What's new

Rube Goldberg Water Extraction.

hamstring

Veteran
I turned all my outdoor into hash this year and sometimes in years past for a slew of different reasons. When I was younger i would just use my hammer drill and a metal paint mixer in a 5 gallon bucket. Even in my younger years my back would be killing me after a few hours of work.

This year I said no way I can do all this by hand so I built a stand to hold my hammer drill. My hammer drill has a handle that can be removed if you don’t want to use it. Thank god I saved that handle all these years. As you can see the drill is held down with some two-hole conduit straps and the speed is controlled by tightening a hose clamp down around the drill trigger.

thumb_IMG_1209_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1210_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1211_1024.jpg

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
I learned a few things that I will share with anyone who may try this same rig. You will need five of the 5-gallon buckets to make this a continuous process. You will need to cut the bottom off of two of the buckets. One will be put over a large garbage can and your bags will be put in that bucket with no bottom That way you can put multiple buckets of water through the bags without having to empty it every time.

I am using bubble dude bags that are screens the whole way not just on the bottom. If I was to do this again I would cut the bucket in half instead of just cutting the bottom off. That way there is more area to let the water move through. I was using a 160um, 75um and 25um bag to filter the hash. The 25bag fills with water and you still have to F with it to get the water to drain. Thats leads to the second piece of advice. Make sure to tie a rope around your 25 bag or the weight of the water will pull it off and into the large garbage can. Lesson learned on first bucket.

Because the water tends to foam up as you mix it I added a cover which helps out way more than I thought it would. Another tip is to run a hose from your water source with a sprayer nozzle hooked to it. This is to fill the buckets with water but more importantly to clean and help move the hash through each bubble bag. Its works way better that a spray bottle. That was they way I was taught, to use a spray bottle to get rid of the foam and move the hash. No bueno , the hose is the way to go.

The second 5-gallon bucket with the bottom cut off will be slid into a bucket already containing the the working bag. This keep the metal mixer from destroying your work bag.

I ran each bag of weed twice 10 minutes each. With multiple buckets you can pull your work bag put into a empty bucket and immediately do a second run while your pouring the first run through the 160,75,25 bags over the garbage can.

thumb_IMG_1218_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1214_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1216_1024.jpg

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Everything still wet in the pictures so there will be shrinkage hehehe.

I was running Purple Satellite an GG4. This was my first time growing a true sativa (thanks vermont man) so I was surprised the the 25 bag held the most resin. I never ran a 160 bag before but was glad I did. If you look closely you can see I still ended up with a small hole in my work bag. The 160 kept it from contaminating all the other bags. That 160 is no bueno for sure. That will be given away for sure.

thumb_IMG_1219_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1220_1024.jpg

This next set is my GG4 and dude the pictures don’t do the 75um justice. Look at all that wonderful blond hash.

thumb_IMG_1222_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1224_1024.jpg

hamstring

Veteran
I just smoked a pea size piece of the GG4 75um bag. FULL MELT!! I'm 57 years old and have never smoked full melt hash. For a perfectly valid reason, I never made any. I only smoke what I grow.

I have made hash quite a few times but its never been full melt. I'm quite sure the quality of the input deserves the real credit here but I'm stealing what credit I can, FULL MELT baby!

hamstring

Veteran
dramamine & Ncali

Thanks guys, I'm like a proud daddy again. Like most dads, I didn't do much, but I was part making this baby.

The rig, really no new ideas just recycled ones. I knew people had turned their drills into drill presses before. Thats a real back saver. It makes it possible to make many runs. I was worried running my hammer drill for 10 minutes of constant duty could get hard on the motor. No Sir, it never even got warm.

The rest of the rig has been done many times on the internet, so I just added my experiences so that they might help the next brother who's too cheep to buy a small washing machine.

Airloom

Veteran
I turned all my outdoor into hash this year and sometimes in years past for a slew of different reasons. When I was younger i would just use my hammer drill and a metal paint mixer in a 5 gallon bucket. Even in my younger years my back would be killing me after a few hours of work.

This year I said no way I can do all this by hand so I built a stand to hold my hammer drill. My hammer drill has a handle that can be removed if you don’t want to use it. Thank god I saved that handle all these years. As you can see the drill is held down with some two-hole conduit straps and the speed is controlled by tightening a hose clamp down around the drill trigger.

View attachment 18779661 View attachment 18779662 View attachment 18779663
Any suggestions for a drill? I’m not familiar with a hammer drill….I’m very impressed with this for its succinct and SUCCESSFUL results. Bravo

I abandoned a DIY coffee roaster project last fall (2022) it used a flour sifter and heat gun. The OP coffee roaster got more complex as I ruminated on the thread
THIS is something I would finish. All my flower is in grove bags but outdoors 2023 is fast approaching

I’m thinking maybe Sweet tooth #4 FDM seeds I’ve got in the frig would be 💣

Seeds are not the problem; decisions are

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

hamstring

Veteran
A hammer drill is usually just a large drill that has a hammer function to drill into masonry(concrete). You dont need this function what you need is a very heavy duty drill and many times they are hammer drills.

Their cost is $100- $150.00 range. You would also need a metal paint mixer. Before you go and buy all this stuff I would suggest looking at the small washing machines made for hash making. The only reason I did it this way was because I had all the necessary tools on hand. By the time you purchase all the necessary materials you will be close to the cost of the machine below.

The nice thing about my DIY rig is I can run pretty large amounts of material/weed through it. At least 2 oz's at a time close to a QP. Not sure what the machine below could handle but maybe someone with experience will help out.

AppliancesBest SellersRefrigerationCookingWashers & DryersDishwashersParts & Accessories

Help their budget go farther with Visa gift cards

$249.99$249.99

Add to List

• Giantex Portable Washing Machine, Full Automatic Washer and Dryer Combo, with Built-in Pump Drain 8 LBS Capacity Compact Laundry Washer Spinner for Apartment RV Dorm

Airloom

Veteran
TY
I’m inspired to give it a try just because of your very simple explanation.
I do hear ya about utilizing what you’ve got on hand.
I had never heard of Frenchy until he passed but was inspired by his story to watch a bunch of his videos.
If nothing else I’ll just say thanks for one of the best bubble hash intros I’ve come across. You’ve got a gift…..
Thoreau said simplify simplify simplify

Latest posts

Latest posts