What's new

Rookie Aero Flo Grow Together

hempyftw

hmmmm

hmmmm

No big plans really.

I have 3 of the systems continuously rocking right now.

I really gotta get those yield stats up though!

To combat this issue, I popped some blue dream seeds a few weeks back. Gonna be awhile before I have a whole set of them though.

I really gotta get a few runs out of it and get my roi up before I start changing things and trying to maximize.

I may run into a set of og clones here soon though. We shall see how they treat me!

I'll get some shots post harvest of this last batch I'm working on soon. Need to get around to that! keep putting of the chop.

Best of luck to everyone!

Farm, its the liquid karma that is staining the roots. I used to use it and I had the exact same staining.

I can vouch for OG's nute regieme, it rocks. Best ever resin coating on a strain that I have run for years.

SouthernHaze

So I definitely mis judged my flowering time. I upped my nutes. Back up after a couple days of flushing realizing its gonna take the full70 if not more. So ill see how things are looking later this week. Trichs are starting to cloud a little . Things are chunking up nicely. Alot more than I expected. Gives me high hopes in a perfect run situation.
Ak- definitely taking any hiccup this run as a learning experience and something I won't have to go through later. I plan on making this a structure in my life, so believe me , if anything I see these problems as reasons to strive for excellence even more my next go. In no way am I discouraged!!!

Thx my friends! I have a question about the DM zone. In researching i can't really find a definitive answer of what it is exactly. (the ingredients) Is this some sort of additive for root sterilization? For keeping bacteria down? Or does it also have some other beneficial additives?

If it is just a sterilizing agent, wouldn't it be cheaper to just use something like H202, bleach or a chlorine mixture add back?

Thanks again everybody, im excited to try this and see the results, but i always do my homework, and if there are ways to save on the costs im all for it.

SouthernHaze

Cheaper... Hell yeah, but as effective... Idk man. I know we had one or two guys using hydrogen peroxide, but their grows failed to come to maturity. Cant say that was their only problem. and Can't say exactly what's in it but I'm sure you can look it up from Dutch master. All I know is the people who used it are still in action Pythium and rot free. It's a little expensive but good things usually are! My 2 cents
Also having to only replenish it with res changes is nice vs chlorine additives that break down easy.

SouthernHaze

Hey guys. Been waiting a while for this. Brought a small side branch down and will slowly start taking it all down. Here's what we r looking like going into day 70

LivingCanvas

Root Slime vs SM90

Root Slime vs SM90

Hey everyone, I'm mostly a lurker and have been watching this thread for a while.

I saw a few people mentioning temps and root zone issues, and while I haven't faced the "brown slime" in battle yet, I was wondering if anyone has used/seen positive results from adding SM90 to their rez?

I used it in combo with 29% H2O2 in my old DWC setups and never had any issues.

Also, regarding root rot feeding the cyanobacteria, has anyone tried Hygrozyme? It can run in sterile rezes (I always go sterile nutes + RO with my systems.) since there's no microorganisms to worry about, and supposedly the enzymes turn dead root material into sugars the plant can then feed on. (Not sure if that would also feed the bacteria?)

One thing I came across when researching some systems I wanted to incorporate into my designs, was the idea of Dissolved Oxygen deficiencies in the center of the root mass. That lack of oxygen helped anaerobic bacteria multiply in the center of the root mass, eventually effecting the roots from center out.

Could that be an issue with the limited space in the 6" tubing?

I'm currently running a LP Aero "tub" hybrid with SWC at the bottom. (Self contained system) and haven't had issues with running 1200ppm Lucas.

I appreciate AK for organizing this thread and others for sharing their experience. I will hopefully learn much more from you all!

SouthernHaze

Yo.
Got two down working on the others . Ill give a complete report when it's been cured. Feels good hitting the finish line finally. Can't wait to run this again. This time with a notch in my belt. Thank you everyone who helped me get to this point. I am forever grateful. Well here's some chop pics.

Day 71

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
-farmhouse cat
It's simular to pool cleaner. I love it - it gives me more wiggle room with heat, and is cheap already. I use it at 50 ml/ 40 gallon res. If I see any turbidity in the res - just add another 50 and problem solved.

-SoutherHaze
Congrats man! Keep us posted on the rest of the fun.

-AK

-farmhouse cat
It's simular to pool cleaner. I love it - it gives me more wiggle room with heat, and is cheap already. I use it at 50 ml/ 40 gallon res. If I see any turbidity in the res - just add another 50 and problem solved.

-SoutherHaze
Congrats man! Keep us posted on the rest of the fun.

-AK

Thx AK. Iv'e been runnin aero for about 4 years searchin for nirvana. I always make it to harvest, but it just always seems like there is something holding my plants back when they go into 12/12.
It's weird because when the plants are in veg they explode daily and have vigorous growth and huge healthy roots. At about the 2nd week into flower the roots seem to change in appearance (turn brown)and the plants seem to loose vigor. (no matter what strength of nutes)

Im hoping with the switch to DM i can resolve this.

Hey all, still alive, barely...

Just wanted to congrat SH on hitting the finish line, sorry to hear about the gassing issues usda :(

Just ending week 7 here, this strain stretched waaaay to much....

Only had 40" headroom to work with, and with growing from seed resulted an a jungle with a far from even canopy.... Flowered at 9" and still ended up running out of room...

All apologies for my absence, life is what happens when u make plans, thx to AK and all the usual suspects for keeping the dream alive...

SouthernHaze

Thank y'all . You guys rock.
it looks good. Here's a pic it is not cured and about to go in the jar. Stuff came out light. Guess I could of used some time to bulk up more. But hey live and learn. I'm about half way done trimming and putting in jars.! Still proud of my little harvest tho. Looks like there should be a good amount. No where near 1g/w , more like .4 or .5. But I guess lets not speculate numbers , I'd rather see facts. But omthe bright side it looks pretty and i can stop with the babbage here soon. So until then ill try to throw up info as I can. Again thanks for all the congrats

SouthernHaze

So maybe I yielded a little better than I expected. Def more than a zip per big jar. Final weigh In soon and smoke report.
Seems I could have done better with the smell. But hey this is way better than that mexi bullcrap. I'm sure any lack in any area is due to my lack of experience. I know many things to look for know and have all the right tools. Next time I'm definitely getting it right i know it. But for a first grow not to shabby n my opinion.goin for big colas nextime, popcorn is no longer welcome in my garden. I will probably drop my room temp a few degrees and maybe add a fan. But anyways here be the photos of it canned up

SouthernHaze

Update:
Totaling to 349 g! So 12.5. Did way better than I thought. Guess was just doubtful. I also scraped my mirror I used for trimming and picked out the green stuff. Man one toke of that hash put me on my ass for several minutes. got a good bit of trim and tiny buds so bubble is coming soon. So I guess this is the end of the road here this time I'm definitely gonna watch out for those to come here on this thread! Again and again thank you aerokrafter for hosting this and putting whats in your head out for us. man definitely wouldnt have gotten this far without reading what you wrote down. i hope everything conitues to go well and get better for you you truely deserve it for all you have done.and hopefully thanks also to our sponsors lol. This was a learning experience of a lifetime and I'm sure I have much more to learn.
-SH

Hey all...

Week 8 finished, going to take them to end of week 9, then chop...

As mentioned, ran outta head room, heat scorched some on the tops a little on the one system...

Very sticky, smells of grapes...

Sorry couldnt figure out how to rotate images after uploading :(

ganja..

Latest posts

Latest posts