff to do around here and i wish she would get out of the house. shes always been like this though hopefully gonna go to the farmers market soon

Betterhaff

Veteran
Put in the cherry tomatoes, couple of sweet 100’s, couple of big cherries, waiting for some orange ones i bought from a neighbor’s boy for a school booster. Slow start this year, don’t think i’ll get the 10 footers. Going basic with the out of hand, big boys and brandywines. Peppers…cayennes and big jims. Hope all’s well.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Put in the cherry tomatoes, couple of sweet 100’s, couple of big cherries, waiting for some orange ones i bought from a neighbor’s boy for a school booster. Slow start this year, don’t think i’ll get the 10 footers. Going basic with the out of hand, big boys and brandywines. Peppers…cayennes and big jims. Hope all’s well.
Lovely stuff
Got the beefeater tomatoes out last week and mrs b is currently cutting the lawn before it rains later.
Put some pumpkin seeds from last years largest one in soil, plus some runner beans so I’m waiting for those to surface … I put some lemonade og seed in on Friday and they popped up this morning so they’re on the windowsill also
1715604010985.jpeg

:tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
I think summer has arrived here… nothing too hot yet but it’s drying out.
I’m starting the lemonade og off in the tent at night and windowsill in the day, but once they’re repotted next week it’ll be natural light until it’s time to flower, so some sunshine will be welcome.

Little miss b is finally getting better.. ❤️‍🩹 still coughing in bits in the day but sleeping at night now.
Struggling with getting back into school now, as expected but I’ve got a meeting with her teachers on Monday 🤞

mr.brunch

Veteran
Since we moved in here (around 12 years ago) we have had swifts nesting in our roof. A couple of years back we found two small birds, alive but stuck together by egg goo so I put warm water on them, they separated and flew off.
This morning mrs b found two more, seemingly stuck together again, but they looked bigger
IMG_3726.jpeg

As they are an endangered species there are national swift carers, and one of the members are close by so I called them- they’re coming to pick them up in a few hours - they said they’re adults fighting over a nest, and they can fight to the death ☠️
Hoping they’ll be ok, they seem to have ticks on them

mr.brunch

Veteran
Update
Got them separated and gave them some water- wet q-tip around the beak- and let them rest a bit.
The smaller one got itself to the top of the box and flew off 😅 then after about half hour the other one got itself up in the air, so I cancelled the swift carer as all is well
Just had a meeting at the school, hopefully to make things more comfortable for little miss b …

Time for a fat joint and iced coffee I think