What's new

Sam the Skunkman Original Haze x Skunk

Hashy Larry

Hello everyone, I would like to share with you all some of my experiences and photos which basically summarize the past decade of my life as a cannabis enthusiast living on the east coast under the persecution of prohibition.

I am originally from the suburbs of DC and have until recently been very paranoid about sharing my story, but now that laws have changed, I have since relocated and now feel the time is right. I suppose my main goal in the end is to meet others in DC and perhaps even as far away as NYC, who share the same passion for quality cannabis. I feel that after 4 years of legalized home cultivation, DC is still content with commercial grade imported from nor cal. This is an entire discussion on its own but i do not want to digress...

ANYWAYS, when it came time for me to decide on where to go for school, I was drawn to the big apple from hearing tales of Sour Diesel. I chose what borough to live in based primarily on who had the best weed. I realized that the NYU kids had the best drugs in lower manhattan and brooklyn. Good selection, but not consistent and pricey. They had blueberry, hash plant, sour, and some OGs and some others... it was the early 2000s and "purple kush" was all the rage ... It was good, but i eventually settled on uptown Harlem and the Bronx. Washington Heights consistently had THE BEST sour, but that is also where i discovered the pif. (you can read more about those years here: https://forum.grasscity.com/threads...-haze-grow-with-seeds-from-dimes-dubs.224434/ )

Long story short, I quit school and decided to grow out these seeds i had acquired. It was my first and only experience with a variety of ganja that actually got me HIGH. I eventually got raided in the Bronx in 2009 and lost everything. I have tried different hazes from different parts of the country, but it just is not the same as the pif from NYC... perhaps it is just never grown properly. Ever since then I have tried to possibly find it again from different Hazes on the market, which is what brings me here today...

In 2013 a good friend of mine moved from the east coast to Colorado and as a house warming gift i got him a pack of original haze x skunk 1 and a pack of thai haze x skunk 1 from Cultivator's Choice. Out of those 2 packs, only one haze x skunk male survived. I did realize that i was getting older stock but it was a risk i was willing to take, because in the end i believe it was worth it. I think access to these classic heirloom varieties is priceless. My guess would be that Sam has since refreshed his stock, because in addition to the hazes, I saw that he has some new stuff...

Anyways, in 2014 my buddy out in Colorado was pollinating a durb with the male Haze x Skunk, when some of the pollen hit his cookie monster and samoas. Another buddy of mine in Richmond VA then got some of those seeded buds and so I went down there and he hooked me up with maybe a 1/2 8th of both cookies and samoas. I found one seed in the Cookie Monster and a few in the samoas.

samoas i found the seeds in:
DSCN7612.jpg

X
Original Haze x Skunk #1
=
pheno 1:
DSCN8165.jpg

DSCN8167.jpg

DSCN8003.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts