What's new

Rust stripes between viens Mg?

LostTribe

Premium user
In cold conditions I cannot keep the temp above 72F. PPFD is about 600 right now with it dialed down if memory serves me. I havent turned it up in fact.

My massive dose of nutes at 2.3 looked like it might have greened up the tip tops of the plants. I fed a little lower today at 1.5. Tap, maxibloom, epson 1 tsp/gal and a tiny bit of recharge 1/8tsp.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I read thru but might have missed it. Do you know the PPFD that they are getting, not just how close they are or how dialed down the light is? I had a small learning curve when I first started with LED but still got good results. Now I have some of the best crops of my entire growing career with LED. I have found that keeping light intensity equal to growing conditions works best. Little less light might really help.
I have been running my veg plants around 450 to 500. I am in RDWC under a DIY PLC 630 watt with dimmers. I really have never been more happy with my setup or results. I rarely hit 1000 PPFD in flower with my setup and I consider it pretty optimal for growing.
Hope you see better results or you can always go back. For me the quality, ease of use, control and low heat from LED will keep me using it.
Have a sweet day. Peace, negative.

What is PPFD?

LostTribe

Premium user
Have you tried boosting the EC b4 flip?
I have bumped it a bit. They got a bit of tip burn now after the 2.3 feed 2 days ago. I figured....yesterday I knocked it down to 1.5. They still look the same. We will see if they improve over the next week but i've taken new cuts.

blondie

@LostTribe any pics? I’ve only got two Led grows with mars LEDs, and I’ve seen similar results to biblio. Trying hard to avoid this grow by using cal mag suuplememt every other watering. I think I’ve gotten rid of it finally. My new leaves don’t seem to show this.

If you blow up these images and look lower left. I’ve just been calling it mag def, though not really sure.

Attachments

• 9FCC061A-DD92-4DC9-A856-3AF5946970CE.jpeg
    9FCC061A-DD92-4DC9-A856-3AF5946970CE.jpeg
    942 KB · Views: 95
  • 89BB90A6-5243-4477-B568-25E5890E6E7F.jpeg
    89BB90A6-5243-4477-B568-25E5890E6E7F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 91

LostTribe

Premium user
I havent had the time I'll try in tonight. A couple looked a little greener but the Trinity got pretty yellowed out and lost some fans.

LostTribe

Premium user
I am not counting these lights out just yet but what a PITA. I will try to measure the ppfd again too. I have checked twice though and its all the way at the lowest setting on the dial.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Sorry you are having it turn out this way. I am sure there are a couple factors working against you that will get figured out. I had a very opposite experience with my intro to LED. I has a absolute blast building my light and learning how it all works. I can replace or fix myself anything that comes up. The ease of mounting, no air cooled monster hoods with ducting and associated fans. It was a win, win, win. Not to mention the reduced electricity use.
When I transition from my t-5 HO clone lighting I go for 200 PPFD and ease upward slowly from there. They take a bit to get used to that intensity of LED light.
Good luck. Peace, negative.

LostTribe

Premium user
They are starting to green back up 3 days later with the extra nutrients. Lets chalk this one up to Operator Error!!!!!

I am consistently underfeeding. Its not an easy thing for me to go from clones to veg. I try to just toss them straight from an aerocloner into new media and straight from T5's to either HID or these LED's. I guess I need a little more space with T5 to get things settled and need to stop forcing everything. I'll work on it. I will even try to get the Mars light back into the rotation but not sure just yet.

GF-Z

God damn it, pro growers =DDD stop blaming LED when you dont want to understand actual problem.
Put HPS, check your medium temperature.
Put LED, check your medium temperature.

When I've put heating mat under soil and started heating up everything, plant not only recovered, but started eating like mad. Then I stacked flowering plants on top of vegging plants, so flower room would constantly sit in 25 day, 20 night temperatures (heat coming from bottom veg cabinet).

From that time everything is good. Plant is still manage to make beautiful full of resin buds and is happy, starting last stage of flowering. And my led light is cheap sh** 60$ from amazon with old bridgelux/epistar leds which are nowhere close to Samsung 281b / 301h ones...

Please, learn to adapt, not to blame. LED lights can give you 2g per watt, if you can adapt to plant feeding and provide same growing environment...
Especially when you have those Spider farmers, HLG and etc....

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
They are starting to green back up 3 days later with the extra nutrients. Lets chalk this one up to Operator Error!!!!!

I am consistently underfeeding. Its not an easy thing for me to go from clones to veg. I try to just toss them straight from an aerocloner into new media and straight from T5's to either HID or these LED's. I guess I need a little more space with T5 to get things settled and need to stop forcing everything. I'll work on it. I will even try to get the Mars light back into the rotation but not sure just yet.
What’s in the cloner foodwise?

I

negative37dBA

Veteran
That checking your medium temperature may be a thing with soil and soiless growers. I am sure there is a bit of a drop with LED. I grow in RDWC so my medium temp never changes no matter what lights I use. Water is a great way to grow.
Have a sweet day all! Peace, negative.

LostTribe

Premium user
I havent tried hydro with LED as tents and hydro dont mix for my style. Maybe at some point. I'm trying to run the coco like hydro but obviously its way different.

I am running the follwing in cloner and usually dip in clonex
RO
Calmag to 180ppm
a tsp of silica blast
top off with maxibloom up to 500ppm (700 scale) I think its .7-.8ec ph 5.7 and leave it until they root. They are always perfectly green. I had a bit of issues transfering a couple over to hydroton as well but those laughed and kept right on rolling.

They are greening up for sure. I normally dont feed this hot in any type of situation in hydroponics. Max 1.8ec.

GF-Z

I havent tried hydro with LED as tents and hydro dont mix for my style. Maybe at some point. I'm trying to run the coco like hydro but obviously its way different.

I am running the follwing in cloner and usually dip in clonex
RO
Calmag to 180ppm
a tsp of silica blast
top off with maxibloom up to 500ppm (700 scale) I think its .7-.8ec ph 5.7 and leave it until they root. They are always perfectly green. I had a bit of issues transfering a couple over to hydroton as well but those laughed and kept right on rolling.

They are greening up for sure. I normally dont feed this hot in any type of situation in hydroponics. Max 1.8ec.

I would still guess its cold water/cold medium and intensity of leds requiring fast metabolism, which can not happen with those temps. Which makes calcium/magnesium locked out harder to absorb.. And then lockouts happen... But its my guess based on my last 2 month experience...

LostTribe

Premium user
I would still guess its cold water/cold medium and intensity of leds requiring fast metabolism, which can not happen with those temps. Which makes calcium/magnesium locked out harder to absorb.. And then lockouts happen... But its my guess based on my last 2 month experience...
The temps has been down another 5F since I increased the ec. I am aware of the media temps. There is an air gap and they are not on a cold floor either. I was at 78F it was 72F today.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I’m in soil so I know that’s a little different… but when I was just under 2000w hps I was feeding at 1.6 ec. When I added 400w of led bar lights on the sides of the hps, I had to bump my feed to 2.4ec. So I can only imagine growing under LEDs as your main lights

Latest posts

Latest posts