What's new

Diary Seeds mafia-critical jack & gorilla cake- too late ⏰ for comp, diary instead.

mr.brunch

Veteran
20 days old
Topping time 🕰️
Before:
IMG_3281.jpeg

And after
IMG_3283.jpeg

mr.brunch

Veteran
31 days old, looking well… I repotted them into 3L pots and gave them a good drink today but I’ve tucked them into the tent and realised I didn’t take pictures 🤦🏻‍♂️
I’ll get a few in the morning when I put them on the window ledge- they’ve taken the topping well and seem happy
I shall return tomorrow with pics :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
32 days old…. Forgot pics until I’d put them in tonight again but I managed to snap a couple.
They have split nicely on top and are pushing out some little side branches… I’ll probably top them again in the next week or so.
IMG_3322.jpeg

IMG_3321.jpeg

IMG_3320.jpeg

mr.brunch

Veteran
37 days old, time to re-top and trim the side branches below the first split
Decided not to clone as I have a fair few seeds to explore, so I reluctantly threw away the trimmings…which always seems wrong
Here’s the ladies, before and after- I’ll give them a good drenching tomorrow morning
IMG_3342.jpeg

IMG_3344.jpeg

IMG_3343.jpeg
IMG_3345.jpeg

Should give a nice shape to them :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Still going along fine, aiming to get them repotted into 20L pots early next week… I’ll get some more pics before then :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Sorry for lack of update… school is on holiday this week so extra busy.
I got them repotted last week so they’ve been in their new buckets for 7 days now and they are 8 weeks old in total.
Had a little bit of drooping to start but they’ve perked up, I’ll try and do a picture update later today :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Just finished watering, all looking nice and happy- realised after closing up that I didn’t take pictures 🤦🏻‍♂️
I’ll grab some tomorrow :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
58 days old, looking healthy- one of the jacks has a weird twisty leaf thing going on, but I guess she may grow out of it

Gorilla cake:
IMG_3388.jpeg

Two jacks:
IMG_3387.jpeg

And twisty jack
IMG_3389.jpeg

Until next update :tiphat:

Reactions: GMT

mr.brunch

Veteran
They have started to take off in the last few days, still nice and level canopy at the moment- so I have flipped them into flower today.
Preflowers are showing here and there so they’re plenty mature, I’ll get some pictures tomorrow when I water :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Into day 3 of flowering and I’ve just given them a nice watering… all looking good, even twisty jack is coming back ok.
They have grown well in the last few days, the pictures don’t do them justice

Gorilla cake
IMG_3399.jpeg

The two normal jacks
IMG_3401.jpeg

IMG_3402.jpeg

Twisty jack
IMG_3400.jpeg

And the group shot
IMG_3398.jpeg

No feed yet, just water 👍

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Really like the look of that gorilla cake. When do you start to feed them, and what with?

Edit: and what are the elephants for?

mr.brunch

Veteran
Really like the look of that gorilla cake. When do you start to feed them, and what with?

Edit: and what are the elephants for?
I’d say probably around week 2 or 3 flowering- it’ll be miracle grow as always, once every third watering…. The soil has nutrients added but it won’t last as long as they say- the nutrients definitely wash away from the peat free faster than the old stuff.

The elephants are on a tray that acts as a spoiler for the fan, pushing the airflow out to the sides of the tent and across the soil as the direct air tends to wind burn the girls a bit.
It is also a handy platform to get the next generation started- as I run the lights at night I move the seedlings between windowsill in the day and tent at night…. Gives them a good head start I’ve found. :tiphat: